19 coaches online • Server time: 03:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

m0nty wrote:
the Rules Review will incorporate the successful rules from the Vault into a new LRB

Galak has posted that the Vault rules are expected to become official in the 2005 rules review.

BadMrMojo wrote:
The only problem with trying the rules out in bits and pieces is that they're all part of a package. Whether or not you agree with the goal, this is still a lot to implement at once and bits and pieces just won't make much sense.

I also don't believe such partial testing will be taken seriously by JJ. He'll just say - well if you did x,y & z then it would work beautifully. Unfortunately I think it has to be all or nothing.

BadMrMojo wrote:
Also, a lot of it can't be implemented on FUMBBL but instead has to be implemented in the client (Secret Weapons and Kickoff tables come to mind) - and there's no need to go on and on about how Ski's project plan is to try to implement the LRB fully, rather than any new set of rules that comes along, right?

Well given the current rules are gone in 18 months its questionable what Ski's priorities should be. Fixing problems that won't exist under Vault rules is almost certainly a waste of time (e.g. I expect Big Guys not to be able to use Leader RRs - so no point fixing that in a hurry) - while I'd be very surprised to see the Sweeteners substantially altered - so doing that now may save time later (although I don't know what will get dropped on our heads).

My personal opinion is that we need to do as much as possible until these rules become official to get them right - because its much easier to change experimental rules than official ones.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

let's not use the vault rules until we have enough feedback about the latest DX changes (freeboot apoth, negative winnings, etc.)