17 coaches online • Server time: 02:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all. While waiting for a formal ruling from the Powers-That-Be regarding the status of previous perms for players killed during the Nightmare, I thought I’d share my thoughts on which players I’m leaning towards adding to the Fling Leechers. I’ve listed them in the order of their TV hit to my already bloated (1880 TV) team. Obviously, any non-thrall player I add would reduce the maximum number of Thralls to 10, as I’ve already got five non-thralls on my roster. I tend to try and limit myself to four Bloodlust players whenever possible, as I find a 4-7 BL/ Thrall ratio reasonable, whereas 5-6 is seriously tempting a Nuffle bend-over.

Bismarck: 160 TV. An Emerging Star Flamer, Bismarck is a 6347, Dodge, Side Step non-stunty regen bomber with no secret weapon roll. Not only does he have the least TV hit of any of the players I’m considering, his bombs offer a completely new tactic for a team that’s, ahem, quite successful regardless. Not only does he have absolutely no down-side, he’s got room to grow. And on my team, he gains the benefit of a possible apo.

Andrea Doria: 185 TV. A Super Star Greater Horror, Andrea Doria is a 5236 Block, Tackle, MB, Claw, Horns bonafide stunty-killer. Not only an accomplished killer (and you can never have too many of those), AD also provides another TTM player. This would free up Lord Munchem’all to move or blitz while still giving me someone to toss one of my killer Crypt Ghouls into the opposing backfield (none of whom have +AG, so a spotty tactic). Unfortunately he’s carrying a –AV perm, which completely negates him from contention if perms are carried over.

Dr. Megashlac: 240 TV. A Legend Strigoyan Lord, the evil Doctor is an absolute killing machine (140 cas!! O_O). 6528 Block, Tackle, Dodge, MB, PO, Jump Up. His early death in the Nightmare is what prompted me to play my Strigs exclusively, with the idea of adding him to the team. The big downside to him (other than TV bloat) is yet another Bloodlust player on the roster. That means sitting one of my other Ghouls. It also means retaining a Legend Lord even if one of them dies. Dr. Megashlac seemed a no-brainer early on, but now I’m not so sure.

Bebop III: 270 TV(!) A Legend Chaos Spawn, Bebop is a 5518 Block, Guard, SF, Tentacles, Claw, Break Tackle killer (113 cas). He offers three skills I currently lack in Guard, Tents and Stand Firm. His –AG perm (three actually hahaha) is not a concern. But wow, that’s a lot of TV. Adding another killer/ defensive player of his caliber would certainly provide additional offensive and defensive options. But his Wild Animal is a problem on a team that competes for which player to blitz with.

So, sans a ruling regarding previous perms that's what I'm thinking. What say you?

(Usually I'd put this as a poll, but I'd like to hear everyone's reasoning for a particular player).

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The bomber sounds like the best deal, with Bebop coming in second. I roll terrible, so if I picked Andrea I'd almost just use her as bait (people chase her down, more dice to roll = more chances for Nuffle to laugh at them). Bloodlust is too much of a risk, when the dice go bad they go -bad-... so I'd not even consider Dr. Mega.

I'd go for the bomber to grow him or Bebop for the power, and go "if you feel relatively safe, blitz with Bebop. If not, someone reliable."

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If only you had killer Hercules, the choice would be easy. But for your team I'd go with the flamer, ag4 is great for putting in some nice accurate bombs on piling on guys (as you found out in our semifinal game heheh) and 3+ safe throw is pretty safe bet too.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't say "room to grow" for a player who can't carry the ball and usually won't block. There's a reason Bismarck took 54 games to get to 33 SPP. Take him if you want what he is now, there's a lot to recommend him, but don't expect him to become more.

Andrea's a killer, but not an unusual killer. You said it yourself, throwing ghouls isn't more than a desperate move, so you're hiring him as a blitzer. He's okay as one, but nothing special, and killer blitzers is not a thing you're missing.

Dr. Meg... yeah, 6 bloodlusters is not fun. Also, if you take him and your current Lord dies, you won't be able to replace him, because you'll already have your one Lord.

Which brings me to Bebop, my first choice among these four. (I agree it's between him and Bismarck.) He's between 110 and 30 more than the other options, but he's by far the best of them, and I wouldn't worry too much about getting games. It's stunty... high-TV teams play high-TV teams. I wouldn't worry too much about wild animal either, because the tents will keep his prey from getting too far off.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2015 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Necro prizes have been awarded.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2015 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

WOOT!

Now I just need to see if I can actually get a game with the Leechers.