22 coaches online • Server time: 05:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I use BT on a re-rolled dodge? I don't see anything in the rules to imply I couldn't.

I had a situation arise where I failed my initial dodge with a low enough roll that BT wouldnt matter and thus was not used. When the team RR window popped up it displayed the roll required without the use of BT. I assumed this was a display issue and used the RR. Unsurprisingly I rolled a one so it didn't matter. If I haf rolled higher what would have happened? Would BT have been used automatically?
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In the situation you described you can use it.

However, I dont believe you can use a rr in the client if you intend more than one dodge in the move and the first dodge was successful only with BT. ie, a str 5/6 Ogre where you need a 4+ naturally and 2+ with BT and then you roll a 3.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Because you're automatically successfull. That goes for some other skills, like not using dodge midfield, or in one of my cases I did a CAS on the block, so I were not allowed to do piling on (my player was agility 1 Av10 and remained standing next to a claw, frenzy Snowtroll... something that was really really bad for him a few seconds later in my opponents turn.
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely yes
If your initial dodge is a fail both with your BT and with your normal AG, the BT isn't used and your next dodge roll will be with your BT skill
You cannot "choose" to use or not use BT when you dodge away. If it works, you use it, otherwise you don't use it and you can use it in the reroll dice
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Should the client be changed to make it clearer?
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Should the client be changed to make it clearer?

Oh well... it should, but it already give us much much more than normal table top game!
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
Because you're automatically successfull. That goes for some other skills, like not using dodge midfield, or in one of my cases I did a CAS on the block, so I were not allowed to do piling on (my player was agility 1 Av10 and remained standing next to a claw, frenzy Snowtroll... something that was really really bad for him a few seconds later in my opponents turn.

The situation is different. For instance:

A ST6 AG2 Big Guy with Break Tackle is in a Tackle Zone. The BC is in Blitzing range in a standard X cage.

In that scenario, if you really want to blitz the BC, and if you fail the first roll (before BT), your best bet would be NOT to use BT but a reroll (or Dodge) instead. That would be a 4+ dodge, followed by a 3+ dodge into the cage, as opposed to a 2+ roll if you use BT, followed by a 6+ dodge in the cage without BT.

Assuming you have Dodge + a rr:

Option A (you save BT for the second dodge): 66% chances to make it
Option B (you use BT on the 1st dodge): 29% chances to make it.

The fact the client uses BT without asking has screwed me several times, but I guess it isn't a big issue for most people - who else has an AG2 BT/Dodge Tree on FUMBBL? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Even a 5+ with RR is worth it sometimes.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Tell that to my dead Sauri.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:

The fact the client uses BT without asking has screwed me several times, but I guess it isn't a big issue for most people - who else has an AG2 BT/Dodge Tree on FUMBBL? Very Happy

Just so. As I was on the testing team I saw the debate -and pushed for a popup myself. But the choice was made to make the client simpler. Reducing popups when they are *almost never* needed was deemed worth it to make a better game for most players. That a few of us would like the option to use bt occasionally would mean a LOT more popups for everyone else in the game, and that slows things down. I think it was the right call, even though I would prefer it the other way. More important IMO is dt, I have many times wished I could use dt even on a failed roll to move out of contact, but the same logic applies - and it's probably the right call to avoid the popup there too. It's only a few grumpy folks like myself who even notice. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, I agree, and that's why I haven't reported it as a bug. Instead, I have decided to hassle admins to change game results and grant me a victory when the situation arise!

Err... Never mind. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You could just use a setting - So you have settings in your client giving you the required pop-ups, and letting the standard for that setting be no.
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, that's freakin brilliant!

Jump to: