17 coaches online • Server time: 06:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The only issue I can really see with this is that there is now a clawpomb legend wandering around at TV1200. And that probably isn't an issue either but it could make for some odd games.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
Garion wrote:
Dominik wrote:
Fortis wrote:
Quote:
Also, you do understand the matchmaker was designed specifically [s]so that teams like those had to face someone with a similar number of matches played[/s] to try and stop you picking on noobs in the box, right?

ftfy

For real?

Yes for real.

Boy, did it ever

And he hasn't played since.

Lets be realistic, the rule was invented for the sole purpose to make smallman stop playing.
albinv

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mahaha that topped it.
Sammler_der_Seelen

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh noes!! The min max clawpombers are clawpombed?!! That feels damn right:-) , ok back to buisness.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
koadah wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
Garion wrote:
Dominik wrote:
Fortis wrote:
Quote:
Also, you do understand the matchmaker was designed specifically [s]so that teams like those had to face someone with a similar number of matches played[/s] to try and stop you picking on noobs in the box, right?

ftfy

For real?

Yes for real.

Boy, did it ever

Lets be realistic, the rule was invented for the sole purpose to make smallman stop playing.

Yeah it's pretty much true. Though maybe 3 or 4 teams rather than just smallman. This is why I always said keep the scheduler the same but have someone that manages the division and just deletes (after a warning) these stupid teams that stay at a low tv picking on new teams.

It would have been the best way to go imo.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
koadah wrote:

Yeah it's pretty much true. Though maybe 3 or 4 teams rather than just smallman. This is why I always said keep the scheduler the same but have someone that manages the division and just deletes (after a warning) these stupid teams that stay at a low tv picking on new teams.

It would have been the best way to go imo.

a lot of people were at it. Even dudes some otherwise pretty cool and legendary coaches did it.

Then you still end up meeting teams who are only down there because they were cut down.

And who would do it? I seem to recall you quitting over a team that most did not consider to be min/maxers. Hmm... Harvestmouse maybe? Wink

"He hasn't played since" was referring to the KenThis link.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I know that was Ken this he was talking about. Yes too many were at it. I did quit because of min maxing and its better now but still a seriously flawed scheduler. The old scheduler was perfectly good but people ruined the environment with min maxing. Shadow volunteered to oversee the box exactly as I described. The box with the old scheduler that didn't make silly match ups Like this one. Plus someone stopping min max idiots destroying the site would have worked.

Also the dwarf team I played when I quit the box was after the scheduler change. It was definitely min maxed. It had 1 Blitzer 1 runner then a bunch of killer dwarves playing at a stupidily low tv.

Last edited by Garion on %b %22, %2015 - %11:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Having missed out on years of this sort of debate and at the danger of opening a can of worms...
How does one decide what is minmaxing and what is sensible team management given the inducement rules and scheduling?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Certainly different people have a different idea about what they think min maxing is. Ultimately this is one of the worst aspects of this rule set TV team management has been terrible for this game.

However back on point - if say shadow was in charge (for arguments sake) he would warn you about min maxing first if you continue then team deleted. Then there is no one to blame but the min maxing coach.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 11:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It's almost like the dark musing of 'clawpombers are the biggest pixel huggers' are true.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

team management only occurs when you know your next opponent already in postmatch state.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread needs a "Cry me a river" comment. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
It's almost like the dark musing of 'clawpombers are the biggest pixel huggers' are true.

Wasn't that a given? Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
Having missed out on years of this sort of debate and at the danger of opening a can of worms...
How does one decide what is minmaxing and what is sensible team management given the inducement rules and scheduling?

Different people have different views on min-maxing.

From my view, Min-maxing is retiring healthy players, specifically to drop TV.
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I take your point Roland but when I joined Fumbbl I had no concept of TV as whichever rule set I learned on didn't have this. I simply tried to build the strongest team I could. Not the strongest team for a certain TV. This (along with some terrible coaching) led to some bad results.

Almost every one of us seems to be engaged in minmaxing to some extent (turning down +AV, not selecting certain positionals, going without an apothecary, having 11 players).

I am sympathetic to the view as, rather like 'art', minmaxing seems to be hard to define but you know it when you see it. At the same time, someone could look at a lot of my teams and tell me I was minmaxing and by some criteria I would have no defence.

And +1 to PurpleChest's comment Smile Whether it is true or not, it amuses.
 Jump to: