42 coaches online • Server time: 11:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking of adding a buff to the assistant coaches and cheerleaders for my tabletop league to encourage players to get a bit fluffier with their teams/sidelines while feeling they're getting something out of it.

My current idea for coaches would be to add 10k to their cost and allow the team an extra reroll per half (or per game, haven't decided) on a 4+, like a pro roll, with a limit of one coach for every three points of fan factor the team has.

I haven't quite come up with anything I like for cheerleaders yet but would love to hear thoughts on the above and any suggestions people can come up with in a similar vein for either assistant coaches or cheerleaders.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheerleaders = babes.

No idea how to balance it, but if anyone can get a KOed wardancer back in the game, it's elf cheerleaders.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Cheerleaders/Assistant Coaches should be available as inducements for a cost of 20k each.
That would allow the underdog coach to get something when they had 20-40k leftover in inducement money.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
I think Cheerleaders/Assistant Coaches should be available as inducements for a cost of 20k each.
That would allow the underdog coach to get something when they had 20-40k leftover in inducement money.

I second that idea, very nice suggestion!

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:

My current idea for coaches would be to add 10k to their cost and allow the team an extra reroll per half (or per game, haven't decided) on a 4+, like a pro roll, with a limit of one coach for every three points of fan factor the team has.

I would suggest something like, "Before each half begins, each coach rolls a single D6 and adds the number of ass coaches to it. If the result is 6 or more, gain a free RR. (1 always fails?)

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Really, the kick-off table needs to be more meaningful when it comes to it.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:

Too true.

Liking the suggestions so far, thanks all.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Might make a separate thread so this gets some attention but another thing I was thinking of implementing is an underdog rule. We only play once a week at most, and I'm hoping to encourage more players from the wider club we're part of to play so might end up with some very casual players.

At the moment we have a TV spread from around 1250 to 1900 and several coaches are planning to introduce second teams (and largely 'lower tier' teams). I'll also be running it from now on as a perpetual open league, with occasional tournaments, basically inspired by [R].

SO, I'm thinking of awarding 1 spp at the end of each game to every member of an underdog team per 250,000 TV difference to help new/weaker teams along a bit. I do see this could upset the dynamic with ST4 players and the like but I think it might be workable.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Make assistant coaches and cheerleaders level up. They would gain SPP's for won kick-off results. 1spp per success in each category.

Then invent some cool assistant coach and cheerleader skills. Doesn't have to be anything big and game changing (or then it can! up to you) just something fun so that if fluff is important, they can represent it.

http://xcalibur.cc.tut.fi/wiki/Valmentajien_skillit here is some examples, although that system works very differently.
http://xcalibur.cc.tut.fi/wiki/Cheerleader_skillit Also for cheerleaders.

I won't translate them for you, use google translate if interested Smile but they are fun at times, other times completely useless.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If underdog teams are such a factor have the receive a MotM (Man of the Match) award, this is exactly like MVP but the coach chooses the player that gets it. This could be done before or after rolling for the MVP as you (as Commissioner) dictate.

Hope things work out for you and your league Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If underdog teams are such a factor have the receive a MotM (Man of the Match) award, this is exactly like MVP but the coach chooses the player that gets it. This could be done before or after rolling for the MVP as you (as Commissioner) dictate.

Hope things work out for you and your league Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
Make assistant coaches and cheerleaders level up. They would gain SPP's for won kick-off results. 1spp per success in each category.

Then invent some cool assistant coach and cheerleader skills. Doesn't have to be anything big and game changing (or then it can! up to you) just something fun so that if fluff is important, they can represent it.

http://xcalibur.cc.tut.fi/wiki/Valmentajien_skillit here is some examples, although that system works very differently.
http://xcalibur.cc.tut.fi/wiki/Cheerleader_skillit Also for cheerleaders.

I won't translate them for you, use google translate if interested Smile but they are fun at times, other times completely useless.

Some of those skills look very fun, thanks for that!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:

Trying to think of what CL/AC could affect on the KO Table...

o Pitch Invasion - your choice of 1 player NOT affected on a roll of 4+ (Coaches screen players, CL's distract fans.)

o Thrown Rock - CL's make that an activation roll, 1 CL = 5+, -1/CL, down to min 2+.

o Heat Exhaustion - AC's give 1 (or more) players a roll, starting at 4+ and subtracting -1/AC allocated to that player, down to 2+.

I dunno, just brainstorming.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2015 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Cheerleaders = babes.

No idea how to balance it, but if anyone can get a KOed wardancer back in the game, it's elf cheerleaders.

I'd say it would work the other way... I'd want to hang around the dugout longer if there were a bunch of elf cheerleaders around Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2015 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I proposed some changes in this thread, trying to keep it consistent with the fluff and simple enough.

In short, they also give you RRs for certain actions that have to do with their roles in the team:
- Cheerleaders give you RRs for Dauntless and catching passes.
- Assistant coaches give you RRs for Loner and Pro.
 Jump to: