29 coaches online • Server time: 01:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Why can't we?

Explain/discuss....
tmoila

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hurt feelings in the internet.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Why can't we?

Explain/discuss....

Not sure this is one that really needs discussing. If you feel someone is breaking rules you can report them. Admins decide if they are, and respond as necessary. What other purpose would naming/shaming serve?

edit: Besides, my heart doesn't want to get brokicated.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc

Last edited by akaRenton on %b %27, %2015 - %22:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I name pythrr and his shame at ....well.....just being himself!!!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Not on about breaking rules, but if I feel that someone is an arse why can I not express my feelings?

Let the reader decide if I am right or not.

I am almost as right as Jimmy Fantastic by the way
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It's just easier to make that the default rule rather than dealing with butthurts that arise after playing lizvis.

hmm...

Did I?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Naming and shaming is probably not good. But I think it is even worse to say "You know who did you know what, and that sucks".
If somebody has a problem, then it is probably better to say upfront, than hinting at it. It is not possible to come up and deny a hint. It is possible to deny a direct accusation as the latter is precise, and detailed.

With that said I understand you can really rule out the latter method, so I don't expect site rule changes. Just saying this rule is not perfect either.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Not on about breaking rules, but if I feel that someone is an arse why can I not express my feelings?

Naming & shaming is against the rules.

If the person is someone that you just played then post a whining thread immediately and we can work it out from your matches list. Twisted Evil

If it is from a match that you were speccing you'll need to be a bit more careful. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

named stboub as a menace to other Box players based on the high TV Nurgle he plays. its not malicious statement and i actually have grown fond of the challenge now. but i find it hard to articulate without providing examples
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

but why is it not allowed? Because someone you have never met in a country you have never been to doesn't like the way you play a fantasy board game? Boo hoo. Grow a pair.

So why should it be allowed? It may curb some of the excessive things that some coaches do and give more information to new coaches as to what to expect from certain coaches vis a vis tactics/ dialogue/ roleplay etc
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
It's just easier to make that the default rule rather than dealing with butthurts that arise after playing lizvis.

hmm...

Did I?

You're supposed to say "you know who".

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:

So why should it be allowed? It may curb some of the excessive things that some coaches do and give more information to new coaches as to what to expect from certain coaches vis a vis tactics/ dialogue/ roleplay etc

The guy hasn't been seen or heard of for ages now. What are you complaining about?

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
but why is it not allowed? Because someone you have never met in a country you have never been to doesn't like the way you play a fantasy board game? Boo hoo. Grow a pair.

Because a lot of people wouldnt be able to turn off the faucet once they turned it on. Also, letting everyone express themselves freely about their opinions of other people doesn't actually help anything, as cathartic as it may be. What it does is give people the green light to shoot their yaps off in anti-social and non constructive ways.

In fact, if you have an issue with someone and want them to know, use PMs and maybe you can get through to them, maybe you can't. Trying to rope in the rest of the community to validate your opinions on how awful an opponent is/was is weak.

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %27, %2015 - %22:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's just for your own record, you can create an "arseholes" subgroup in your "friends" list.

I wanted to make some sort of badge system for my Flings' match reports with a smiley representing the rating and a single comment like "Approved by <insert a fantasy fanzine name here>", "Not approved", "Game of the year", etc, but I yet have to draw all the pictures. Smile

Would that fall into the "shaming" category or not?

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2015 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
If it's just for your own record, you can create an "arseholes" subgroup in your "friends" list.

I wanted to make some sort of badge system for my Flings' match reports with a smiley representing the rating and a single comment like "Approved by <insert a fantasy fanzine name here>", "Not approved", "Game of the year", etc, but I yet have to draw all the pictures. Smile

Would that fall into the "shaming" category or not?

I have a note with coaches who I must remember to depitch and/or foul into oblivion although I've never made good on it because they either went away or I've cared too much about winning for that specific game to make good on it. Also, I have to click like 3 different things to find the note and I'm too lazy at home for that.
 Jump to: