22 coaches online • Server time: 04:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say that the Box is broke big time during the North American prime time hours.

Why?

Due to the change in the scheduler of teams that have played 30+ matches, they get fed to the wolves, we now have a situation of some serious TV spread when it comes to those teams.

Hey, Iam not shy of playing up 500TV one time but now it has dawned on me that if I activate at 9-10 PM Central US time...I will most likely have to play up 300-700 TV every time against CPOMB Nurgle or Chaos.

Iam out.

Why should you care?

Because the rebalancing of the Box works, in essence for the Europe coaches and totally screws the other coaches outside Europe prime time.

It is a fairness issue.

Iam under the assumption you want fair. right?

even in the box?

Crap, that is right, everybody wants fair as long as it does not apply to them.

Shocked Surprised Very Happy

Last edited by PainState on %b %24, %2015 - %23:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
licker

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not the scheduler which is to blame, it's the low number of NA coaches who play in the box.

With more activations these problems would be less apparent, but yes, you're generally right that Box is completely pointless for NA coaches. Not that it was any better before mind you, the number of activations was never very high to begin with. Certainly compared to european evening/nights.

But no, I don't think anyone cares. I certainly don't Smile
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 22:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Please move this to the Clawpomb discussion and complaints thread as it is best to keep related whining in one thread!

Well, unless this can be turned into NA recruitment thread.

Last edited by Lorebass on %b %24, %2015 - %22:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't think that there were any Box games in North America. If you are getting unfair games that sounds like an improvement. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I didn't think that there were any Box games in North America. If you are getting unfair games that sounds like an improvement. Wink

ROFL!!!! That is so true.

A match, even unfair is far better than nothing.

Very Happy Surprised

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think this is really a cpomb issue though. Fundamentally cpomb and box match making are tied together, but really this is a problem with the lack of NA coaches who play evenings in general. It's not just Box which is impacted. R is low as well. L does what it does, but it's not really germane to the discussion here.

The decline has been ongoining since I've been here. Of course I'm part of the 'problem' since I can't be bothered to play R or B anymore either, but not so much because of what the matchups are, more because I simply don't get any entertainment out of playing one off matches.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
Please move this to the Clawpomb discussion and complaints thread as it is best to keep related whining in one thread!

Well, unless this can be turned into NA recruitment thread.

This is a specific North America/Box/Scheduler complaint.

Not just bog standard CPOMB whining. Though there may be a bit of that. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It really is a NA thread... hopefully recruitment, but seemingly people do stuff with their evening here, which is just as lame as CPOMB. Once Europe says good night, there really isnt much to do box wise on this side of the pond, save enter as the 3rd coach and wait for disappointment Smile
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Not from NA but am 100% with you on this, Painstate.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

We need to recruit. I am sorry, but being in NA does restrict your access to good match-ups. Go on gamefinder or play in the box and it is usually the same handful of dodgy coaches.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If the site is suffering from attrition we either need to do some serious recruiting, change the rules, merge the box and ranked or come up with something mutually agreeable to most. Everyone will never be happy but we can improve things.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Recruitment? Whom are we recruiting?

I think the facts are simply that blood bowl is not as popular in the americas as it is in europe.

I'm all for finding more people to play the game though, I'm just not sure where one would go looking for them.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The site isn't suffering from attrition though. Box is getting about twice as many games now as it was last year. If this is a problem (and that's a big if, I play at NA times too and I have no problem with TV gap games), it's purely an NA one, and does not warrant a change to the rules, the site, or the divisions. Y'all just need to mosey on and git to recruiting, pardners!

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

We need more coaches activating more teams. More chatter. More cool cats. More jokes, more fun. More naked women.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2015 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
More jokes, more fun. More naked women.
+1
 Jump to: