40 coaches online • Server time: 11:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join ze leeg in ze leeg?
Count me in!
91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
Nope, I like Gamefinder's spin button better
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't play in the Leeg, you pixie hugger!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bloody Chaos Flings! Bring back that PIE!
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been wondering... Creating a league and arranging matches is prohibited in Ranked and impossible in the Box, but it could be done in the Leeg, couldn't it?

As you know, it's sometimes hard to find a game on Gamefinder, especially if you wanna play a specific team of yours, especially at odd hours... and you end up playing the same 4 or 5 coaches every time.

What if we had league to make it easier (we can discuss the format later), to arrange games, keep track of the records, and even, eventually, organize secondary tournaments? Would you join, or is it a dumb idea?

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

D'oh! I should have spent more time looking...

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24629

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
D'oh! I should have spent more time looking...

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24629

yes, but still... no good answers why not.
Because there are stunty leeg tournaments?

I know why [S] can't just "move" to L, that's because of the SW rolls, but I think it should be possible to host leagues [S]. I mean it's not ranked anyway and commissioners will keep track of teams if it is a closed league.
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I really think that would encourage the diversity in the Leeg too, instead of having always the same guys on GF, based on when you generally play (they're cool, but still...).

So indeed, what about a closed league? The members would start with a fresh team and wouldn't be allowed to play games outside the league (except official tournaments if, and only if, the people in charge estimate they wouldn't have an advantage over the other teams - but even that is secondary, cross it off if you want)...

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 14:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think while technically against site rules, in practice if you got enough teams together as you weren't playing the same opponent too often then there are few enough regular Stunty coaches that you could run a League with every player there is in there!

I'm thinking something like this: Metagroup where teams must play against other races once each, then accept one coach for each Stunty race, then aggregate the scores as the games get played. It's not strictly a League with a schedule and deadlines, just a variety of Stunty coaches making themselves available for games against each other. Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are the Leeg's rules by the way? I've been looking for them, but there's nothing on the rules per division page. Sad

Like... does the 1/10 game rule applies? I've been trying not to play the same opponent too often, but it's almost impossible if you play late at night. That's one of the reasons I think having a structure to arrange games in advance would actually make the coaches play a larger variety of opponents.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If we had at least 10 coaches then the 1 in 10 rule wouldn't apply right? Not that this rule is enforced anyway for the Leeg. I think it would be much easier to pick your way to an amazing team than play in a Leeg League with top/keen/experienced stunty coaches.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been suggested before, and has been put down by the stunty admin team, so don't get your hopes up.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

but what about the Leegal issues?

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty Leeg option to play as League will be an increible boost of life/new coaches.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

+1
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Another reason to do it... I would take care of the bbcode. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Another reason to do it... I would take care of the bbcode. Very Happy

Nice! Very Happy

Anyway, I just think if someone creates THE stunty leeg league, it wont be hard to find lots of coaches to join.
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, i think it's possible without using the tournament part of a group.

Just create a closed "meta group".
Make the league scheduling manually (pen +paper and dice)
When the season is finished, use shraaaags league scrips for all the matches.
Done!

Or no?
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

*If* it uses the same rules as [R], then any game arranging is prohibited. Metagroups like E.L.F or (shameless advertising) Delirium Treemens are allowed in [R] simply because you keep playing regular games - they just keep track of your records (and encourage you to play a certain way, like passing or scoring with your Trees).

But again, it looks like many coaches think such a league would boost the number of games played, which is what everybody wants, isn't it? So let's hope it's gonna be possible. The exact format of such a league is secondary - we can discuss about it once or if the idea is approved. Very Happy

Jump to: