84 coaches online • Server time: 21:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fidius

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I've long thought Sprint a bit broken. Players should not be able to naturally one-turn. At least the push-play requires a bit of luck. Here is an idea for a replacement:

Push Off (A): Once per turn, before attempting a dodge away from an opponent’s tacklezone as part of a Move Action, this player may make a Go For It! roll to gain a temporary extra point of Movement Allowance. This roll does not count against the player’s allotted maximum number of Go For It! rolls per turn.

Weaknesses: hurts Shadowing (lol); helps the push-play (although may tempt players to choose Push on the last block)
Strengths: renders natural one-turn TD impossible without a Quick Snap
Relezite

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of a 'push-off' skill. Here's mine:

Push-off (A): One push-off action can be taken a turn. A push-off action is the same as a normal movement and may not be used as a blitz, pass, or hand-off. If the first point of movement from a push-off action is out of an opposing player's tackle zone, that player is treated as if he was tackled with the 'push' result. If the opposing player has shadowing/prehensile tail/tentacles he is not pushed back but the push-off action negates these skills during the initial movement.

I'm also behind removing sprint.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the issue is with fast players, it's the way chainpushing is handled.
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have it work as Fend, kinda. If you fail the dodge, instead of falling over, you're just pushed back the one space BUT you lose the rest of your move (or maybe get it reduced by a bit as if you were getting up from prone position). This could allow for that desperate long range pass if the roll is still failed, so to speak.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If you score turn 1, you get 8 points, this decreases by one point per turn, until it reaches 1 point at turn 8.

Alternative rule:

A TD is worth 6 points, except turn 8, then it is worth 2 points.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I LIKE MA8 OTTDs. I'm ok with MA9 or MA8 sprint OTTDs. MA10, or MA9 sprint is already to easy in my book. MA10 sprint is just bah.
(though even then, having 4 (no leap) or 5 (leap) diving tackle, prehensile tail, tentacles and/or tackle can still work wonders).
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann Blitzers is the thing!
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 10:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

No player allowed to move more than 10 for any reason.

simple rule, allows TTM (being thrown is not a move), still allows ottd, but you have to worka little for it at least. hurts mainly rats, who have ALL the damn toys anyways.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice... if you nerf Claw and remove PO
Otherwise it's only a way to make basher even more difficult to beat, when my agile team is 6 players on the pitch after 15 turns of PO
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
No player allowed to move more than 10 for any reason.

At least make it 11, so gutters can GFI 2 squares and Woodie catchers can use their sprint.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Geez, just don't play another drive when there is only one turn left. It's counterintuitive anyways.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, the simplest way to not get one turned, is to not score at turn 8.
Leilond

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's consider this one turn attempt from skaven, against an opponent deployed all in the back, gutter runner with sprint and sure feet

Pickup with a gutter, handoff (if you're enought lucky to have the ball land within 9 square of the reciver), catch, 3 go for it, two 3+ dodge, one 2+ dodge
Chance: 40%, 61% with a reroll

If you have at least two tackle players (and if you have not it's your problem you pick MB before tackle on your killer), the runner must choice to make the 3 rerolls without dodge (22%/49%) or the three dodges will be 4+,3+,2+ (33%/51%)

To effectively have GOOD chance of oneturning you NEED leap, and thus, after Block (that every oneturner have to save his life) we need +MA, Block, Leap, Sprint, Sure feet
With this skills, the last attempt chance will change to 39%/67% (and the chance go down to 61% if the ball isn't within 9 square from the reciver or in a position that eventually require a pass instead of an handoff)
Without talking about dwarf, that can force you to dodge without dodge, because of their spamming tackle (4 tacklers and 11 total on the pitch are enought to force you dodge within a tackler if you have not leap, othewise you need 6 tacklers)

Thus, to have 67% (61%) chance to make the one turn, you need a 5 skill gutter with a reroll (the last skill will be very long legs if you're lucky, or catch if you're not) and at least 5 players on the pitch. We're talking about 180k tv player designed and buitl to be really usefull once or twice a match, and only 61-67% of the time, if your opponent do not roll perfect defence, a pitch invasion or a rock or the exaustion do not put out your oneturner, and if pouring rain do not make it even more difficult.

Do we want to talk what is doable with a 5 skill wardancer or other important 5 skill players?

One turn isn't an issue, no more than a block/tackle/MB/PO/CLAW beastmen or a Block/Dodge/Leap/Tackle/Stripball wardancer (only TWO skillups)

One turning is far away to be a problem or an unbalancing issue. It's a way, for agile teams, to still try to tie or win a match when bashed all the match for 15 turns.

If we remove one turning, we have to remove blitz, soften the injury rolls, and generally soften the bashing of bashers
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
I don't think the issue is with fast players, it's the way chainpushing is handled.

how could it work otherwise?

C3I2 wrote:
A TD is worth 6 points, except turn 8, then it is worth 2 points.

ooh, I like this idea, but it will hurt TTM attempts aswell...
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2015 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What if you simply required the offence to set up before the defence.

Join the Human League Premiership!
 Jump to: