15 coaches online • Server time: 06:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: May 22, 2015 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I need some assistance:

I haven't played for a while, and in my absence java got all kinds of strange security updates. Now, if I try to spectate a game, I get some popup windows asking me to allow the application to connect to different servers (I think),
First up, allow to connect to Fumbbl.com, no problem.
next, allow to connect to some telia-server, no problem.
Then, allow to connect to a IP (I'm guessing this is the players involved in the match), client freezes up.

Running Linux Mint 17.1, and Oracle java 1.9.0-ea.
Kam

Post   Posted: May 22, 2015 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never had that with either Oracle or Openjdk. Assuming those connections are legit, it sounds like you've messed up with your security settings. I no longer have Oracle installed, so I can't tell you the exact procedure, but with openjdk, you can do that in IcedTea Web Control Panel (Security tab). If I remember correctly, there's a switcher in Oracle Java Control Center (or whatever it's called) to adjust the security level.

EDIT - Alternatively, if you can't fix it, you could give a try to openjdk, it works just as well as Oracle.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2015 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Tried with OpenJDK too, and the client just didn't start.

Got it running again. I just removed all traces of java (described here: http://ajgupta.github.io/ubuntu/2014/09/18/Completely-uninstall-Java-from-Ubuntu-14.04/), and then installed Oracle java 8 update 45.

Thanks for helping though, Kam.
 Jump to: