42 coaches online • Server time: 17:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2015 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
You're faulting the two largest divisions on Fumbbl for not having 'a point' because coaches use it to seek out their own varied adventures at their own pace.

Yes?

mrt1212 wrote:
Not only that but you're holding up leagues as having 'a point' but it's just an arbitrary agreement among self selecting players that you're all trying to do the same thing which is winning an ephemeral digital award by defeating one another's teams.

It's not the same though, because everyone in a league is playing for the same purpose. Whatever the purpose of that league is. This is not true for R and B, not everyone is playing for the same reason. That may or may not matter to you or anyone else, but it is (apparently) a problem from my limited collection of data among players who no longer play either.

mrt1212 wrote:
Maybe I'm getting hung up the words you use - maybe Box and Ranked don't have a unified 'point' but surely they serve a 'purpose'. Also, I've seen 2 years of complaining about Box and Ranked numbers and honestly, what is there to do about it? Summer numbers are not always great. We don't have a steady stream of new players because GW/Cyanide are a bunch of bungling bunglers.

Exactly, what is there to do about it? Nothing we can do, only something Christer could do honestly.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2015 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I like big teams and I can not lie

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2015 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
You're faulting the two largest divisions on Fumbbl for not having 'a point' because coaches use it to seek out their own varied adventures at their own pace.

Yes?

I don't get why though you're faulting a feature though - Obviously there is enough of something there to keep them more popular than other formats available on Fumbbl.

Also, why does there need to be a unified coaching purpose to basically a sandbox division?
licker

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2015 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a feature which I believe doesn't work anymore. More popular is kind of misleading though, I mean, they are not L, comparing them to L doesn't really make much sense.

There doesn't need to be a unified purpose, but that there isn't one seems to have killed the game during certain time zones. Why that is, I don't know, all I know is that it wasn't like this 5 years ago. From your join date I can assume that you never knew it was any different than you see it today.

Still, it's just my opinion, if you are getting your value from it, great. I don't even see how I could get any value from it, since it's nearly impossible to play, thus, even if I wanted to, I couldn't.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

In the 'good old days' there was no Cyanide. There was France Blood bowl or what ever it was called. But you needed to have some clue how to read/write French to really get to grips with it.

There was also PBEM .

If people try to play during US times and cannot get a game they can play Cyanide. I hear it does twice as many games as we do and still lives during US time.

The first thing towards making it work is to play more games and not be too picky.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2015 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Solution: move all Ranked teams to League, delete Ranked, force all coaches to play in Black Box and you will find a game even during North America times.
Sadly Christer doesn't want to do it, I guess because if Ranked were deleted then FUMBBL would lose a lot of coaches.
I can't find a different logical explanation for keeping a "competitive" division where you can choose good/refuse bad match-ups.
 Jump to: