52 coaches online • Server time: 17:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

As I understand it (but maybe I have been led astray) you may use a Team Reroll during a Pass Block Turn.
It seems to me that a Blitz Turn should be no different when it comes to using a Reroll.

As a Sports Official IRL I understand and am often discussing the minutae of many variances in the rules in the 3 (or 4 really) sports I officiate on a regular basis.
I realize their are people here that have the same level of expertise with rules in Blood Bowl that I have (or try to have) in my profession(s).
Could someone enlighten me on this subject as to why this would be different?

Purplegoo wrote:
I'm not sure I understand that question?

In essence (from faded memory, I await instant correction), a Blitz! kickoff result isn't your turn, and you can only use a RR to catch in your turn. Does that cover it?

As for 'purists'; the last I checked, this was not 'Nam. There are rules. You had to be there, man...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If you were to get into the ins and outs of BB rules, you'd be here all day and you'd lose the will to live. Can you RR during Pass Block? It's a skill the sensible never take, so I'm not overly familiar with the rules around it.

Anyway, anyway. Too much faded memory. I don't think this is a big deal, TBH.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, just to be clear. By the rules you can team-RR during a Blitz because a Blitz is an extra turn. You can't foul because that is a special rule about Blitz!, that's all.
You can't team-RR on recieving the kick off ball however, because this happens pre-turn, in between turns so to speak.
For kick-off events aswell as pass block you can use skill RR because they are not turn dependend.

Anyhow, the client still seems to allow the use of RR on recieving a kick off, at least according to Sann after a Blitz! event.
But is this RR part of some other turns RR, like the blitz turn? Is it an additional RR that speeds up RR consumption?
This is unclear.
What is clear and should be clear to everyone at this point is Sanns role in all this.
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
In essence (from faded memory, I await instant correction), a Blitz! kickoff result catch isn't in your turn, and you can only use a RR to catch in your turn. Does that cover it?

Pgoo is correct here: the ball doesn't hit the ground until after your turn ends, so you can't use a team reroll.

Interestingly enough: in "official" PC Bloodbowl (a.k.a. Cyanide) if you blitz someone on a Blitz result, the ball then lands, even if you still have more people to move (and you can then move them). So once again FUMBBL handles something much better than Cyanide Smile

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to buy some shares in tinfoil.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
sann0638

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You may not TEAM reroll during pass block. You may only use TEAM rerolls during your own turn.

Anyway, thanks Pgoo for a good answer - if reminded/told, don't do it. If not reminded/told, you shouldn't feel bad (unless you already know, in which case don't do it).

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 18:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

From a Security Officer standpoint, I expect that coaches who know better will not use a team reroll to catch the kickoff after their Blitz kick off result. However, I understand that few coaches would be aware of this situation. I typically end up clarifying the rule for them, and tell them not to use a team reroll in this situation next time.
LucaAnt

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I always save my RRs for something better
CanvasBack

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Sorry if this has already been stated, but couldn't find it. If you get a blitz result and put a player under the ball, you get the option to use a reroll on the catch, which is at odds with CRP. Is the expectation that you will "honourably" not use the reroll, or that you should just play by the client?

Didn't find it? I want a citation! Very Happy

It says under blitz! that the team receives an extra turn and can use re-rolls. Is there a FAQ? An NAF ruling? What is the source of this rule?

"When you have shot and killed a man you have in some measure clarified your attitude toward him. You have given a definite answer to a definite problem. For better or worse you have acted decisively. In a way, the next move is up to him." R.A. Lafferty
Seventyone

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you throw team mate in a blitz? Can you throw a bomb? So many questions!

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:
Can you throw team mate in a blitz? Can you throw a bomb? So many questions!

You can throw a teammate and you can score. I did it myself once.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3441122
Xeterog

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

CanvasBack wrote:

It says under blitz! that the team receives an extra turn and can use re-rolls. Is there a FAQ? An NAF ruling? What is the source of this rule?

The Kick-off Sequence.

1) Place the ball
2) Scatter the ball
3) roll on the kickoff-table
4) resolve the kickoff-table result
5) catch/bounce/touchback the ball

so, the blitz happens in step 4, while the ball 'lands' in step 5--after the blitz turn is completed. So, by the Rules, you can't use a Team RR to catch the ball (you could use skills such as Catch and Pro).

Note also, that the only restriction on Blitz, in the rules, is that players in a TZ may not take any actions...so you should be able to foul (though the client does not allow you to)

one other note on Pass block. Since it normally happens during an opponents turn, you can't use a Team RR for it. However, if someone dumps-off the ball and you use Pass-block during your turn, you should be able to use a team RR then.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Xeterog wrote:
CanvasBack wrote:

The Kick-off Sequence.

1) Place the ball
2) Scatter the ball
3) roll on the kickoff-table
4) resolve the kickoff-table result
5) catch/bounce/touchback the ball

so, the blitz happens in step 4, while the ball 'lands' in step 5--after the blitz turn is completed. So, by the Rules, you can't use a Team RR to catch the ball (you could use skills such as Catch and Pro).

Note also, that the only restriction on Blitz, in the rules, is that players in a TZ may not take any actions...so you should be able to foul (though the client does not allow you to)

one other note on Pass block. Since it normally happens during an opponents turn, you can't use a Team RR for it. However, if someone dumps-off the ball and you use Pass-block during your turn, you should be able to use a team RR then.

That seems reasonable to me. It also seems reasonable that an out sequence turn is just that, an out of sequence turn. My turn doesn't end just because a passed ball is inaccurate for example. It'll only end if a player doesn't end up catching it. During normal play during the half, I take a turn, my opponent takes a turn, etc.... If I was a rules lawyer, I'd argue that step 5 is effectively deleted by the blitz rather than applied after it is resolved because that event interjects the normal play sequence.

It still seems susceptible to interpretation to me.

But then, while I've seen catchers get under a blitzed ball in the air I've never seen anyone actually burn a re-roll on this anyway.

"When you have shot and killed a man you have in some measure clarified your attitude toward him. You have given a definite answer to a definite problem. For better or worse you have acted decisively. In a way, the next move is up to him." R.A. Lafferty
Kryten

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 19:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This is dead simple guys. On page 18 of the rulebook, in the section regarding team rerolls and the kickoff table: "A team re-roll may not be used for any catch roll when the ball lands: however, players may use the Catch or Pro skill to re-roll the catch roll."

There isn't any room for interpretation.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: May 14, 2015 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Can we make things unexist because they shouldn't exist? You spend hours cleaning a street with a broom. Then you go back and there suddenly lies a stone in front of you. You put the broom aside knowing there should be no stone. Your boss comes to you and asks: "Is there not a stone on the street?"
You hesitate and finally answer. "I do not understand the question. I brushed the street. There is no stone, does this answer your question?"
The next day a man comes, falls over the stone and hurts his knee.
Your boss comes to you and asks why you did not tell about the stone.
But you know the answer, because the stone wasn't there to begin with. Is what should be or should be what is? Does it seem to be the same? Is it the same? Things created by the sheer force of will.

This.
 Jump to: