81 coaches online • Server time: 22:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The phantom stunty conceder has been unmasked! The shame.

Actually hasn't tibbo just been named and shamed? Lock the thread forthwith! A travesty has occurred!

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

tibbo

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Incidently Zed , i've put 3 people onto fumbbl, you have destroyed two of them and they haven't come back since. Your a fantastic player, but most certainly not enjoyable to play.
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

so much hate. cant we all just foul all menz?
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Why does he concede allways in turn 5 or 6?
tibbo

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i have conceded 5 times in 185 odd games
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

tibbo wrote:
Incidently Zed , i've put 3 people onto fumbbl, you have destroyed two of them and they haven't come back since. Your a fantastic player, but most certainly not enjoyable to play.

As much as I believe in a smooth welcoming experience for newcomers, people who can't cope with defeat are probably better suited for another hobby (and another community).

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
tibbo wrote:

As much as I believe in a smooth welcoming experience for newcomers, people who can't cope with defeat are probably better suited for another hobby (and another community).

Zed's the resident team destroyer here? Laughing

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

tibbo wrote:

May I recommend playing in the League division? It seems like you want to avoid bashy coaches and teams. There are lots of elf-based leagues that I think might suit you and your friends better than the open competitive divisions.

koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

tibbo wrote:
i have conceded 5 times in 185 odd games

But three were very recently. That sounds like a story.

Really though, I thnk that 5 in 185 is quite a lot for Fumbbl. I have I think 2 in 1100. Not counting Test division.

JanMattys wrote:
tibbo wrote:

A lot of people can take losing. But getting completely destroyed game after game can get old pretty quickly.

Rookies probably think that playing vs flings will be an easy match. They maybe then think "I got killed by flings! I'll have no chance vs anyone."

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Firing healty players (except for 15th zombie/rotter) is using a rule written for leagues (the TV system) to gain some benefit in a completely different environment (Black Box)
You'll never see a two skilled player fired in a league (expecially positionals fired to reroll them), because it doesn't help in the league

If you don't like this system exploiting (because it's nothing more than that, not minmaxing nor TV management, it's using a rule intended for a game, to gain benefits in another game), just find a good League (or a couple if you have more time to spare) and play there. Leagues are 10 times better than any Black Box or Ranked division out there

I think we really need some special rules for R and B, instead of using the TV system, simply because it's not written for those environment and thus it doesn't work properly. I don't know the specific rule we need. Pheraps starting to forbit to fire a healty skilled player or a player that player at least 3 matches or something like that. This, only to start. Then the matchups, that should be based not only on the TV, but also on some way to intercept "single player based teams" (like teams with 2-3 super skilled players in a full of rookie gits) and give those teams a value to be added to the TV (like adding something like 70k for each legend and 40K for each superstar)
Just ideas, and just my thought
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:
Firing healty players (except for 15th zombie/rotter) is using a rule written for leagues (the TV system) to gain some benefit in a completely different environment (Black Box)
You'll never see a two skilled player fired in a league (expecially positionals fired to reroll them), because it doesn't help in the league

Yes, you will see it.

For one thing you'll see it if a player has poor skills.
You'll see it when teams try to avoid spiralling expenses.

The main reason teams don't do it is because teams play fewer games and have less money for replacements.

The O[L]C has had a lot of giant killings recently. Having a big team is great if the team is tight. But if it is not efficient then a tight small team packing a wizard, good stars, bribes etc is gonna have you.

Min/maxing is not a problem in [L]eague (IMO) but it is part of the game. Some players (mainly linos) are just not worth taking to three+ skills without a double or +stat. They may be decent players for a while but when better players over take them they may well be too expensive to sit on the bench.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

A lot of people can take losing. But getting completely destroyed game after game can get old pretty quickly.

Rookies probably think that playing vs flings will be an easy match. They maybe then think "I got killed by flings! I'll have no chance vs anyone."
There is nothing more terrifying than a developed fling team. A couple of my worst losses have come against flings, though the absolute worst was a complete one-sided dicing as well.

I've watched some incredibly amusing games as well. One such game involved an All-Snotling team completely destroying some Dark Elves in a Rookie Rumble.
Fingard

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:
Basing matchups on TV is using a rule written for leagues (the TV system) for a different purpose

Fixed it for you.

Leilond wrote:

I think we really need some special rules for [...] B

They already exist: matchups are based on TV instead of pure random.
Maybe you don't like these rules.
I do: they make team building a challenge and force coaches to think if a player and its skills are worth their TV or not, instead of farming skills and players without consequences.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

MDeLarge wrote:
Why does he concede allways in turn 5 or 6?

I heard there is a betting ring involved.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
tibbo wrote:
gjopie wrote:

Hmmm...not sure that is quite true....

Stunty concessions are the lowest of the low!

lol way to bring up the past. i gave stunty a go. didnt enjoy it , dont think i've played it since. Don't see how that is relevant.

You're all wrong! Conceding against Stunties is worst. Very Happy

indeed!

Jump to: