11 coaches online • Server time: 06:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2015 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Post your Open [L]eague match reports, bragging and trash talking here.

Open games, tournament & league games let's hear about them all.

Talk up your team. Do they deserve a title shot?
Trash the opposition. Unimaginative luckers?

If you are not in an event get on the gamefinder and build your team's reputation.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2015 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I won both my (OLC Cup) games due to unimaginative lucking.

I'll be cheering for Kitchen Help

and Stirland Scrumpers
ix77

Post 14 Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

This was pretty much a bad day for the MMD franchise as the team that was underdog stat wise, somehow came out victorious The aim for the first half was to run the clock out BH however dropped the ball on the end of the first half leaving there coach shaking in his boots, with nothing to show for a great half they played... But since they had such good hitting opportunities in the first half, it was hard for MMD to fight back... Some of their big guns were down in the first half adding insult to injury was the fact that Nuffle seemed to be favoring the BH team on rolls. They were able to intercept the ball being passed in the second half and brutally marched down the field to their Victory it should be noted that magic and tricks a plenty were Brought ahead of time and a star player was hired by the BH to sort of even out the strength they were up against... Smart move! Hats off to both coaches who displayed great sportsmanship in chat... Smile Very Happy
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work Ix77!

The first round is pretty much done.

The biggest shock so far looks like Ix77's Blissfull Havock overcoming a 580 TV difference to see off Big_tschad's Make my Day. It may have been a little easier for them if not for a "Seattle pass" at the end of the first half.

Plenty of O[L]C stalwarts are still in so it's heating up.

If you didn't make it through check out the Hexoatl Open and upcoming O[L]C events.

Good luck

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2015 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This is my very first League experience, so I decided to go the extra mile and try and writeup all my matches. So far I've had three matches, and wrote up the first two. Go ahead and have a look at them in my blog.

I'll be writing up the third match in a bit, and it was a total bloodbath resulting in my team being decimated.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

NEW O[L]C Heavyweight Champions - Too Drunk Too Block!

WMD's in OLC
(Champion)
BillBrasky

0 - 1

Too Drunk To Block
(Challenger)
Koadah

We now need more Heavyweight Title challengers!
It's your last chance to win a crack at the title before the Open [L]eague Cup!
We need at least two more teams by Thursday midnight.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the Crankheads are on an extended bender... er recovery... we're trying some lizards in the heavyweight challenge - Alphabetical Robinson are coming to take skulls and recite their ABCs! That is, if they can get past "blood" Very Happy
luxyluxo

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Naggarond Nutters are in Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's have one or two more!!!

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll submit some cannonfodder if it makes for a bigger battle:

Fat elfs will fall
koadah

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

There is still room for some more!!!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2015 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

We have NEW O[L]C Heavyweight Champions

Too Drunk To Block
(Champion)
Koadah

0 - 1

UnstopaBulls
(Challenger)
Cdassak

Cdassak's UnstopaBulls now hold both the Heavyweight Championship AND the Open [L]eague Cup!

If you want to take one of those away from him...

Open [L]eague Cup V kicks off Thursday 28th May.

House Rules
1. Fouling +1 to armour roll.
2. Claw does not stack with other skills that modify armour rolls.
3. Piling On allows coach to reroll injury only.
4. Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked.
5. Sneaky Git functions like Guard on foul assists.
6. Banned sneaky git players are sent to the KO box instead.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2015 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

O[L]C - Free For All

Under Empire Ratlords - Chaos Dwarves from Hell: 1-2

First game of the Chaos Dwarves from Hell in the OLC. We encountered skaven and were worried about the pooring rain that would continue to fall down for the entire match. Although I have to say not a single pick-up was failed, perhaps also due Banetr Fouldoom's excellent agility.

The opposing rats proved to be tougher than they would seem. Taking them down took some work, their armor was generally enough to take some hits. And they hit back too, as illustrated by Valgrim's Macral Broken Neck! If it wasn't for the apothecary, who did what he could to keep the short guy alive...

The first half went quite well, considering the early casualty taken and thus one less dorf available for the rest of the game (and the next one too). The rats tried to punch a whole in our defences and got some semi-opportunities too, but in the end the cage and the screen held. Until the very last turn, when the stripper horned rat got the ball loose, which fell in the hands of the rat giving the assist for the blitz. Things looked bad with only one turn to go, but a bull 3d hit the ballcarrier (in two times) and the ball fell within reach. Leaving a tricky pick-up in the rain (no surehands and no reroll) but it went well and the 1-0 lead was in. A perfect defense then reduced chances for a one-turner to almost zero.

The second half was different, with a still near-full rat squad on the offense. Stopping Skaven with 4 developed Gutter Runners is not a walk in the part, and the logical touchdown followed a few turns later, evening the score, and leaving 5 turns to determine a winner!

Everything was still possible, a quick steal would almost guarantee the rat's victory, but 5 turns was also enough to walk the ball to the other side. Banetr Fouldoom (ST4 AG4 hobgoblins rock, as testified by his brother). He picked up the ball and wouldn't let it go anymore, despite some reckless rat's attempts, until turn 8 to secure the 2-1 victory!

Last edited by Bram on %b %04, %2015 - %18:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Bram

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2015 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the score was 1-2 actually...
 Jump to: