88 coaches online • Server time: 21:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Delta

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2004 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'm still waiting for a couple of coaches to get their round 3 game out of the way so I can play my round 4 match.
Come on people....lets get some Elfbowl underway!

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2004 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

People are not playing enough matches. I have a hard time myself making arrangements with my opponent who is in the middle of his exams right now.

Welome to FUMBBL, land of the lame ass coaches who sign up for tourney's with promises to play then always back out due to "unforseen" circumstances.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2004 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Quote:

People are not playing enough matches. I have a hard time myself making arrangements with my opponent who is in the middle of his exams right now.

Duly noted and appreciated. I myself am in the middle of exams....but seriously...is 1-2 hours a week that big a sacrifice?

Come on people....get your act together.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2004 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The high elves... being far superior... are way ahead of all the other races in finishing our matches. The other elven races should really make an effort to step it up.
Delta

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry Kenty, just as soon as the rest of the Woodies stop w***ing in the woods we'll be catching up with you snotty nosed High Elves.
We'll show you how Elves were meant to play the game!! Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

seems like this tourney might be a lost cause.... I've been checking in and it doesn't look like many games are being played
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with Kenty here. The idea behind this tourney was really good and appealing. But maybe it was doomed from the beginning. Some ideas on why it went wrong:

- Different timezones can make it hard to fix games.
- With elves, it is easy to get beat up early with little chance to recover. People then bail out.
- Too many games per division, so the chance of players losing interest is greater.
- During the summer people tend to have vacations, and some actually visits the beach (idiots!)

Possible solutions:

- Make the dark elves americans and the wood elves australians! Smile
- Allow team restart with points kept.
- Make a "warm-up" stage with two games per coach or so. This stage can be used for seeding the teams, as well as checking that coaches play their games.
- Don't start a new tournamnet until september.
Bretter

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, yer, my next opponent hasn't been on for 13 days the last time I checked...
Perox

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

- Different timezones can make it hard to fix games.
- With elves, it is easy to get beat up early with little chance to recover. People then bail out.
- Too many games per division, so the chance of players losing interest is greater.
- During the summer people tend to have vacations, and some actually visits the beach (idiots!)

- There are only 2 coaches or so from a non-European timezone (at least when I started the tourney there were...)
- I should have made apothecary mandatory, would have saved some trouble, a lot of coaches started without apothecary, which in my opinion is very stupid when playing elves, or at least very speculative.
- I don't know about smaller divisions, I thought 8 would be doable, but I was mistaken in the apparent lameness of some of them coaches.
- I can try to sink an oil tanker to get those European beaches too dirty to visit, but I have no influence on other beaches of the world... Mr. Green

I am thinking of abandoning the Master Tournaments alltogether, and starting the Elven Nations Cup knockout stage with all coaches that are still active and want to play. After this is done, we could start fresh Master Tournaments with smaller groups. This an idea?

Other suggestions?
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The masters of light might still have some life, but I would prefer a knockout tournament I think....
Quote:

I should have made apothecary mandatory, would have saved some trouble, a lot of coaches started without apothecary, which in my opinion is very stupid when playing elves, or at least very speculative.

I started without apo and suffered for it. I still prefer "speculative" over "stupid". 3 rerolls from start is really nice cause you will not afford new ones in a looong time... The apo can fail, and I think team restart are a good rule for a leugue like this.
Markus

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The Masters of Light are doing quite fine and will soon start the 5th round. The other not-so-high-elves should get their butts moving. I don't have a problem if the tourney lasts til 2005 but some others might have. I don't like the idea of starting of playing knockout tourney with the already started teams. But smaller groups in a new mastertourney could have helped and should do in the future. Otherwise an open format wo fixed schedule might have been better to make people playing games.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2004 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, this is a PM to all the Wild Masters!
WE HAVE TO SPEED UP THE TOURNAMENT!!!
it is not admitible that the ugly Pro Elves or the Dumb HightElves have both played more matches than us!!!

Let's show them what is a Wood elf made of !
Delta

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2004 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I can't wait to play the people who have been delaying us as it will give me ample opportunity to beat the living s$% out of them.

Get your f&*^% act together people. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Will be trying to find substitutes for the coaches MacLeod and DivingTackle in the Masters of the Wild and LordSigmund in the Masters of the Night. This should get the show started again......

Perox.
Delta

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

/bored

Somebody please start playing some games!! Rolling Eyes