27 coaches online • Server time: 03:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chunky04

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it looks like Peikko has replaced Mr Klipp as the sensei of stunty, so I guess we should welcome him. Any chance you could give us some tips on what/no to bug you with peikko?
Pardus

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I can answer that.

What to bug him with;
Money
Women
Money

What not to bug him with;
Everything else
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll bug him with wasps, gnats... oh, wrong forum.

peikko

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well whatever comes into your mind with stunty. On roster side nothing big will happen, I still would prolly see little color added to some point in form of well tested and proved balanced roster. Still there will not be ton of new silly rosters available anytime soon Razz
chunky04

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What about the gnome situation? Will anything be done on that front?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

well peikko how do we go about playtesting the new rosters? will we do it on fumbbl so all is authenticated etc and it makes for easy use rather than using an outside website? if only one roster was created on the site for each race for playtesting and placed in a league somewhere on the site so it could be easily viewed and there would be specs able to watch the game and replays would be easily accessable.

This could also lead to a lot of people wanting to playtest out the rosters which is good...

this would lead to IMHO more comments on the rosters and how they can be improved! it will also improve stunty awareness! im just floating this idea around but im aware i may be shot down!
peikko

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

As stunty itself is unofficial league, there wont be unofficial unofficial stunty dx Smile
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What I've generaly done in the past is just make sure the new lists looked like a reasonably good balance and then tossed them in. The division isn't ranked, so it's not too big a deal if something goes in with a little bit of imbalance. On that note, if something is on the line, I've found it better to put in a team that is probably a little too weak and then improving them later rather than tossing in something that is probably too strong.

The Finishing Touch
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

To start: Ban stunty. End the senseless dicrimination based on size and race!

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
What I've generaly done in the past is just make sure the new lists looked like a reasonably good balance and then tossed them in. The division isn't ranked, so it's not too big a deal if something goes in with a little bit of imbalance.

here here!

I'm not saying lets chuck ten more rosters in but there's 2 or 3 that have real merit and when the community is happy that they are close to balanced the only real way to test that is to chuck 'em in and see if they sink or swim.
Twahn

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

LtMonkey wrote:
I'm not saying lets chuck ten more rosters in but there's 2 or 3 that have real merit and when the community is happy that they are close to balanced the only real way to test that is to chuck 'em in and see if they sink or swim.

Here here!!

Please please please please please!! Just a few of the balanced/weak looking rosters. Soooo much easier for everyone to determine how balanced they are that way... Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Dooby

Post   Posted: May 15, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see some of the proposed teams in pretty quickly as stunty seems to be dying off a little lately.

Like people have said, if they are too overpowered, playtesting thouroughly with response from the masses would tell us where we are going wrong. I have played Clems deadlings through a career spanning about twelve games give or take, taking them to a TR around 156 I think, judging by the skills and the like.

Mummies are very dangerous in Stunty later on as the lack of a drawback really racks up the cas with Block, Tackle Multiblock etc... but the slightly brittle nature of the team means rebuilding is tough. Beasts are still the best BIG GUY in stunty though.

Theres a point - Are mummies treated as big guys in Stunty or not - If so I've been using rerolls on them - Bugger!
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 15, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah Mummies wouldnt be Big Guys for Deadlings, is there real Strong Point really. But as to do with the adding of Rosters as long as you only add one or two at a time and they are well tested then things shouldnt be too bad at all.

Cant see them being too unbalanced compared to others if well thought out.

Flings Rule!
 Jump to: