33 coaches online • Server time: 00:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sann0638

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if this has already been stated, but couldn't find it. If you get a blitz result and put a player under the ball, you get the option to use a reroll on the catch, which is at odds with CRP. Is the expectation that you will "honourably" not use the reroll, or that you should just play by the client?

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I never use it and am extremely annoyed whenever opponent catches ball with TR.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just Team RR where it should be verboden?
tmoila

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Catch and pro skill are allowed. Team rerolls are not.

I don't think you can expect players to know that they cannot RR that situation.

I would guess most people don't know this rule and would rr if it was in their interests. Maybe we need to start an awareness campaign?

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It has been listed in the bugs list for a while, but people can't be expected to know about it.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

We are expected not to exploit the few remaining bugs in the client for gain. If your opponent rolls Blitz! and you remind him he cannot use a TRR to catch, then he should not. I've no doubt it will be fixed when time allows.

Honest mistakes are honest mistakes. In the olden times, we had 'differences from the board game.txt', and coaches were expected to know the things Ski couldn't code around because of that document. I'm not sure we need such a stopgap here with Kalimar still active, but if anyone feels strongly enough it should make a comeback, that's what the Wiki is for!
DrPoods

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually rerolled it in a game a couple of days ago.

No idea that was the rule.

Gosh...

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Purists and their high horses, if everybody plays the client it makes for an even playingfield. That both sides in a game play by the same rules is more important then any rulebook.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't aware this was a possibility although I catch quite regularly on blitzes.

My question would be then: Does the RR consume the RR-possibility for the next turn?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure I understand that question?

In essence (from faded memory, I await instant correction), a Blitz! kickoff result catch isn't in your turn, and you can only use a RR to catch in your turn. Does that cover it?

As for 'purists'; the last I checked, this was not 'Nam. There are rules. You had to be there, man...

(I've edited this more than once because, this being a rules minutiae point, wording is both difficult to come up with, I failed at least once, and easy to misinterpret.)

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %14, %2015 - %10:%May; edited 2 times in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I did it once as honest mistake, but then learned not to do it when opponent explained the rules. Last week there was an occasion, when I did not use the reroll. So I expect that a warning and a link does the trick.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
In essence (from faded memory, I await instant correction), a Blitz! kickoff result isn't your turn, and you can only use a RR in your turn. When the offence has moved, it's then actually your turn, and you can RR. Does that cover it?

No. How can I put this? Can we make things unexist because they shouldn't exist? You spend hours cleaning a street with a broom. Then you go back and there suddenly lies a stone in front of you. You put the broom aside knowing there should be no stone. Your boss comes to you and asks: "Is there not a stone on the street?"
You hesitate and finally answer. "I do not understand the question. I brushed the street. There is no stone, does this answer your question?"
The next day a man comes, falls over the stone and hurts his knee.
Your boss comes to you and asks why you did not tell about the stone.
But you know the answer, because the stone wasn't there to begin with. Is what should be or should be what is? Does it seem to be the same? Is it the same? Things created by the sheer force of will.

I was trying to understand what it did precisely. Another RR appeared. Where did it come from? Did little angels bring it? What did it do? How did it happen? Did Sann break the client? Was it hacked? Is it a plot by Kalimar to stop Sann from taking over the world? And what do have ants to do with it?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhhh. Now I get you.

Yes.

(/backs away slowly)

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %14, %2015 - %09:%May; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: