58 coaches online • Server time: 13:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpookyKid

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

This was inspired by thing i've seen in my tabletop BB Leage so i made this little addendum.

BSRB 1.42
addendum to the LRB

1 Injured players from the 1st half that have guard can play in the 2nd half.
2 If your 2d6 cash roll with an alchemist is lower than 100k roll an additional die for your alchemist.
3 If your next opponent is tough and you stand no chance all blitzers get guard.
4 If your big guy would get a skill roll with an mvp its ok to give it to him.
5 Remove a serious injury from a player if you need him to field 11 players in the 2nd half.
6 What we determine is a cocked die will change depending on how the roll effects you.
7 Bone Head and Really Stupid rolls are optional.
8 If your cash roll is too low you can take the default 100k.
9 If you reroll a block and it is also unacceptable you can reroll again using your block skill.
10 When using Thick Skull and the player makes the roll he remains on the field face up.
11 Undead teams can use a wizard until they kill a star player.
12 If an illegal procedure is called for not moving the turn marker you can use your special time warp play and thereby causing the opponent to have moved his marker too soon.
13 Ignore the rulebook where making deals with your opponent is legal because it would create a blood bowl economy and because the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
14 Skills are temporally transferable from one player to the next if the player needs them to score a touchdown or prevent a touchdown from being scored.
15 Guard can be used no matter where the player with guard is.
16 Setting up with an illegal formation and not be penalized for it is acceptable if your loosing the game.
17 You may plead ignorance of the rules as a defense against any penalty and rightfully expect no punitive action. This is also known as the Chewbacca defense.
18 Reading the rules is optional.
19 If you need a loan you can loan yourself cash by taking an advance from your winnings for the next game, and pay it back after that game.
20 Counting movement out loud is only required if the player has enough to make it to his target normally.
21 It cost no additional movement points to blitz.
22 Dice throwing is an acceptable form of "body english".
23 Screaming at your figures motivates them to play better.
24 A trait may be taken on a normal skill roll.
25 Ignore weather effects if it would hamper your team from getting star player points.
26 If a player dies he may be resurrected by your apothecary for the original cost of the player after the game. This does not count as using your apothecary in game.
27 If you forget to roll to catch a foul the IGMEOY does not change.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This has got to be a joke Razz

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

heheheheheheheheheh, some of them are very funny. I especially like the Chewbacca defence. Personally i like this house rule:-

"If you opponent is a huge hulking hairy bearded bikie wearing leathers and a scowl and what looks suspiciously like a fire axe strapped to his back, theres only one thing to do. Let the Wookie Win as C3-PO says."

Last edited by JoeKano on %b %13, %2004 - %15:%May; edited 1 time in total
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, sounds like the league mentioned in an earlier thread where the number of Star Player rolls increase with which Star Player roll it is...51 SPP? Roll 4 times and pick the best one!

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

18 Reading the rules is optional.

Smile looks like a lot of coaches do that here already... Smile

Quote:

8 If your cash roll is too low you can take the default 100k.

Goody! Ill have 100k every match then Smile

Quote:

3 If your next opponent is tough and you stand no chance all blitzers get guard

All my opponents are too tough! Smile

Seriously... these rules are a bit mad... i mean a lot of them dont make sense and results in lots of money and skills floating around. ill give you credit for thinking up such rules as they have imagination (which a lot of coaches lack) but you need to have a serious rethink about those new rules you posted up. Who came up with these rules? the commish? id suggest rethinking up these rules again but keep trying Smile

PS: take my sarcastic comments with a pinch of salt, they arent intended to insult you or your work its just that i just found them funny when i saw them first Smile
Parallax

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not just tear everything down and play freeform RPG and throw around miniatures whenever there's movement involved

Very Happy
veron

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Parallax wrote:
Why not just tear everything down and play freeform RPG and throw around miniatures whenever there's movement involved

Very Happy

I think I know someone *cough*peikko!*cough* who has done this already...
borderline

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

browwnrob_ni, I don't understand what you mean? In what way are SppokyKid's rules mad? I say they look perfectly reasonable and well within the bounds of common sense. It can only be a matter of time before they go official. Ok, the rules maybe make Guard slighty better than our ordinary old, boring Guard, but they hardly unbalance the game. That would be my only worry.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone here who got the joke, raise their hands.

/me raises his hand.

I thought it was funny, at least.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

What joke? I don't get it... This is surely no joke, BadMrMojo. Rules questions are a serious, serious matter.
borderline

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, serious indeed. And what are these strange straps doing on my shirt? Hard...to...write...I can't....seem...to...get them...OFF! Muahaha! FREE! FREE AT LAST!
SunTzu

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

13 Ignore the rulebook where making deals with your opponent is legal because it would create a blood bowl economy and because the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

hahahahahahahahahaha
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just remember...

The Internet is a great way to get on the Net.
peikko

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

veron wrote:
Parallax wrote:
Very Happy

I thought the rules were that you can move your own miniature! Wink
MacLeod

Post   Posted: May 13, 2004 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
veron wrote:
Parallax wrote:
Very Happy

I thought the rules were that you can move your own miniature! Wink
You can move your own miniatures. However, granting your miniatures the fly across room skill is aganst the rules.

Mac