51 coaches online • Server time: 20:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work! They should be added to the client.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 15:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Some awesome responses. Highlights why I don't upload icons here anymore.

Why is that? Does all the praise and positive comments upset you somehow? Very Happy
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

Only christer knows when...

well, for now it is anyway only for the lols.

as far as i understand harvestmouse is one of the original artists? at least he is credited at the https://fumbbl.com/help:ForgottenStarPlayers among with Cowhead and whatball. also a coach named misterfurious in a s****t league..

i hope you and the other original artists don't mind too much me playing around with your icons.
it's mostly about lols and killing time here. i am sure you guys could do something proper though. mutations would be just too much fun.

so, the important part. what could a troll featuring two heads or long feet look like?

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 16:42
FUMBBL Staff

Haha. The Long Legs made me laugh. They're looking nice! I think the mutations could stand to be larger on some of them like Claw, Tentacles, Tail maybe. Did you use Lewdgrip's Tentacles and Glart's claw? I think it's perhaps just cos he's a troll (and large) that they look small. I think the mutations should be the 'feature' of the icon and stand out above all the other details.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

you are right, they all could be bigger, a bit more crazy and over the top. the claw for instance should be so big that he must drag it with him behind. but they all must remain small enough that it is still possible to combine them.

i like the guy with an open stomach and open mouth, one could argue he just looks like a dead troll though and less like a foul appearance mutation. but i guess most players would prefer not to block into an open stomach full of maggots.

two heads could use some reworked shoulders, but fluff wise i like the idea that both heads keep staring at each other.

tentacles came from forgotten starplayers lewd and naqat queer models
https://fumbbl.com/help:ForgottenStarPlayers

Last edited by mekutata on Jun 18, 2015 - 00:42; edited 1 time in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

How about the birthday players?
I think i remember a big claw there...
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

For your next challenge: Big Hand and Very Long Legs. Razz

well. i tried:

they are very proud about their legs!
for the legs i recolored the legs from slann. the first attempt of a big hand is a recolored woodie hand, the 2nd one simply drawn by hand.
horns are from black dwarf model.
i also tried to add a bigger claw to the troll now. but i think it would need more contrast for actual ingame size otherwise it disappears on his body too much now.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha! Love'em!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome!

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 00:30
FUMBBL Staff

Love the legs and the horns. Prefer the hand on the right - the one you've drawn yourself! That's really nice.

For the troll claw you might have more success making it go across his body rather than point down. Should give you more space to work in. It's looking nice though, coming on well Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the work. FA and two-headed trolls are especially good.

Horns should be bigger though! And remember disturbing presence can also be all sorts of mayhem (insects, smell, sound).

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent! The goblins are so good. All of them! The Trolls are great too but of course you are limited by the initial sprite.
Right and left side versions too in the plan? Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

...would this be even possible?
For mutations to be visible on the icons?

I think if it was it would be effin' epic. Like 3 steps ahead of Cyanide again...
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

someone give this man a medal
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2015 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Great you like them. I updated the first posting and added also added quickly a blitzer rat with a claw, another with the blackdwarf horns and tried myself at the Thrower Rat.

I often wondered if uwd rats should look a bit different than in skaven teams. After all they live in radioactivity. But i think i went a bit over the top with the green and red skin.
Maybe human skill color with some wounds. Like they lost their fur..

garyt1 wrote:
Excellent! The goblins are so good. All of them! The Trolls are great too but of course you are limited by the initial sprite.
Right and left side versions too in the plan? Smile

Quote:
And remember disturbing presence can also be all sorts of mayhem (insects, smell, sound).

Right and left versions should be no problem in most cases. I just wonder a bit what to do with the two heads there.
If the Troll looks at himself this would mean you get only to see the back of his head Smile

I like the original Troll sprite, eventhough I think he could look a bit more like constantly suffering instead of keeping the stoic look of a "clean" Troll.

Problem with insects, they are so small.

Smell though would be this yellowish shine around the player and is needed for Disturbing Presence. Wish this would be one skill and not two.
For Soundannoyance I advise to change the client in a way that a disturbing Troll automatically creates constant random deformed spectator sounds that can't be turned off in the client. Not too much i could do that pixelwise.

But i think i can still make it look more crazy.

Quote:
...would this be even possible?
For mutations to be visible on the icons?

I think if it was it would be effin' epic. Like 3 steps ahead of Cyanide again...

Reading how Chaos Spawns work in the ...., it looks like it would need to be done manually but some people keep mentioning that the Client could use different icons. Question is, do I want that my opponent sees that my one Goblin has two heads. The players look funny but also become a visible target.

I think Cyanide showed mutations. Until it crashed or disconnected again Sad

Quote:
someone give this man a medal
Twisted Evil