24 coaches online • Server time: 01:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kam

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2015 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
I've watched some incredibly amusing games as well. One such game involved an All-Snotling team completely destroying some Dark Elves in a Rookie Rumble.

Haha! Glad you enjoyed the game. I'll give it another try one day but those games are tough and I grow grey hair whenever I play one. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Fingard wrote:
Leilond wrote:

I think we really need some special rules for [...] B

They already exist: matchups are based on TV instead of pure random.
Maybe you don't like these rules.
I do: they make team building a challenge and force coaches to think if a player and its skills are worth their TV or not, instead of farming skills and players without consequences.

Team building a challenge, that part really makes me laugh.
Anybody a minimum ok at this game can see when a player is worth his TV and in the Box, except playing elves money is a no issue.
So 0 challenge, 0 skill and thinking needed to do minmax, only the will to do it more or less or not at all hehe.
Not saying we should change the rule to forbid the firing of healthy skilled players, the fact that everyone can play as he wants has big advantages but people who minmax thinking they are clever and the other stupid Laughing
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Still only two elf teams in the Top 30.

Come on you elf boyz!

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizfall wrote:
Fingard wrote:
Leilond wrote:

I think we really need some special rules for [...] B

They already exist: matchups are based on TV instead of pure random.
Maybe you don't like these rules.
I do: they make team building a challenge and force coaches to think if a player and its skills are worth their TV or not, instead of farming skills and players without consequences.

Team building a challenge, that part really makes me laugh.
Anybody a minimum ok at this game can see when a player is worth his TV and in the Box, except playing elves money is a no issue.
So 0 challenge, 0 skill and thinking needed to do minmax,

You, probably, never tried to build teams properly, so you have no clue of what you are saying.
Everybody knows every skilled skink should be fired if possible, there's no skill or thinking in this... But
building a box team properly is a completely different challenge, sometimes it can cost you games because you never want your rotter to score and skill, and if you skill him you know you will have to fire and replace him, which will costs you money.
Besides, many times a single, wrong choice can ruin your whole team, like it happened to me here, here and here, because I got greedy and didn't want to skip a double stat increase (these are only examples, I made many other errors in the past).

Of course I don't think you don't build your teams because you're stupid, I just don't understand why and I don't even care.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Your example are skills choices, minmax is, at least for me, firing skilled healthy players. 0 challenge in that.
The rest is team management and i agree there is some challenge/decision making in that.
Also it should be obvious I play, like everyone play, the way he enjoys the most Smile
Fingard

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

From my experience, what people mean with minmaxing is "getting the higher Team effectiveness/TV ratio possible", which is exactly what I do and which involves firing healthy, skilled, unneeded players.

Edit: my skill choiches were bad in those cases just because they are TV ineffective.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Fingard wrote:
From my experience, what people mean with minmaxing is "getting the higher Team effectiveness/TV ratio possible", which is exactly what I do and which involves firing healthy, skilled, unneeded players.

Edit: my skill choiches were bad in those cases just because they are TV ineffective.

I think that the element that people don't like is keeping the TV low and playing where younger teams generally won't have the skills to deal with more advanced teams.

If you are min/maxed at 1600 then fair enough. Other 1600 teams should stand a fair chance against you unless they are very inefficient. If you are holding your team at 1300 blowing away young teams then people will probably consider you an arse.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
legal - yes
moral - no

Moral? What? Confused

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2015 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Fingard wrote:

Besides, many times a single, wrong choice can ruin your whole team, like it happened to me here, here and here, because I got greedy and didn't want to skip a double stat increase (these are only examples, I made many other errors in the past).

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9616240
I don't think a MA 8 Dodge Runner is a wrong choice, Tarabaralla has a MA 8 Dwarf Runner too:
http://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9744857
and his team is clearly a minmaxed one.
Fingard

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Fingard wrote:

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9616240
I don't think a MA 8 Dodge Runner is a wrong choice, Tarabaralla has a MA 8 Dwarf Runner too:
http://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9744857
and his team is clearly a minmaxed one.

If you had to play an almost-mirror match, where one team has the +ma +ma dodge runner and the other team has the same runner with dodge alone (it would be unfair to substituite dodge in a dwarves vs dwarves match), but 2 more guards on the blockers and mb on the slayer (or 1 guard blocker and pomb on the slayer)... What team would you chose?

I think ma8 can be good in the long term (and that's why I selected it at first, and I didn't retire the team yet), but in this team leader or block were probably the right choices...
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

You really retired that team? At 13/4/2?

Why do you even play here?

You could get a better win% if you played the Cyanide AI every match.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I don't get the sense of this post, I retired the team because they had nothing more to say.
No money to replace the dancer, no special players (except the bloaty one), also a 3/2/2 record in the last 7 matches (if you want to look at this)... Why should I have kept them? O_o
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2015 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Fingard wrote:
koadah wrote:

I don't get the sense of this post, I retired the team because they had nothing more to say.
No money to replace the dancer, no special players (except the bloaty one), also a 3/2/2 record in the last 7 matches (if you want to look at this)... Why should I have kept them? O_o

Don't worry, it's just a different approach to the game.

Play it how you like (within the rules).

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2015 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we have a tournament for most-ludicrous resignations? 0-0 after 4 turns, he had 2 men KO and 1 in reserve, ball was on halfway line in an easily reachable place and thus resigned, weird...
Kryten

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2015 - 18:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

WhiteAlien wrote:
Can we have a tournament for most-ludicrous resignations? 0-0 after 4 turns, he had 2 men KO and 1 in reserve, ball was on halfway line in an easily reachable place and thus resigned, weird...

No, you can't.
 Jump to: