52 coaches online • Server time: 13:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I boosted my dwarves to 16 men and 2000 TV so I could pick apart stboub's nurgle teams game by game, bit by bit until it is no longer the threat he is currently. Embrace the metagame guys, be the one who puts those nurgle pieces of garbage down in the lowly dump they belong in. Wink
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Merge box and ranked. Make scheduler optional. Rejoice in suddenly far larger numbers of coaches activating more teams.

Oscar Wilde
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Merge box and ranked. Make scheduler optional. Rejoice in suddenly far larger numbers of coaches activating more teams.

I am willing to bet that most ranked coaches still wouldnt activate, because of perception of who box players are and the teams they bring. Nerdbird is like an example of a marginally interested Box player because Ranked doesn't give him enough activity. I would love to play against ranked teams with my Box teams if only because the variety of team build would be different and interesting.

Also, there are some awesomely legendary teams I would love to face with some of my teams. If there were a challenge system across both divisions for milestone games, that might be nice.

But ultimately ranked coaches don't want our love, most of them would rather sit than play a game they don't think they'll enjoy for whatever reason.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

But as we have now found out that once your team reaches the 20+ and 30+ match levels you are hanging by a finger on the edge of the pit.

We knew that right from the start. That is why the second part of the fix (that was never implemented) was to nerf... um... you know.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I would probably play box more if it used the OLC house rules!
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Grod wrote:

I am willing to bet that most ranked coaches still wouldnt activate, because of perception of who box players are and the teams they bring. Nerdbird is like an example of a marginally interested Box player because Ranked doesn't give him enough activity. I would love to play against ranked teams with my Box teams if only because the variety of team build would be different and interesting.

Also, there are some awesomely legendary teams I would love to face with some of my teams. If there were a challenge system across both divisions for milestone games, that might be nice.

But ultimately ranked coaches don't want our love, most of them would rather sit than play a game they don't think they'll enjoy for whatever reason.

It is not so much that ranked coaches would activate. It is more about more Box coaches activating. i.e. Currently it is not worth running a Box team as it is just heading for a dead end. Box is OK for (at least for European) young teams. But there is no incentive to create a new team if it has not future.
With merged divisions you take your team out of the Box for recovery games and put it back if you wanted to.

You would have access to the Ranked tournament scene. Get to play some of the legendary teams/coaches that don't play Box.

The whole thing would be a little less fractured.

You could bring back the "Transfer to League" button too. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, xfl would be reason enough.
licker

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

More than merging or changing rule sets there needs to be a point to playing either R or B which is more than just 'getting a game in'.

Majors (and other tournaments) are fine, but not everyone cares or plays in them, and certainly not with every team they may want to run.

I don't know what that point would be though, which is why I'm still out on both. Try to divorce yourself from your own preference for R or B or sprints or anything else.

What change would make R and or B more appealing in general?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, making the sprints more of an official thing? (like a monthly ladder on the site?)

or maybe ... oh., i don't know

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

*cough*soundslikefaction*cough*

Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2015 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer is planning something for Box.

It is not easy creating something that is not rendered meaningless by exploits.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm back after a 2 year hiatus, so I will activate crappy teams like Humans and Goblins in the Box!

Hooray, we're saved!

I also have a POMB team, but so what! Laughing

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll, Stonetroll and now Stinkytroll?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You missed one.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

No Games No Existence
 Jump to: