49 coaches online • Server time: 17:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Whats the best way to progess for playtesting?
Use a small section of the website here to playtest and run a small league?
45%
 45%  [ 27 ]
No league but reporting playtesting results to Evo or Peikko
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
I dont want to vote but i like cake!
45%
 45%  [ 27 ]
Other suggestion...
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 59

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ok...

reading peikko's thoughts regarding all matters stunty a small consortium of us in the #anarchist came up with an idea...

we thought that the best way foward to playtest new stunty rosters was to ask the admin in charge (/me points finger at peikko Rolling Eyes ) to dedicate a tiny part of the site where we can playtest stunty rosters.

We could run a small league on the website if allowed and made for us and get a lot of feedback because:
-i believe that if this was run on fumbbl we would get a lot of interest and comments,
-people would want to spec the matches.
-all match results would be automated and everything would be in one place for easy viewing... league tables, match reports, rosters, forum discussion, replays.
-as far as i can see this is a good way forward to test out the stunty leeg
-this would be a one off and apply only to stunty leeg playtesting
-detailed match reports MUST be made

we would run a league where 1 team of each race (including current ones) was represented (only 1) and a league would run where each team would play each other once and we can adjust rosters on the fly to balance them. If run on fumbbl there would be a lot of interest generated so finding the coaches to test wont be a problem. also there will be sufficient games played to show the relative strengths and weaknesses of the rosters are.

another option is that somebody could create a website somewhere else but i dont know if anyone has the willingness to do it? i havent got the knowhow unfortunately.

another method is that we can just report our results to the admins but that isnt very efficient

this topic hasnt been structured properly but hey im no academic! Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Do feel free to comment! this may be asking too much and may be against fumbbl rules but im just asking so i know! question aimed at peikko mainly and whoever has authority over the site
Grod

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm. cake...

Oscar Wilde
lord_real

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

As im currently working and alfa testing (thats like beta testing but much earlier) a stunty team, I voted for a segment of this site to support beta testing.
But not if its to much trouble. Christer and all admins have given us much for free. So I dont want to push our luck Wink
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be up for structured stunty testing, i want to get those pygmies out on the pitch, and sort those snots out asap
chunky04

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

With the amount of championing I've been doing for the gnomish cause, I'd be rather hypocritical to not want option #1 IMO.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

ok... a couple of things... it isnt going to happen overnight... this "playtesting" section would apply only to the stunty leeg and only to look at the current teams and the current proposed rosters... not for a half dozen half thought out ideas to be thrown in at a later stage. i realise that a discussion like this happened before only making random teams in a separate division but this is slightly different
peikko

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl wont have any extra unofficial leagues for rosters to be playtested. Thats what stunty is, unofficial league for bit different experience in bloodbowl. Currently Evo has made great effort on stunty testing, he has webpage with test rosters and is collecting data for games with different tr and against real and other test teams.

In life of stunty league I would like to see;
1) Couple new rosters. These have to be balanced and different from current ones and offer something new in stunty experience.
2) Look at results in balancing-threads of existing rosters.
Twahn

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think it's a damn shame that it's so difficult to have what are obviously worthy new Stunty Rosters implemented into what is an experimental league filled with made up rosters!
People who enjoy playing Stunty are completely aware that all the current existing rosters aren't particularly well balanced and, from what I've seen of several of the new suggestions, adding a few more to the mix will certainly not create a more unbalanced environment than already exists.
What it will do, in my opinion, is create a far more enjoyable one!

I love playing Stunty. Simple as that. The main thing that erks me about it though, is the small selection of Races that you meet in your Stunty travels. With only 9 Rosters to choose from, and with at least 3 of them being considerably less popular than the others, the range of opponent teams can become rather predicable I find.

When soooo many of the Stunty community want new Rosters to be added, and the whole league is there purely for their fun and amusement, why is there such a marked resistance to adding a bit of spice to the mix?

People always say "new teams need to be well balanced and fully playtested". This would be made so much easier to accomplish if they were actually added to Stunty Leeg?! It's an experimental Leeg!? Get a roster that you think has merits, add it, test it, tweak it. That's the way forward in my opinion...
Stunty isn't ranked, it's not meant to be taken that seriously... it's experimental. Why don't we do a little experimenting?

Gnomes are weak? Fairies are useless? Snots are too brutal? Skinks are dominating? Well, tweak them a little if necessary. At least they're in the mix so that we can identify these issues...
What are Pygmies, Squigs, Skaven, Deadlings, and Vampflings really going to do to Stunty that needs to be so greatly feared? Add a little more fun and variety? Add a motherload more fun and variety?!

Damn shame I reckon, damn shame... Sad

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
peikko

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
With only 9 Rosters to choose from

Only 9? heh....

Quote:
People always say "new teams need to be well balanced and fully playtested". This would be made so much easier to accomplish if they were actually added to Stunty Leeg?! It's an experimental Leeg!?

When you want to do something, you may do it fast and leave it half way or then you might do things the right way and make it work on first time.
Adding some of the proposed teams would just ruin the existing balance there is and take the fun away from many stunty tourneys.
We are not goin to hassle and create 2 stunty leegs like there is for lrb and rule testing in normal sized leagues.

Quote:
Get a roster that you think has merits, add it, test it, tweak it. That's the way forward in my opinion...

You can freely do this without them beeing in Fumbbl. As you said, its not ranked and its ment to be fun, why it has to be Fumbbl game? We are trying to keep stunty enjoyable to most and certainly there wont be 30 new races next week.

Quote:
Damn shame I reckon, damn shame... Sad

What is shame is that people find some hidden lines from somewhere saying nothing will happen on stunty. [/b]
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
Fairies are useless

Never, fairies are magnificent, and with the new on-pitch take root, they'll be even better!
Twahn

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

First up, I felt like a rant. Don't take what I've said too seriously...

peikko wrote:
You can freely do this without them beeing in Fumbbl. As you said, its not ranked and its ment to be fun, why it has to be Fumbbl game? We are trying to keep stunty enjoyable to most and certainly there wont be 30 new races next week.

Indeed we can. I certainly think it would be a lot more likely to succeed if it were on FUMBBL. Evo has just this very thing going on but the results of these playtests and the number of games played and such I haven't been able to locate anywhere.
Also, with FUMBBL's capabilities, it'd be much easier to facilitate a progressive test environment to try out more than just rookie proposed rosters...

peikko wrote:
What is shame is that people find some hidden lines from somewhere saying nothing will happen on stunty.

Hey, I never said that. As I said, just a little rant, don't take me too seriously. Any idea what will happen with stunty then? Smile

LordSigmund wrote:
Never, fairies are magnificent, and with the new on-pitch take root, they'll be even better!

I said "Fairies are useless?" not "Fairies are useless". There's a difference...
Yes, and with the new Secret Weapon rules Cheaters will be crying to their mothers! But that's another discussion entirely...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
origami

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The secret weapon skill doesn't necessarily have to be attached to the players with the various weapons.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

and then they'd have them for the whole game, which throw out the supposed balance that is already in stunty leeg.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

would apply only to the stunty leeg and only to look at the current teams and the current proposed rosters

Quote:

certainly there wont be 30 new races next week

ok... Smile just making a point (as it aint gonna be made a playtesting section) but we seem to disagree peikko! Smile

As we cant have a playtesting section on the site then tell us EXACTLY what you want and how many playtesting matches for each race and if you want detailed match reports for the CURRENT proposed races (eg squig hoppers, pygmies, vampflings etc). there is no point in us going through a lot of playtesting if it wont meet your standards so it would be much appreciated if you could tell us what you want. it would be helpful if you listed a number of points in this thread! Smile thanks!
 Jump to: