59 coaches online • Server time: 19:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xerode

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a game with one of my Undead teams a while ago and one thing that confused me was trying to use Break Tackle. I tried dodging out a Mummy with Break Tackle, the game said it was 2+ and it failed, so it offered the reroll. This time however it was a 5+ and a message in the log window said "Break Tackle has no effect here, not using" or something similar.

I didn't understand it at the time, it wasted a blitz and cost me a turnover. Just wondering - was that how it should have happened or should I have got the 2+ reroll?
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the reroll was a 5 it was good enough to pass the dodge roll with your agility, hence not needing the break tackle to use your strength for the dodge
xerode

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I wasn't clear. The message in the reroll window offered a 5+. I failed the reroll and caused a turnover.
Kam

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

It's just a display bug. That will still be a 2+ dodge if you reroll it.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

xerode wrote:
Maybe I wasn't clear. The message in the reroll window offered a 5+. I failed the reroll and caused a turnover.

It seems highly unlikely.
Please add a link to the game and say where it occured.

Edit: Oh wait, you didn't say you did roll a 5.
Did you roll 1, 1? ..Then stop whining.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

He isn't whining, he is asking a question about something that *is* confusing in the client.

What will happen is that when you select the player for a move or blitz action, the client will show the dodge difficulty *with* BT (2+ in your case). Now you dodge. On a 5 or 6 you just dodge successfully, no need for BT. On a 2, 3 or 4, the client will automatically use BT and you dodge successfully. On a 1, you fail the dodge and in the client, the log will state "Break Tackle not used because it would not have helped" or something along those lines.

Now comes the confusing part. If you have a team reroll left that turn, the client will ask you whether you want to reroll the dodge. But it will state the difficulty *without* using BT. "Do you want to use a team reroll? You will need a 5+ to succeed."

If you reroll the Dodge, the client will however apply BT just as described above, i.e. on a result of 2,3 or 4 it will automatically use BT. So in your game, if you didn't reroll you should have (it would have been a 2+ dodge) If you did reroll and it still resulted in a turnover, that was because you rolled snakes.

Last edited by Verminardo on %b %12, %2015 - %14:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Kam

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
xerode wrote:

Seriously, enough with the attitude.

He's asked a very legitimate question about a known "bug" in the client (not sure it qualifies as a bug), aka: it shows the roll needed to dodge WITH BT for the first attempt (2+), and then shows it WHITHOUT BT (5+) when asking if you want to reroll it, even though it's still a 2+ roll.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
it shows the roll needed to dodge WITH BT for the first attempt (2+)

Oh really it does? Damn in that case half my elaboration above was wrong... Surprised

Edited.^^
Kam

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It does on the yellow highlighting around the player, yeah, then it shows 5+ for the reroll (in the pop up and on the pitch).

Last edited by Kam on %b %12, %2015 - %14:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
xerode wrote:

Seriously, enough with the attitude.

He's asked a very legitimate question about a known "bug" in the client (not sure it qualifies as a bug), aka: it shows the roll needed to dodge WITH BT for the first attempt (2+), and then shows it WHITHOUT BT (5+) when asking if you want to reroll it, enough though it's still a 2+ roll.

How is it a bug?
It's a 5+ roll with ag1. There is no point in using Break Tackle when you roll a 1. And it's not hard to figure out that you fail when you roll snakes.
And when you describe a situation where you rolled snakes like you failed because of a bug, it's whining. When you point out that you would have failed either way but it displayed things in a way you didn't get, that's a genuine question.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %12, %2015 - %14:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Kam

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

As said before, I'm not sure if it qualifies as a bug, but it's an inconsistency in the client for sure. It should always show the roll needed WITH BT or always show it WITHOUT BT (when the skill is available).

As for the trolling, again, enough with the attitude.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The way I'm reading it he didn't reroll because he thought it was a 5+. At any rate I don't get how asking a question qualifies as whining, and I get even less why anybody should argue the point. Oops.^^
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't exactly make a relatively new coach feel welcome though. I had some real dumbass questions when I first arrived here. Thank goodness I didn't put them on a forum and found some helpful coaches. Just sayin'.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

He only got to me on the follow up with the 'you don't get it' attitude after explaining it poorly in the first place and then not doing it any better.

It was pretty apparent that my first reaction was to be helpful. Anyways, honestly it should be a two way street.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah seems he did reroll after all. Well anyway the issue seems to have been covered from all angles and more.^^
 Jump to: