42 coaches online • Server time: 18:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
moussambani

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the 1.2 Injury table, it's not so complicated, really.
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What they did to the skills screws over the khemri and chaos teams completely. no block for mummies and no injury modifiers = dead (pun intended) khemri. Chaos get screwed because they can't injure anyone anymore. rsc has been turned into a piece of garbage, a av roll on your opponent with no modifiers, and dirty player has been turned into a +2 to av. but then again, they did make it so you're only caught on doubles with no igmioy, which makes people foul every single turn. great solution... make people foul more often to get less blood. Rolling Eyes

I can just see it. all bashers will turn into dwarf teams since they won't suffer from skills making your team more expensive as much as other teams will since they already have a ton to start out with, have cheap rerolls, AND have been given almost as many secret weapons as GOBLINS!!!
Uber

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand why on earth they gave the dwarves secret weapons. The deathroller is fine, it's been around for a while, but the new stuff is just too much. If they're going to change anything on that team, they should nerf the longbeards and make their rerolls more expensive. Cheap rerolls are supposed to represent teams that train more intensely, dwarves don't seem like that type. They're more likely to drink beer between matches than to train that's for sure!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Cheap rerolls are supposed to represent teams that train more intensely, dwarves don't seem like that type. They're more likely to drink beer between matches than to train that's for sure!

Well, what, do you think, makes their Thick Skull? That's intense training for the match, for sure...
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I know drinking gets my skull pretty thick, but it doesn't seem to give me block or tackle. Ohh well i guess i am over 4 feet tall and you can't have it all...

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

deathgerbil wrote:
What they did to the skills screws over the khemri and chaos teams completely. no block for mummies and no injury modifiers = dead (pun intended) khemri. Chaos get screwed because they can't injure anyone anymore. rsc has been turned into a piece of garbage, a av roll on your opponent with no modifiers, and dirty player has been turned into a +2 to av. but then again, they did make it so you're only caught on doubles with no igmioy, which makes people foul every single turn. great solution... make people foul more often to get less blood. Rolling Eyes

I can just see it. all bashers will turn into dwarf teams since they won't suffer from skills making your team more expensive as much as other teams will since they already have a ton to start out with, have cheap rerolls, AND have been given almost as many secret weapons as GOBLINS!!!

You are SO SO SOOOOOOOO right. This mirrors exactly what I have been telling my league. Every bit of it. I even picked dwarves, cos the other strength teams get f****d so badly. I hate 1.2. Bring back 1.1!!
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

My only disagreement with DeathGerbil is RSC. You block a player using RSC, you don't roll block dice, blodge is negated, armor gets +1 which is nearly as good as claw but better than MB. You never get sent off and you cannot turnover!!! No double skulls etc!

I say "Blodge this you mudder fookin AV7 Wardancer" SLASH RIP TEAR MAIM KILL DISFIGURE!!!

Or, Oh no! a st 5 player has the ball, no worries, nearly 50% of taking it down at ZERO risk anyway!!!
Munkey

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If you thought 1.2 was bad take a look at 1.3 Sad
Uber

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well RSC has simply disappeared now, but I dont care it was a bitch skill anyway.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

WHAT!!!!!!!!! 1.1 was fine, 1.2 sucked ass, 1.3 lines up a queue of people and sucks so much ass that 1.3 eventually has 37 asses!!!

In fact, I don't have an ass any more because 1.3 has sucked it off of me!! How am I gonna get rid of me dinner now? Oh yeah, I'll read 1.3 and vomit it up!!

NO RAGE HERE THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
juck101

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

R_Spiskit I heard you actually had good luck in your first game....
Ok my initial idea was to play elf and buy a cheerleader and coach to get a 20k boost that may give rerolls. Worked so far very well. Plan to drop them when get over about 1.5mil team value. 1.3 looks ok but death on inj table all over the place.

Would like to test online version of rules but think will be a long time to program. Will playtest via board for the current time Twisted Evil
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: May 22, 2004 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

well, spiskit, the problem is with rsc in the new format is that it doesn 't give any bonuses to injuries. I've found that you can let your opponent break armor all day, but if they don't get any bonuses to injuries, they'll be lucky to get a knockout, and VERY lucky to get an injury.
Munkey

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Jervis just posted this in the vault forum, i'm hoping this is what will make it into the next iteration of the vault along with a return of the injury skills to normal.

Jervis Johnson wrote:

One way to solve some of the issues raised about MB and the new injury table is to replace results of 10+ on the injury table with a 'casualty' result, and then sort out the effect on the Serious Injury table, like this:

2-7: Stunned, flip face down
8-9: KO'D, put in KO'd box
10+: Injured, put in Dead & Injured box

For one-off games things stop there. In league games you must make a D66 roll on the following 'serious injury' table for players that were injured:

11-36: Badly Hurt, miss rest of match
41-46: Broken Bones, Miss Next Game
51-53: Niggling Injury
54: -1MA
55: -1 AG
56: -1ST
61-66 - Dead!

The only difference between this and Sigurds is that there is no chance anymore of losing AV, and slightly more chance of getting a AG or ST loss. I think this is probably a good thing, but if for some reason there is a really incredibly good reason that the old serious injury table was the best serious injury table there ever ever was, then we can replace results of 54-56 with the following:

54-56: Major Injury, roll again; 1-2 = -1MA, 3 = -1ST, 4=-1AG, 5-6= -1AV.

Either of these options gets rid of the extra roll on the injury table, while keeping the same results as those generated by Sigurds.

Downside is that you loose the satisfying "ha, double six, you're dead dead dead!" factor.

Personally, I'd stick with what we've got in v1.3. But I'm willing to be convinced that this method may be better.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Why the fuck is he screwing with this is the 1st place Evil or Very Mad

Is he THAT bored that he need to feel important.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Is he THAT bored that he need to feel important.

Jervis Johnson wrote:
"ha, double six, you're dead dead dead!"

'nuff said.

Jump to: