27 coaches online • Server time: 01:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 22 was a great success thanks to the FUMBBL fundraising too. I expect we keep up with the momentum and early days seem to confirm that.
The Premiership is featuring some interesting comeback like the Bayernoff Bengals, former HLC dominant force and house of the greatest human hero in the Box (Schmerz who?), and the Hacienda Heights Drifters, probably the most impressive offensive force in HL history. And in the Conference, we salute the Knights of the Box Republic, a tribute to the Slobber-knockers all around the Box! Smile
Keep it up guys!

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitzkrieg Brigade's quest to make their coach a Slobberknocker will start in the Crown of Sand.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah, I'm an ogre!

Crown of Sand, my favourite major because of the human qualifier. I was hoping to have decent internet access in time for this but it's looking grim. The SoB might not be able to represent, following on from last year's administration error that saw them miss the tournament then as well.

Nuts.

Join the Human League Premiership!
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

HolA human warriors. I solicit some human advice in this, the purest of human threads.

My Ranked Blue Tits won their qualifier and are into the Warpstone Open. My QB has just made legend and my skill roll is normal. I'm on the fence about what to take. I would default to FEND for lack of anything better. Ideas? Fend *might* help against all the POMBERS in the Warpstone, I'll list the participants below.

3 nurgle teams
2 lizard teams
2 necro teams
1 amazon
1 dwarf
1 chaos dwarf
1 khemri
1 elf or dark elf (one qualifier game left)
3 random draw winners
myself with the humies.

TV's range from 1950 to 2210. I'm gonna be lowest with 1670 after skills. Thats a wizard, one babe, and a merc to make 12 players if I face a 1950 TV opponent.

For my lino skill-up I'm thinking dirty player to have the option to foul a high TV player.

I'll switch the merc to a bribe if my oponnent is 1970 tv or higher, hoping for some Painstate syle blood via the lucky boot.

Any feedback or ideas on the skill ups is welcome.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well .. you only need to worry about the pombers if the bc gets hit, that shouldn't be the case .. or not often. As you well know I don't endorse the passing game and the amount of nurg makes it even less viable, but you have taken accurate on him so maybe another passing skill might do the trick (Safe Throw for that desperation pass over the opposition) or if you want to milk the inducements till the last give him leader and shave a rr.

You are short on players which hurts fouling play-style .. but I do agree that dp is the best choice for that lino going into the tournament.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

But this is iron man football, and with 11 or 12 guys he's a defender just as much as a ball carrier. With fend, the opposition POMBER is likey to pick an easier target perhaps? Anything to keep my ball carrier a little more safe while defending.

The leader idea is a good one. That's 30 TV to turn an excess 20-40 TV into a babe. I'll need to know my opponent's TV before making that call. Thanks for that.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, you do have the option of playing up to 3 games before the draw. Though whether there's much to gain from that...

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend on the the thrower seems fair. You might consider Leader on him and dropping a RR to maximize your inducement options (might give you that extra babe).

The other option might be strip ball or wrestle on him, since he's likely to be be the one hanging back as sweeper anyway. That usually isn't the best synergy with a thrower, but since he's got kick already, you're going to be putting him out in that sweeper role on defense so adding another skill to make him better at that role (strip or wrestle combined with tackle) seems like a fair idea. Or even a skill like dauntless perhaps.

Or stick with fend. Very Happy

Good luck!

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Forget what I said about knowing my oppenent. I need to make ready before entering the final tournament.

In defense of Leader.. Being a weaker team, and not many elves to bash, there is a high chance of any wins I get coming in overtime. I could take leader and keep the four re-rolls, trying to have one left if it goes into extra innings. I'll be needing to play fast on offense and, gambling on 3+ dodges often to cover my ball carrier. Re-rolls are going to be chewed up.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, that's not a bad plan either. Or keep the RR unless dropping one gets you a nice inducement prize at some later date. Having extra RR for dodges and GFI might be what's needed as such an underdog against some of those teams.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I've only just noticed it's Crown of Sand time.

Who is in for a Human qualifier?

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I've only just noticed it's Crown of Sand time.

Who is in for a Human qualifier?

good time to check back in on fumbbl.
one of my human teams will represent. bring on the human qualifier!

edit: followers are in - who wants to kill a legend?
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2015 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Scores update

It was expected since we are one of the most popular races, but I'm proud to announce that we got a human qualifier in the CoS! There are a lot of frequent contenders in the HLP, but also some unexpected ones.
Who will prevail in the end?

First three Premiership positions:
1. Hacienda Heights Drifters - 25 points (4/3/3)
2. Bayernhoff Bengals - 19 points (3/3/1)
3. Average Mediocrity - 16 points (3/1/2)

First three Conference positions:
1. Knights of the Box Republic - 37 points (6/3/7)
2. Hacienda Heights Drifters - 29 points (6/1/3)
3. Bayernhoff Bengals - 27 points (4/5/1)

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2015 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

After recovering from a brutal mirror against xnoelx's Äkta Människor, the Becks find themselves getting totally pummeled by some undead... but this time the outcome was different. And hilariously so! The first half really showed the power of the human lineman. Wink

EDIT: Sadly, we did have to leave some friends behind to ensure victory.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2015 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

He's not changed much in looks, after he changed teams! Good for him, most zombies look much less handsome!

On another note, one of my linemen (on AM) suffered a -m his last game, bringing me to ask the more experienced coaches here, should I keep the (by now) three -m linemen? So far they've done me pretty good by allowing me to stand toe to toe with the higher s teams (outblocking chaos/orcs on the regular!)

It might be a matter of taste, but would you 1. keep my (in the words of strider) perfect counter to an ogre team, or 2. do I fire all three of them and start afresh?

Teamlink: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=782294
 Jump to: