35 coaches online • Server time: 13:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mikere

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Or possibly I'm a bit dense? In help, there are sections for "getting a game in Ranked" and "getting a game in Blackbox". There are also instructions on starting a game in League, but nothing about Stunty? Is it still on the old IRC system?

Signed,
Some fool who might want in on the mayhem.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting a game in Stunty is exactly the same as getting a game in Ranked. It doesn't have the user base however, so there will be times when you are the only player looking for a game, especially in North American time zones.

TV gaps aren't necessarily a disadvantage in Stunty though, so your best bet is to look for an TV band game by adjusting the parameters when looking for a game.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The same rules for getting a game in Ranked would apply to Stunty Leeg, though you can only play other Stunty Leeg teams.
Just put your Stunty Leeg teams in Gamefinder and look for other Stunty Leeg teams to challenge.

edited: drats, harvestmouse beat me to it (and included more information)

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you both for the replies. The North American problem is pretty much universal, not just limited to Stunty. I don't know what's wrong with us over here, I guess most of us aren't smart enough to play on fumbbl or something.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

an=any.

GW is a British brand with a limited foothold in North America. America has a lot of great TT games of its own, so the appeal of BB is always going to be effected.

BB has a strong niche in Northish Europe and Australia though. And another fairly strong hold on the med. Curiously each groups approach to the game is quite different.
CaptainKrunch

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's tough finding LOTRSBG games over here too. Only game that is really played is 40k. Not even fantasy has a big following. Let alone an obscure game like BB.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
BB has a strong niche in Northish Europe and Australia though. And another fairly strong hold on the med. Curiously each groups approach to the game is quite different.

Indeed. Germans never play for fun. They don't know fun. It's just winning, winning or a very bad investment of time.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

My stunty team isn't on my list in Gamefinder, do I need to do anything or is not it open for everyone?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Helloo wrote:
My stunty team isn't on my list in Gamefinder, do I need to do anything or is not it open for everyone?

You need to make a team in Stunty Leeg [S], your team is in [FFB], which is only for testing. You will need to remake a new one, sorry.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah cool, thanks I will do that
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Dibs!