52 coaches online • Server time: 14:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

After an unusual match (not only for the TV difference but the cas count) with no mng or perms, the Greenfield Rumblers find themselves at 16 players and 1900 TV.

Yeah, a PFling team. So, can they continue to get matches and do they stand a moth's chance in Purgatory to survive at this TV?

Conventional wisdom says they're gonna get hurt, and lose, BIG TIME. Can the Rumblers continue to succeed at this TV? Can we even get a match more than 6x a year in my Time Zone? (PST evenings if you want to try your luck).

My guess is no, no, and no. But we'll give it a shot regardless. You want some squishy, bloated PFlings? Be on at 0530 bbtime. I'm here most 'mornings'. Let's Rumble.

Last edited by Sigmar1 on Jan 14, 2015 - 09:40; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 09:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If Royal Cookie Crumble taught us anything, it's that when you have an unwieldy monster of a team you throw them into the biggest competition you can until they're cut back down to size.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it will be good to find out. I also think you're in the best position to give feedback on this roster now. To me that team looks pretty good at that TV. I do think you'll need to be a little selective though. And I don't think there's any harm in that, the non-killer all round rosters that play ball. You do have 2 mb-blocklers, which is the most potent player in stunty.

I've kinda giving up with dp in stunty nowadays though. Block is just so much better in my opinion.
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have some mega-bloated horrors who would like to finish their grid and are only missing pro flings. Lets see if we meet some day Wink
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If you survive (or want to avoid) Stonetroll's bloated horrors I have a steroid abusing but tackleless Squig team that only has PFlings left for the grid. To be honest I didn't think they would ever see a PFling team at this TV!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
If Royal Cookie Crumble taught us anything, it's that when you have an unwieldy monster of a team you throw them into the biggest competition you can until they're cut back down to size.

Hehe, only TV 1910 now.

As for the OP: your Mootguards and tree have no bloat at all; the catchers are bloaty of course, I'd replace the ST1AG6 if I were you.

With AG4 stunty nerves of steel, there's really very little +AG will do for a pro catcher, and 80k TV is a lot (especially in stunty with its underpriced stars).

m0gw41 wrote:
If you survive (or want to avoid) Stonetroll's bloated horrors I have a steroid abusing but tackleless Squig team that only has PFlings left for the grid. To be honest I didn't think they would ever see a PFling team at this TV!

Wow, Big Red is an amazing player!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
If you survive (or want to avoid) Stonetroll's bloated horrors I have a steroid abusing but tackleless Squig team that only has PFlings left for the grid.
Hey! quit rolling for skills using the Admin Client! Razz
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
m0gw41 wrote:

Wow, Big Red is an amazing player!

Big Red looks like a Big King in the making!
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8924710

The Rumblers look like a fun team by the way Sigmar.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Well it will be good to find out. I also think you're in the best position to give feedback on this roster now. To me that team looks pretty good at that TV.

Heh, let me know when anyone is interested. And yeah, I really enjoy playing them. I'd rank them (PFlings) as one of the funnest teams to play.

@Stonetroll and m0gw41: I'll play either of you, just find a way to be available evenings PST.

the_Sage wrote:
I'd replace the ST1AG6 if I were you. With AG4 stunty nerves of steel, there's really very little +AG will do for a pro catcher, and 80k TV is a lot (especially in stunty with its underpriced stars).

No freakin' way. You realize he's the most agile Stunty player EVER right? (Well, unless there's ever been a +2AG Assassin). He's also one of the team's original players and has survived FIFTY-TWO matches. And this is Stunty...he'll die or get another perm soon enough Very Happy Oh, and he dodges away from Diving Tackle on a 2+. O_O Not to mention, if the ball hits the ground he can get it and toss it pretty much guaranteed, no matter how many players are in the way. ST1 isn't that much of a disadvantage for the role Griddlefire plays on my team, and AG6 is crazy awesome.

garyt1 wrote:
The Rumblers look like a fun team by the way Sigmar.

Thanks man, I like them a bunch. I can't understand why everyone doesn't play them. Then again, I've never felt a desire to play a team with saws, so wth do I know?

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, got my first match at 1900 TV. Took on a psychotic CFling team, and got my hiney handed to me on a silver platter. Nine to one cas in a humiliating loss (feeling a bit like the Colts here). Ooooh!

We will forge on however. (We're at 1680 TV after that match btw hehe).

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:

No freakin' way. You realize he's the most agile Stunty player EVER right? (Well, unless there's ever been a +2AG Assassin). He's also one of the team's original players and has survived FIFTY-TWO matches. And this is Stunty...he'll die or get another perm soon enough Very Happy Oh, and he dodges away from Diving Tackle on a 2+. O_O Not to mention, if the ball hits the ground he can get it and toss it pretty much guaranteed, no matter how many players are in the way. ST1 isn't that much of a disadvantage for the role Griddlefire plays on my team, and AG6 is crazy awesome.

Well, I've kept a few AG6 players around against my better judgment too. AG6 isn't any better than 5 for passes, though. Still, it's nice for pickups, and I hadn't thought of diving tackle (or tail), which is of course a big deal in stunty.
 Jump to: