51 coaches online • Server time: 18:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stainless

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if this is under the wrong topic. If so, please let me know where is should be.

So, I have a pretty nagging question that I can't, for the life of me, find the answer to.

All I want to do is play a game with a friend. We can find eachother in the Ranked gamefinder, but only ever play one game (since Ranked requires a coach play against new players each game). We can't find eachother under the League gamefinder. We'll see the same people, but never eachother.

I've attempted to dechiper the nonsensical League/Tournament functions, but I cannot manage to initiate a game. Even after plugging in dummy teams, and other crazy things I've found in the forums.

Am I missing a crucial thing? Is there some particular tournament setup that allows two people to just play together? Is this just impossible to play the game with a friend?

I know I sound pretty peeved, and I am, but I'm only so heated because I've enjoyed what I've managed to play, and I want to enjoy that further with some buddies. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

is your friend this guy?

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I skimmed through that stuff when I was looking for an answer, and we had tried the "Play" thing, but I missed the detail about naming the games. We had tried this, but instead of the correct way, we kept clicking the 'list available games' to no avail.

A deep breath and some reading answered my question. Thanks a million.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Select thestainlesssteelrat as a game name, for both, and you will do fine. This is assuming they did not do something very strange with the new release of the game client.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stainless_Steel_Rat
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

"We must be as stealthy as rats in the wainscoting of their society. It was easier in the old days, of course, and society had more rats when the rules were looser, just as old wooden buildings have more rats than concrete buildings. But there are rats in the building now as well. Now that society is all ferrocrete and stainless steel there are fewer gaps in the joints. It takes a very smart rat indeed to find these openings. Only a stainless steel rat can be at home in this environment."

Off topic, I know, but this sounds like a very interesting character C312. I take it you've read this series? If so you thoughts?

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2015 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have read them,And i think its Not a Bad Series.i would say its the Science Fiction style of the early 90 .no Big Fights like many of the currently Writen Books.interessting Chars, And Harry Harrison Stands for me in a line with niven or stackpole.though i read the german Translationen,the original should be Not Worse:-)
 Jump to: