57 coaches online • Server time: 18:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I get it now, thanks.

(And yeah, I've noticed a bunch of bugs with pflings as well, like HMP bombs intercepted, or tents cancelling a handover.)

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2015 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins.

I know you can.

Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh. I've tried gobos (and I actually tied against simyins - don't ask Very Happy) but how do you handle the SW? With regular flings, I'm comfortable with 14 players (or even 13 sometimes but it's less forgiving). With regular gobos, I take only 2 SW, and 15 players to replace them. But with Cheaters... you're out of players in no time if you take all (or most?) weapons, and if you don't, why pick this roster? I really have to watch some cheaters games to see how good coaches deal with that.

Otherwise, I guess pygmies was the right choice, thanks again for the suggestion. Wink

I'm not doing too bad so far, and I've had some great rolls. The team is building nicely, even though the dodgeless positionals will probably be a pita to replace at higher TV.

I still have to get used to the mass shadowing - I'm sure I could make a better use of it (but heck, I'm a rookie after all Very Happy) - besides that, I'm really getting the hang of it.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2015 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still doing ok with the team... However, I struggle with the inducements. So far I've skipped the wizard and co to try out the stars and I'm not convinced. Having 15 or 16 players is always good, but that's pretty much it. Leeloo is cheap and Frenzy can be interesting, but MA4 often leaves him out of position. And when you start marking something with him, with AG2, you generally end up marking him for the rest of the drive. The hypnotoad is absolutely worthless (or I don't know how to play him): you can't rely on hypnogaze for an offensive move, and when it's to dodge away, Stunties don't mind tackle zones.

The other stars look a bit better on the paper, but they're also much more expensive. Any advice? Do you generally take stars or do you stick on the good old babes / bribes / wizard?

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2015 - 13:39
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If your goal is to win games and not just mush stunties then Shadow is a great pick. Great marker and hard to shake, great sacker. I found Logan a bit weak on Cflings but may be better for Pygmies as he's your only WA.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2015 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yeah, I forgot about Logan. He's pretty good, indeed.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2015 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Babes are a bit boring in the Leeg, I would rather a card, and in general would probably only take bribes if I had a dp or powerful SW. The dirty tricks deck has some good cards for Stunty (blantant foul is awesome), so those can be great.

The Pygmy range of stars are quite good. Out of all of them Shadow is by far the best if you are playing any team that doesn't have claw: fast, tough, annoying, marker/stripper that has regen. Shame he is bugged at the moment but I would pick him over a wizard if I was low on players, depending on the team (I might take a wiz vs slow bombers for example).

At low cost Leeloo is good fodder if you just have a bit of spare cash and better than a babe or merc, and his dp is useful in the 2nd half. Windwalker good in low TV tournaments with his surehands but he will take spp when he ball handles so I preferred not to take him. Karaza is a poor man's shadow but ok.

At the higher end Gong is ok but erratic (I would rather a card + shadow) and the block giant is very good if you have a massive TV difference.

Have fun shopping!

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2015 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
First game with Pygmies and... so far so good. The shadowing spam is really interesting and has a lot of potential with DT.

I've also skilled a Krox and he rolled... 11. No comment

The bloody Krox has just rolled another 11. Of course, I've skipped the first one. Screw you, Nuffle. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2015 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro Flings FTW!

Jump to: