44 coaches online • Server time: 00:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I did. I must say it was very stressful and nearly cost me dearly, but I got my ball carrier to legend and skilled a warrior.

Not to say I'd want to repeat that of course...

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2015 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, that frenzy ballcarrier is pretty interesting. Now he's useful on defence against anyone except Jimmy, who has too much fend and SF Razz
Malmir

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Think I just used my bloodbowl quota of luck for the year - check out turn 16! http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3651621
cdassak

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Stonetroll got it right Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

suck it Trolly

Jeffro
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

First quarterfinal just got interesting as the Human/Necromancer team of Bluewood Blue Tits brings back a sweet human blitzer Big Ben to fight against the followers of Nurgle.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Necromancy? Anything to get humans unforlorn, I suppose. Awesome player, let's hope nuffle allows him to shine for longer this time around.

#teamtits
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hurray for Team Tits!

Or was that a spelling error? Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Deliberate, what better way to amass some fans for humanity Wink
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a Tits fan. Love those little things.. how they flit a flirt around. Everyone should love 'em.

But I'm not a fan of Ben's limp. I thought the scroll was gonna heal everything. I'll look into it. Every extra square I can get ahead of claw and tentacles the better. (if I can get ahead of them at all. Go Jugger!)

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir and Tantibus trying to sneak the game in right now. To the spec-mobile!
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2015 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Onwards to the quarter finals, there are some really interesting matchups brewing.

One of the games was already played between Malmir and Tantibus that deserves a page by itself, but I'll leave it up to the coaches if they want to.

First up we have Jimmys aptly names Brutal Cherrypickers going against cowheads Cryptic Apocalypse. In an unexpected turn of events the dwarfs actually have to go ready up first, leaving the metagaming ball clearly in khemri court. Cowhead has already done some spring cleaning on his team weeding out any players smelling of cherries, so a lot of this game is going to be played in the post-sequence.

Once the ball has been kicked off though, it will still be up to NUFFLE in the end. Statistically it looks very good for the khemri though, as they are 9/0/1 against dwarves so far, showing they have a good grab on how to tackle the slow clumsy norse. Well-played khemri are a tough nut to crack for the mostly st3 team, and this is why I'm predicting a tight blocking and jockeying game that ends in a1-0 win for the Apocalypse boys.

In the bottom half there is the lottery winner's quarterfinal, with Superlynx and Bats N' Rats going against GronxWild with Tercere Dinastia. Bats N Rats will probably get a wizard but not much else, but the Undead have a skill pending so there is still room for a surprise wight skill too. While a staple pick, piling on might not be the best one for this match.

This match looks like another one where all the CRP cards are stacked in favour of skaven, as they are still sporting oneturner, wizard and a clawPROmber. But GronxWild is riding the tiger after their last win. Will they rise up to the challenge of their rival, or will it happen too fast? I say they are riding the Rocky narrative all the way (This is part 3 obviously, previous two games were 1 and 2), take it to overtime winning the cointoss and club their opponents 3-2 submission.

Last is my own match with Uusiverikulho against The_Murkers Bluwood Blue Tits. Humanity has gathered their heroes in a time of need, and as always with a wise council of wizards everything is possible. Still, they are facing a team of comic book villain proportions. I'll not predict my own game either, so this weeks predictions are going to be kinda thin. I'll update a time on the tourney page once we agree on a time. Bring your own rocks, there are already enough tits to go around.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2015 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a picture in my mind of a human citadell surrounded by the chaos hoards, much like in the Gotrex and Felix novels. Our ST5 ball carrier has been risen from the dead, wizards and their lightning are prepared, 100 grand of Blue Tits babes are ready to inspire the men KO'd in combat.. we simply await the battle it looks like we cannot win. Now we prey. Sigmar. Ulric. Nuffle. It must be the will of the Gods.. and sometimes.. it is.

I can play at 18:00. How does the wether look? Storm clouds would be fitting.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir making another final! You are becoming the Eddie Merckx of Fumbbl, sir! Wink
Malmir

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Verminardo, been an interesting route there and as I haven't posted about it I thought I'd do it all at once.

http://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3651621 First round proper match against Cdassak. This was by far the toughest game we faced in this tournament and was an epic to boot. Well worth a look at the replay if you didn't see it. A tactical battle came down to a couple of moments of dice. We were 1-0 down 2nd half, but turned down the chance to score to try and stall it out, knowing Cdassak had a wiz. We managed to get to a nice fairly mega bunkered position in turn 6. The wiz popped the ball but it still looked fairly safe until a ghoul dodged through, made the pick up and successfully launched it down the pitch. Game over...or is it? My carrier managed to get in range of the ball turn 7 and turn 8 he launches a 6+ long bomb down the pitch to a marked rookie hobbo who takes it, dodges out and in for a equaliser. Although we lost the coin a pitch invasion helped big time and we managed the overtime win. Epic.

In the quarters against Tantibus' nurgle we had a solid drive to score in turn 5. We then pressured and broke away with the ball only to be clawed back (quite literally). Turn 8, to avoid being clawpombed and with no real expectation of anything else, my super bull Mr Red launches himself towards the ball. A six frenzy later and he's made it through tacklezones, picked up the ball, dodged through more tz and over the line. Suddenly it was 2-0 and that meant we just had to hold him up second half which we did. However, right near the end my superbull, who had just been potioned, decided to trip himself up, smash his armour and remove himself from the semifinal - idiot. Nevertheless, we surrounded the loose ball and hung on.

Into the semi against cowhead's khemri, a coach I really rate. This was a weird anti-climax of a game. A rock removed a tomb guardian at the start and cowhead later admitted he never recovered mentally from that. I can't say I noticed that during a competitive first half; we turned the ball over and cowhead was forced to wiz to stop us. We still had a shot at a score but my hobbo snaked and we went in 0-0, but importantly cowhead's wiz had gone while I was receiving and still had one. We got a good start to the second half removing several players at which point cowhead backed off and threw in the towel. This led to a weird sense of anti-climax as we stalled out the remaining 4 or 5 turns for the win. Despite the odd finish, Cowhead has done wonders with Khemri and other races in several majors and deserves respect - he has mine.

So on to the final. Who will we face? A nice undead team or a frankly brilliant nurgle team? My boys have bought their Tercera shirts and will be leading the chanting in their end during the semi. And who's to know if a couple of rocks should slip out of our hands...?
 Jump to: