48 coaches online • Server time: 19:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

the mummies are there to have the str skills
Buttercup

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
4) Throw a Rock. Should be "The side supported by the most
fans according the Gate roll are the ones that threw the rock.
If both teams have the same number of fans according to the
Gate roll then both teams are effected."

Typo: should read "affected" not "effected".

Buttercup
Lorion

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

That a lot of new material to process. Sounds very interresting and I m looking orward to play-test the rules sometime. I do, however, see a few minor problems. though they already have been mentioned i should like to mention it agian.... I just dont see any point in playing elven teams anymore. If U can chose who to give the MVP, and have to pay a lot for an apo... elves simply are not worth playing. Elves normally have more TR than most teams. Especially undead teams seems to be winning big time by the changes, and why on earth would u make dwarfs stronger.....

... and as already mentioned, why make an all new system. I think that might split the BB society right down the middle.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

What I don't like about the freeboot apo it that it is trying to prevent us from being able to save our players that we spent countless hours developping. There's already enough blood as it is, I don't see the point in making it worse for the low av teams.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

don't develop players, develop teams :-p

yeah, yeah, I know, to each their own style...
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

uber wrote:
What I don't like about the freeboot apo it that it is trying to prevent us from being able to save our players that we spent countless hours developping. There's already enough blood as it is, I don't see the point in making it worse for the low av teams.

We'll see ... I'm not convinced that these rules are that bad for the low AV teams to be honest.

Galak
Aequitas

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

*Screams*
Alright instead of wildly stabbing people in the eyes with a disgruntled HalibutĀ®, let me explain my sorrow.

<b>Apothecary dilemna</b>: 50k/match=insanity? Thing is, this might work well with this "extra" cash we're getting at a lower TR. But, what's it like at a higher TR of say 250? I already have problems keeping my players alive (without Mickey Finn, my Apo always seems to be drunk anyways) and rarely have cash to buy new ones. Is this another one of those devious ploys to destroy high TR teams altogether? I rather enjoy the difficulties of keeping a high TR team alive, but I think these new rules are hitting below the belt. It's also fun to develop 'star' players and get on Fumbbl's top 10 lists. Combined with (or is aging not in current rules?) aging, Mickey Finn and evil teams like Blondie, it's no easy thing let me tell you.

Is no aging still being tested? I really have trouble remembering all the changes being done.

<b>Undead teams being neutered</b> (sp?) : Wights. What happened here? Either give us 4 Wights with general skills, or give us 2 Wights with access to Strength skills. I refuse to ever make another Undead team until one or the other happens. It's just not worth it. Restrict the Ghouls to 2 if you have to, I don't trust them without Regen anyways, but I can live with that. Ghouls IMO are just temporary Blodge/DP's.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah undead have been royally screwed again. Losing the wights was bad enough, getting nothing in return was awefull and now they are going to make mummies crap. If they wanted to get rid of the undead team in favor of khemri and necro then they should have gotten rid of it instead of chopping of it's legs and watching it try to drag itself around for there own cruel amusment at the expense of the faithfull undead coaches who are still sticking in there.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Winnings are the same regardless of TR with these rules.
Uber

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

What you call team management in having to save to freeboot the apo every game, I call a pain in the a$$. Leave the apo alone, it ain't broken. Go ahead Galak, start a woodies team on Fumbbl and then you'll understand why there is absolutely no reasons to start messing with the apo. I just played my first game and I already had the apo: 1 kill, 1 niggle, 2 bh. Luckily, I saved the kill, but it might as well have been the other way around. Anyhow, it's pointless to argue now, but I fear even after the tests the bbrc, jj or whatever will end up going with what they like best regardless.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If the apoc is such a huge concern why not just up its base cost???? so that starting teams just dunt have the cash to start with a apoc... ie 100k, 150k????

2ndly the undead team has been seroiusly handicaped wrights start with Block every other team that has a player start with block has accsess to str skills. why dont the undead teams??undead teams now have THE POOREST skill selections avaiably to them, Zombies, (general), Wrghts (General), ghouls (General,Agilty mind you they start with dodge) Mummies(Strenght, General) Skeletons(General) thats a grand total of 2 extra skill lits they can pick from.. now lets think of say Dwarfs.. they have 4 postions and all of them can pick from 2 lists... why not take strenght skill off the longbeards only sounds fair to me???
Sparticus

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

but i belive BB has had a huge draw to it because of player\team- development and if you take the apoc away in such a manner that should someone lose a positional player IE Witch Elf 110k its on average gann take 2-3 games to replace, and in that time hes not going to be able to hire a apoc cause he needs to save cash, and it will have a spiraling affect on the game and teams, with loseing more players...theses new rules will favour high AV teams, and Regen teams as they will be the only teams that can last in the long run.

Perhaps limiting the injuries the apoc can fix is a option, ie cant fix DEAD DEAD DEAD players thou he can fix all others, and when he does fix the player in question that player cannot play the rest of the game he comes off the pitch and is unable to play
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

dwarf teams do not need extra playes and more secret weapons, - their linemen start out with tackle, block, thick skull, AND av9, AND 40k rerolls!!!!. I just don't buy the arguement of dwarf teams having low agility or movement, becuase the dwarves have enough players with move 6 and agi 3 for them to deal with low agility on longbeards just fine. If anything, remove tackle or thick skull on some of their players instead of just catering to those stunties!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Sparticus wrote:
2ndly the undead team has been seroiusly handicaped wrights start with Block every other team that has a player start with block has accsess to str skills. why dont the undead teams??

Now that's interesting. I'll take Stand Firm on a double for my Wardancer next time then.

BTW: It seems like some coaches claim undead/khemri would be nerfed way too much by these rules whereas other coaches complain about regeneration being broken.
Uber

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

1)
Regen is not broken, it just seems so much better than having to pop 50K a game on the apo.

2)
Without block, you're 4 times more likely to cause a turnover than if you had it. Mummies are about the only thing that khemris can rely on, take that away from them and they've got nothing really. Isn't it obvious?