55 coaches online • Server time: 15:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2015 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Blitzers with S access are not sackers, they are on the pitch to hurt opponents, and since Amazons have no Blockers they fulfil the role of Guards too.
Linewomen fulfil the sacker role well thanks to Wrestle.

Sorry, I expressed myself really bad there. I meant that in American Football, Linebackers are sackers and sweepers and Linemen are supporters and screeners, corresponding arguably in BB to Blitzers and Blockers respectively. This is why I don't see a Wrestle Blitzer as an oddity (remember that Wrestle is a relatively decent addition, so a Wrestle Blitzer wasn't even a possibility during most of BB history), but you got a point in regards to the roles a BB Blitzer must fulfill.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2015 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

bigbullies wrote:
I have an idea
Lets leave the roster alone !
Lets play them if we like them and play against them if we dont !
I play zons and i dont want any skill changes nor do i want a big guy or ag 5 or armour 8 HUMANS ARE BORING !!
That is all.

From a Box point of view people are not playing them. They are one of the least used teams.

They do OK early on as long as they don't draw dwarves/CDs too often. Later on a lot of their success is based on people not taking tackle until their 5th skill after Block, MB, Claw & PO. Twisted Evil

Fortunately there are a few humans to keep them in line. Wink

One reason they look so boring is that they are all the same speed.

Taking block away from the blitzers and giving them MA7 would be something.

Catchers? If blitzers are MA7 then catchers would have to be MA8. But then you'd have to drop them to ST2.

Pricing I dunno.

I agree the Mouse about TV but that is a different argument.

And no. I don't want 4 wrestle blitzers. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2015 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This is Blood Bowl, not American Football, where there are many different types of players, trying to find analogies is a bit weird, I think.
The Wrestle Blitzer is less useful because when a Both Down is rolled Wrestle means she can't use the result to hurt the opponent.
The Blitzers have to remove some players to put up a decent offence and be standing to support nearby team mates, so Wrestle is odd.
If you need to sack the ball Linewomen can do that well.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2015 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Macabeo wrote:

(Optional) Kroxigor
The other "human" teams have a Big Guy, and Amazons live in Lustria and are often depicted in fiction as riding dinosaurs and whatnot. Besides, they need a decent big guy to compensate for the lack of punch and resilience.

I quite like the idea of giving zons a big guy as it is an easy way to add some variety and hitting power. I don't think a Krox really fits them, an ogress could work but is a bit samey.

I think the Bloodwrack Medusa from GW would fit zons well and be a unique big guy. I am struggling with her stats as I'd like her to have a bunch of interesting skills.

Something like
6/4/3/8 - Loner, Prehensile Tail, Hypnotic Gaze, Foul Appearance, Disturbing Presence

She could have claw or regen as well. I'm debating the best nega-trait to give her too; bonehead makes sense, wild animal does too. She could even have bloodlust or take root (her gaze gets reflected back).

I do think the worst thing about zons is being stuck with the same statline, it makes their development and positionals super dull.
I like the idea of adding something like a huntress with MA7, shadowing and another suitable skill.

Catchers have to be MA7 at the very least.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2015 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure on the big guy, I could go either way. I'm really not sure on the whole cookie cutter thing. I'd like to revamp TV, then review Zons again. Also, that GW's going a bit crazy with adding new creatures and machines right now. Personally I'd add nothing to BB from the latest Warhammer version. I have a hunch that in 10 years time they'll digress and announce a lot of the 8th/9th edition stuff as a move in the wrong direction.
delusional

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

IMHO this roster is better then the new Brittonian roster. Although their 6237 Fend peasants could suit this team better.

The Throwers are wrong though. I am thinking Dump off + fend would suit Zions better. (hard to tackle, hard to catch the ball). Maybe Dump off + fend + NOS.
0-2 Thrower: 6337 Fend, Dump off, NOS GAP 80k

Unsure how Fend would work with Dump off.
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
just remove the team

it's OP at low TV, and then useless at high TV.

MUUUUHHHAAAAA!!!!

(and)

PFFFFF!!!
Badoek

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

ooh a necro!

I'll add a point: HMP is a great fluffy skill for a team of women. HMP should be their thing. No access to P at all. They throw like girls.

*runs for the hills*

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

lol Laughing

DLE College 7s
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
ooh a necro!

I'll add a point: HMP is a great fluffy skill for a team of women. HMP should be their thing. No access to P at all. They throw like girls.

*runs for the hills*

I must reference you to pythrr's blog about misogyny.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2016 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the natural update to Amazons should be along the lines of:
0-2 Throwers GAP 6338 Dodge, Pass, Sure Hands, Dumpoff 90K
0-4 Catchers GA 7337 Dodge, Catch, Nerves of Steel 100K
0-2 Blitzers GAS 6338 Block, Dodge 100K
0-16 Linewomen GA 6338 Dodge 60K
0-1 Jaguar S 7438 Loner, Wild Animal, Claw, Mighty Blow, Leap 140K

Rerolls:50K

This would make them play a bit differently, not be totally worthless at high TV and clearly point them in a new direction.

I think fluff-wise having a cat is the right choice of "big guy" for these girls.

Jump to: