41 coaches online • Server time: 14:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xyon

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Team Roster, Starting Lineup, Warmup Bench

Team Roster
Normal: You're only able to choose up to 16 players total for your team roster

Option: You're able to purchase up to twice the number of normally allowed positionals, and unlimited ammount of 0-16 players.

Example: A Human team may purchase up to 8 blitzers, 8 catchers, 2 ogres, 4 throwers, and any number of linemen.

Starting Lineup

Normal: There is no starting lineup currently, your full team roster is used to choose your available players for every game.

Option: You may select 1 to 16 players from your Team Roster for your Starting Lineup. Every player on your Starting Lineup is worth their full TV value for calculating inducements. If you select less than 11 players you may bring the total players up to 11 using Journeymen (although this will have consequences later on if you are able to field 11 or more players). You may not choose more positionals of a single type in your Starting Lineup than would currently be allowed on your Team Roster.

Example: A Human team might have 8 blitzers on their Team Roster, but may only select up to 4 of them for their Starting Lineup.

Warm-up Bench

Normal: There is no mechanic for this yet in the rules.

Option: You may select up to 8 players for your warmup bench. Positional limitations are half the current maximum allowed, to a minimum of 1 for players that have a 0-1 position type. Players selected for the Warm-up Bench are worth Half their total TV for calculating inducements.

A player selected for the warmup bench may replace a player of their position that has been removed from the game due to injury at the start of the second half of the game, and any kick-off that happens afterwards. A linemen may fill in for any position

Example: A Human Team may select up to 2 blitzers for their Warm-up Bench. If they select 4 blitzers for their Starting Lineup, and 2 on their Warm-up Bench, the following could happen. If the team has only lost 1 blitzer by the start of the second half, it may replace that player with 1 from the Warm-up Bench, even if other players had been removed from the game from other positions. If more blitzers are then removed and another kick off happens, the remaining blitzer may be selected from the Warm-up Bench.

But if 3 blitzers had been removed from the game, the 2 blitzers in the Warm-up Bench may be placed in the game, while a lineman may replace the third.

FAME & Winnings, Fan Factor
FAME & Winnings
Normal: Currently winnings are 1d6 + fame, and a reroll if you win

Option: Winnings are determined by five times the fans rolled when rolling for FAME (or, I like to times by 10 and divide in half). If one team chooses to field any ammount of journeymen while still being capable of fielding 11 or more players, they roll 1d6 for FAME and do not add their Fan Factor, as the fans are outraged by their favorite players not even coming to the stadium.

The winner of the game earns 2/3 of the winnings while the loser earns 1/3 of the winnings. Both players gain 1/2 of the winnings if the result is a tie. All fractions are rounded off as the referees, stadium owners, and support staff will skim from the top.

Example: Team A has 4 Fan Factor and rolls 8 from their 2d6. The fans that came out for them is 12,000

Team B has 7 Fan Factor, and rolls 6 from their 2d6. The fans that come out for them is 13,000.

The total number of fans is 25,000. So there is 125,000 gold available as winnings. 41,000 gold for the loser, 83,000 gold for the winner. 62,000 gold if a tie. (Damn support staff, refs, and stadium owners from skimming from your fractional winnings!)

Fan Factor
Normal: Gaining or losing Fan Factor is mainly based on whether you win or lose your match. Either 2d6 or 3d6 is rolled and compared to your current Fan Factor.

Option: Each player rolls 1d6, plus 1d6 for every point of difference in touchdowns scored.

The winner, or both players (if a tie) will gain 1 point in Fan Factor if they roll higher than their current Fan Factor. (No fans join a team for a tie unless they have very few fans to begin with)

The loser will lose 1 point of Fan Factor if any of the dice rolled are come up as a 1 or 2.

Example: Team A scores 4 touchdowns, Team B scores 2 touchdowns. So both players roll 3d6. Coach A rolls an 8, which is higher than Team A's Fan Factor of 4, so they gain a point. Team B rolls a 3,6 & 4 so their Fan Factor stays 7.

If it was a tie, both players would roll a 1d6. Player A would gain one point of Fan Factor if they roll a 5 or 6, and Player B would not be able to gain a point of Fan Factor at all, but would not lose any.

Gaining & Removing Skills, Players Gaining TV
Gaining & Removing Skills
Normal: Players roll roll 2d6 to determine the type of skill or stat increase they can choose. Also, normally players may not choose secret weapons, boo!

Option: A player that rolls a 'double' may choose to remove one skill they may find to be negative, such as loner, really stupid, always hungry, secret weapon, etc. This costs the same TV as choosing a skill that would require the double roll.

Linemen in particular than rise to high glory if they roll a 12 and choose to gain a point in strength, an 11 and gain a point of agility, or a 10 and gain a point in movement or armor. But now, a lineman may sink to the dark side of glory by choosing a secret weapon when they roll a 2, 3, or 4 on their skill roll.

A lineman that takes a secret weapon gains the secret weapon skill, and may choose either the chainsaw, bombadier, or ball & chain skills. You may instead take the stab, or stakes skills without the secret weapon skill as these weapons are easier to hide.

Gaining a secret weapon of any type increases the players TV by the same as gaining a point of move/armor.

Example: A human lineman rolls 3 for their skill roll, they decide to join the fun side of the game and gain the chainsaw and secret weapon skills for a TV increase same as a point of move.

If this same human lineman gains another skill roll, and rolls a double, you could then remove the secret weapon skill from this player.

If the human lineman took stab, they would not have the secret weapon skill and could spend their double skill on something else.

The Ogre on this human team rolls a double 4, you could gain a skill that requires a double roll, or they could remove a skill like loner or bonehead from their current skills.

Players Gaining TV
Normal: Every skill is a set TV value based on whether its a stat increase, normal, or double skill.

Option: Player skills are based on how many total skills the player has gained so far.

Starting with the first skill, and ending with the sixth skill, the TV of gaining each skill would be changed to this:
5, 35, 40, 30, 20, 20

If any of the skills is a double, add 5 to the value. If you are adding a point of move/armor, add 10. If you are adding a point of agility, add 20. If you are adding a point of strength, add 30.

Example:
A player under the current rules would gain 120 to their TV by having six normal skills. A player in this new system would gain 150 to their TV

Players with one skill are worth less than before, players with 2 are worth the same, players with 3+ are worth more. But players who gain a 5th and 6th skill are usually just topping out their choices of skills and are usually about as effective as those with 4 skills, so the gain in TV is reduced.

Gaining a point of a stat is worth less TV as a first skill, but will balance out near the end if the player survives long enough. As an example, if a player takes +st as a 5th or 6th skill, it will still add +50 to the TV of the player, but as a 1st skill it only adds +35, while +st as a 2nd skill will add +65 (because a player with block gaining st is more effective than a player without block who has st and who is trying to survive to get block).

Kick Off Table
Kick Off Table
Normal: well we all know about this.

Option: I would combine the Blitz!, and Quick Snap! results on the kick off table.

There would be a dice roll between the two coaches to see who wins, if the defence wins its a Quick Snap! If the offence wins its a blitz!

I would also combine the High Kick and Perfect Defense results on the kick off table. Again a roll off would be used to determine whether the defense gets a perfect defence or the offence gets a high kick.

Support Staff

I have more to say about this, I will add it in later.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!

Last edited by xyon on %b %19, %2014 - %18:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You are too good for the standard request thread? Blog it.
xyon

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
You are too good for the standard request thread? Blog it.

I honestly don't know if you are teasing me or encouraging me, I always feel defensive about the posts you make, hehe.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

We have a thread about client modifications, this although well constructed fits that forum topic. If it's a rant, then blogs are for rants. There isn't a need for a new forum topic.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting concept there mouse. Forum doesn't need new topics! I like it! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You're not looking at the big picture here. Who makes changes to the client? Kalimar.

So Kalimar set up (or approved) a topic for such points. Is he going to find this topic, if he doesn't waste his time to find it in the forums? (remember searching was something the author couldn't be bothered to do, so it's a logical assumption Kalimar wouldn't be bothered either) thus the topic would be lost to the hole of lost and useless topics and his points lost to the void.

Unless you're volunteering to bulletpoint points to our resident client bod?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow...

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

YUP. wot HM said.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I think there is value in having a discussion thread about ideas before making an "official" request. I imagine Kalimar would also prefer to have vetted ideas crop up rather than any old thing that crosses a brain. Ironing out things via a discussion (perhaps on IRC or in the forum or blog) is what I would do before making major client request. Is there more harm is spouting half-baked ideas than in asking for help in choosing what doubles a Bull Centaur should take as it's second skill?

More on topic: I don't think I would use any of the above options, as they shift the game away from the type I would like to play. Perhaps some other folks would like them - who knows.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
Personally, I think there is value in having a discussion thread about ideas before making an "official" request. I imagine Kalimar would also prefer to have vetted ideas crop up rather than any old thing that crosses a brain.

Cool!! However I can't find this topic you made....damn forum function!!!

Also as to not flood your topic request before they become official requests, I'm thinking of making a 'Topic for requests that may not make it to ideas before being official requests, requests' topic.

Kinda divisional.
xyon

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
(remember searching was something the author couldn't be bothered to do, so it's a logical assumption Kalimar wouldn't be bothered either)

Hey you big jerk, I was just sayin this is a house rule thing, I hadn't thought that I would suggest it as a change that could be made to the client. Thats why I put it here.

But you know what else? I did look through all the sections of the forums, and I didnt find any thread that is stickied that says "new client suggestions" or anything else that would make you think this is THE specific forum thread to go to suggest client changes. Sure there is the specific section of the forum for the client, but not a stickied thread for client features/support ideas.

If there is a thread, its not stickied at the top, so please point it out to me, otherwise stop acting like I'm the jerk.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

xyon wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
(remember searching was something the author couldn't be bothered to do, so it's a logical assumption Kalimar wouldn't be bothered either)

Hey you big jerk, I was just sayin this is a house rule thing, I hadn't thought that I would suggest it as a change that could be made to the client. Thats why I put it here.

Well how do you think changes like this are made, if they aren't made to the client? The tooth fairy does it?

I can accept personal attacks like that if your first language isn't English, however you should no better. Wind it in.

xyon wrote:

But you know what else? I did look through all the sections of the forums, and I didnt find any thread that is stickied that says "new client suggestions" or anything else that would make you think this is THE specific forum thread to go to suggest client changes. Sure there is the specific section of the forum for the client, but not a stickied thread for client features/support ideas.

If there is a thread, its not stickied at the top, so please point it out to me, otherwise stop acting like I'm the jerk.

Yeah, I can relate to that. The search function in the forums is awful, however most people do not even bother trying. So rather getting upset and start poo throwing, why not try working a positive outcome?

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21942&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
xyon

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You're the one to started doing the put downs, remember that. You were being very passive aggressive.

Edit: and I guess yeah sarcasm isnt easy on forums, maybe I should have added smiley faces next to the word "jerk" because I was just teasing you instead of actually being upset hehe.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
 Jump to: