58 coaches online • Server time: 23:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It appears that Gebannus was psychic and Warhammer 9th Edition will be getting their own versions on Space Marines.

Quote:
- New faction... heavily armoured, religious, "good" human warriors fighting with the power of the gods. (Warhammer Space Marines, basically). Karl Franz Ascended seems to be the prototype or precursor for this concept, AFAICT.

Taken from Warseer.

So assuming this new faction does happen (and ignoring the Dungeonbowleque mixing of the armies) what would that new race be like if they came to the Bloodbowl version of the Warhammer world?

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

"let's thrash another game system for the glory of our income"

...and they keep asking you "have you ended playing, by any chance?" if you ask for a table at the GW world and play with your friend with the 4th edition ruleset. <3

Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I know..... it's really depressing how badly they will destroy the warhammer world with these changes. Those new terminator rat ogres are totally stupid as well.... Sad times.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know but I'm guessing they would have pass block Smile
Sorry if this was meant to be taken seriously, I couldn't resist.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't totally buy it. It is hard to believe what a terrible job they've done with 8th edition after 6th/7th was in such a good place. However I think they're clutching at straws now...things can't get any worse.

I can't believe they'll destroy the history though. Just just move it all online, have an automated client and buy armies and new units online.

Maybe the day of figures is done. I was a massive figure man, I have 10,000 figures or more. However I have no interest in most of them anymore. I can create what I want and game how I want on my computer. Ok it's not quite the buzz as moving metal across a board, however I can create so much more on here.

GW have to bite the bullet and move on. They have enough nice figures to sell to the ones that don't wish that.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no deeper knowledge about the Warhammer world, so please forgive me my naivety. Doesn't the description sound a little like the Knights of the White Wolf?

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 00:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I liked 8th edition though I still don't play very often. Played maybe 4 or 5 times this edition.

As for the new stuff, I understand the outrage at destroying history and the bastardization of the game but I think it sounds kinda cool. Not as a replacement for Warhammer mind, but as a game in itself then sure.

I think GW have always done fluff better than they've done rules. Warhammer has always been too D&D (not a bad thing as I love D&D) but 40k, though a worse game in my opinion, had the better fluff cos there were no constraints. The novels are better (before they tried stretching it out too much), the history is better. It's more unique.

What I've read of the recent books with the return of Nagash etc sounds cool. I have little interest in the armies, but the fluff is good. If they're going to try and make Warhammer a unique and fluff game rather than D&D tabletop then why not, could be fun.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
I have no deeper knowledge about the Warhammer world, so please forgive me my naivety. Doesn't the description sound a little like the Knights of the White Wolf?

Knights of the White Wolf were elite humans but not really super-humans.

To me they sound more like Paladins from D&D, so not really going down the unique Warhammer route. But I suspect they will basically be chaos warriors but with blessed abilities rather than mutations.

So maybe 6/4/3/8 and a skill like Regen or thick skull?

I can see why GW are doing this as one of the biggest obstacles to startinh WHFB is needing to buy and paint dozens of very similar looking models, most of which are used as wound markers for units. This way you can mix units from different armies and with the reality bubbles nonsense you can have any army fight each other.

In theory they could make it more balanced with just 6 army books to bring out rather than 14+. But killing off most of the established characters and dropping certain units seems odd.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I am very much in the sceptical "I'll believe it when I see it" camp.The End Times minis and fluff have been fantastic so far so I expect it to continue in that vein. Maybe campaign type boxes similar to what 40k have done, maybe a book dealing with city fighting similar to Mordheim but I think the rumours are just that, rumours. Very Happy
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I got a new team for stunty:

Space Marinelings.

Fluff: Warhammer world actually sits in a different galaxy to warhammer 40k. When a group of space marines entered a vortex that transported them to this galaxy, they found Warhammer world. However, due to the different properties of this new galaxy, the inhabitants of Warhammer world were like superman Giants compared to the Space Marines. Even with their special advanced armor, Space Marines were thus relegated to stunty status.

To be continued...

Oscar Wilde
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing they are suggesting that I can't quite believe, is supplement rules and rules released in WD.

This is the main thing that killed off 3rd ed Warhammer. Rules creepage, and GW vowed not to do it again.

It got to the point where neither side were quite sure what the current rules were; and to play a game you came with a clutter of rule books, an army book, 4 WDs, 3 boxsets with the rules for the unit on the back and your Granny who has a photographic memory and had memorized the rules for the Gyrocopter; which were in a WD that was no longer available and could no longer be got hold of......GHAAAAAH.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I stopped playing WHFB after 6th efition, when each new armybook was better than the previous and plastic minis became too expensive.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the rumours will be 90% true sadly. I like 8 th edition a lot actually. Sure there are some stupid bits to it but the game is pretty well balanced, end time has been excellent apart from the 40k Rat Ogres. To me it sounds like they are turning warhammer closer to war machine and making it all a bit more steam punk (from the look of the rat ogres), races will be more technologically advanced making the fluff and miniatures all a bit closer to 40k. It makes sense marketing wise, and could be great, lots of factions etc... But it is very sad to see warhammer as we know it vanish forever