20 coaches online • Server time: 01:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrNomad

Post   Posted: May 20, 2015 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so I am entering a few teams into the BBB and I look today to see what teams get in. I entered 4-5 teams of various TR. My 1 game underworld team gets selected. Now I like a challenge as much as the next guy. The lowest TR team besides my underworld team is 1600ish with high in the 2100s. So how does the 1000 TR team of mine get picked over the 1500-1900ish teams I entered?
koadah

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you read the rules?

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by azyx on %b %21, %2015 - %00:%May; edited 1 time in total
MrNomad

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I did read the rules am I to believe only 8 coaches entered? And that they all entered only 1 team each except for me?
happygrue

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

As I understand it, ONE team is randomly selected from all entrants, then the other 7 teams are the closest TV match to the one team selected. Then if there are 8+ different coaches left with teams in the mix another is selected...

So if your UW was picked as THE team, then the rest get matched as best they can. That seems likely to be what happened, unless a mistake was made (people are human, after all).

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
1. To ensure no coach has two teams drawn in the same brawl, the highest TW-valued team(s) of coaches who have entered many teams will be kicked from the group if:
(a) they have entered more teams than the maximum possible number of brawls for that week; or
(b) they have more than one team in the highest 8 TW-valued teams entered that week.
This step will be repeated until neither condition applies.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's a brawl, you don't really get to choose, and if there's not enough coaches to fill more than one, TV differences will happen.

My 1600 Pelfs got matched vs 2100 nurgle. Not a match I look forward to; but you got to suck it up sometimes: )

For lower TV teams; it might be best to enter the ARR brawls; those are once a month (I'm not entirely sure when) and a lot of coaches enter a team, ensuring more equal games.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

the ARR Brawls are the last brawl of the month but that is not an official stance on the name just when the ARR group encourage their members to enter ARR teams.

and MRNomad, when I checked the Brawl page yesterday there were only 7 teams applied... just so you know Smile

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the Cleveland Bashers doing?

They look ripe for the Open [L]eague Cup. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the rules state the LOWEST TV team you apply gets accepted. I had it happen to me once but both teams were ~40k TV apart... The team I preferred to go in didn't end up getting in... But my 'lesser preferred team' managed to win the BBB, so I guess I can't complain Smile
MrNomad

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I'm not saying I mind playing the UW team....I just am trying to figure out why the other teams didn't get picked ahead of them because they were a lot closer in TV is all I was trying to figure out. That's why I put in the title am I missing something....
MrNomad

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

They are solid I also like these teams too....

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=402743

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=377150

Those two teams were old OCCS teams I used a fair amount.
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Quote:
1. To ensure no coach has two teams drawn in the same brawl, the highest TW-valued team(s) of coaches who have entered many teams will be kicked from the group if:
(a) they have entered more teams than the maximum possible number of brawls for that week; or
(b) they have more than one team in the highest 8 TW-valued teams entered that week.
This step will be repeated until neither condition applies.

This. From my understanding: If only one Brawl is drawn and you are in it, it'll always be with your TW-wise lowest team.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

MrNomad wrote:
koadah wrote:

They are solid I also like these teams too....

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=402743

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=377150

Those two teams were old OCCS teams I used a fair amount.

OCCS? Ah, those were the days. Mr. Green

You are allowed TWO teams in the Open [L]eague Cup.

House rules will be in effect.

Get signed up.

Jump to: