46 coaches online • Server time: 15:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

What 'you don't get it' attitude? I didn't read it like that at all.

That's the glory of written word I guess, you can't hear the intonation.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the answers, that seems to have cleared it up.

Wreckage wrote:
He only got to me on the follow up with the 'you don't get it' attitude after explaining it poorly in the first place and then not doing it any better.

It was pretty apparent that my first reaction was to be helpful. Anyways, honestly it should be a two way street.

I don't think my reply was antagonistic, so apologies if it came across that way. As for "whining"? I didn't post the dice rolls as I couldn't remember them and ultimately they were irrelevant - it was the message in the log window I was trying to get a clarification for. I certainly wasn't trying to complain about losing because of a bug or anything like that.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder why we can't attract lots of new players.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage, were you his opponent in the match he is talking about?
phantomnin

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

This inconsistency drove me nuts for a long time. I thought it was a bug...so well done for asking. Much smarter than doing nothing.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
It was pretty apparent that my first reaction was to be helpful.

What do you want, a round of applause?

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2015 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
He only got to me on the follow up with the 'you don't get it' attitude after explaining it poorly in the first place and then not doing it any better.

It was pretty apparent that my first reaction was to be helpful. Anyways, honestly it should be a two way street.
The "you didn't get it attitude?"
God you're being a twerp. Not like you. Just bow out and quit trying to save face.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2015 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

The "you didn't get it attitude?"
God you're being a twerp. Not like you. Just bow out and quit trying to save face.

...................hhhhhhh....

I wasn't saving face by backing off. On the contrary. In what world are you living? My instinct was to go mental over some of these responses here. But why do this to myself over nothing and reduce myself to the level of Pyhtr or Liz. Gotta have a thick skin for this place sometimes. I'm rather being helpful than nice. And you sir certainly haven't contributed anything helpful in this thread. Just as a couple of others. Why don't you leave it to me what arguments I go into, what I apologize for and when I just decide to shut up and keep silent. Seriously, what kind of impression do you think this creates?
You think xerode is sad now because I didn't respond anymore and has quit the site? You think he hasn't read all the other responses too? You think he feels like he has lost face and needs to get some rookiecookie?..

xerode wrote:
I don't think my reply was antagonistic, so apologies if it came across that way. As for "whining"? I didn't post the dice rolls as I couldn't remember them and ultimately they were irrelevant - it was the message in the log window I was trying to get a clarification for. I certainly wasn't trying to complain about losing because of a bug or anything like that.

Xerode, it didn't come off antagonistic. It came off like you were saying paradocs hadn't addressed your problem.
It came off like you were asking why you failed rolling a 1,1. And it came off like you were trying hard to conceil the fact that you had rolled a double 1. And most importantly I was just about to invest 10 minutes in scimming through your games to figure out what was going on when it was just the usual display thing. Which I think was very very nice of me and I was damn effin glad I noticed in time that you were just whining.
The truth is, a 1,1 always fails even if the target is 0 or -10 or 6 or whatever. Just as a 6 always succeeds. I was wrong tho, I didn't know the client handles the break tackle display pre and post reroll differently and this is indeed very weird. It was good we discussed that. Now we discussed that, we can ignore it until next person makes a thread about it and move on to something more important like throwing dead baby seals on little children and indulging ourselves in self-centered socioapathy.
Kam

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2015 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the language barrier has once again kicked in, but his first message sounds really clear. He has nowhere been complaining about snakes. Instead, he's been asking why the reroll window was mentioning a 5+ roll instead of 2+.

So yeah, you got his message wrong and showed up with a rather unfriendly attitude. Now, what's done is done. Maybe it's time to move on?

Jump to: