36 coaches online • Server time: 14:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are Chaos Dwarfs Broken?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 44 ]
No
48%
 48%  [ 75 ]
Dont Care
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
I Dont Care
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Super Glue'em Back Together DDF
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 154

neverborn

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

deathgerbil is spot on

you can say that hobgobs are easy to beat, but when surrounded by a str 3-4-5 guard heavy blockle cage, you don't hjave much chance to beat up on them

even with a good deep kick, a good coach can keep them well shielded
MacLeod

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves statistically (that means in fantasy books) are shown to have low dexterity, which could be shifted to AG. Drop them to AG 2, except runners and see then...

Mac

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

deathgerbil wrote:
Well, imho dwarves are worse than chaos dwarves, because at least with chaos dwarves, you can try to kill the hobgoblins, with dwarves, their linemen get block, tackle, thick skull, AND av9. Compare the sheer amount of skills they get to any other team in the league, - like norse for example. norse get block on all their players. they have 2 less av, and no tackle or thick skull to pay for that.

you mean except fot the +2 movement and +1 agility over longbeards....
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

but the dwarfs with ag2 and mv 4 are unlikely to score. so that leaves the bc to handle and a few guys to trap the dwarfs...

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

well thats the part where your wrong. sure the longbeards have ag2 and mv4, but the dwarves have so many players with ag3 and move 5 or 6 that the longbeards or chaos dwarves low agility and movement is negated. Basically their kinda like a khemri team but have actual ability to pickup and pass the ball.
Markela

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If you expect to go head to head versus either Dwarves or Chaos Dwarves be prepared to get smashed to pieces.
But take a look at the faction F1 and see how many broken Chaos Dwarf teams there are up there. For surely if they
were so broken they would be up there in numbers.
Right now F1 bolster 11 (out of 17) Elf teams and 0 Chaos Dwarf and 0 Dwarf teams.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

But take a look at the faction F1 and see how many broken Chaos Dwarf teams there are up there. For surely if they
were so broken they would be up there in numbers.

Ha ... what a crock... My Cd's had a record of 22-10-8 in F1 and nobody wanted to play them. Elf teams are up there because like Open coaches cherry pick the softest games they can find. All those stats prove is that faction is broken.

Look at how many elf teams are in the FUMBBL Cup to see who the really powerfull teams are.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats because CD's and D's never get games... I had a TR177 Dwf team and gave up on it a long time ago in Factions... transferred them to Div[U].

But thats a problem of the cherry picking faction concept as well...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully and I cross posted! Touche'

My Dwarf team had a 4/3/7 record (i.e. I ain't that good a coach) and still couldn't convince the +20TR elf teams to play me!
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing that makes dwarves/cds really destroy other bashy teams isn't that they start with block and tackle, it's that they start with thick skull. When two tr 200+ bashy teams go head to head the game is usually decided by who gets the right kos at the right time to get the ball to the endzone. Dwarves ability to ignore half of the kos they take gives them a huge advantage when they face another bashy team. Also the longbeards "drawback" of move four and agility two are pretty much negated when playing another bashy team because they will never be dodging or running away and the oponent won't be dodging away so they don't have to catch up. Like gerbil said, they are like khemri but they can handle the ball a lot better than khemri and have way better armor.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos dwarves are more like a pact roster, similar to old world.
Nevertheless, Bull Centaurs will lose general access soon, which should balance the chaos dwarf roster. I expect them to become as rare as amazons, so far they have been a favourite choice of coaches who want to play the best races available. But since they lack sex appeal in comparison to other races, they won't be picked by many coaches once they become bealanced under the new rules.

One major problem with chaos dwarves (and also with khemri from my experience) has been the access to amazingly strong star players for an incredibly low price. Since races such as chaos dwarf (and khemri) are likely to accumulate tons of superfluous cash, they could get their star players whenever they needed them, making them a primary choice for powergamers.
odi

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say gobbos are broken, I mean look at this Samuli's Gobbos , they've won over 50% of their games, which isn't supposed to happen if the teams are balanced. And gobbos definately have a too hard armour. None of the teams are sopposed to have +100 cas after that amount games. I mean really, drop the gobbo AV to 5 or 6, and reduce their MA to 5. And only one BG, c'mon, 2 big guys in the starting line up, thats so unfair. And all the gobbos have dodge...

=P
orochinagi

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Aries wrote:
man elves are broken, everyone on thier teams gets 4 agi and only needs 2s to do everything... and man norse broken too i mean everyone with block? they only fail with skulls... i mean thats crazy right?

dont get me started on halflings, no team vs them gets rerolls? i mean they get like 8 thats nuts, and theyre all stunty and can 1 turn score from their first game!

man this game is so broken....lets only play broken teams...

man... as it was said before they don't have av 9 and LOTS of skills at the beggining and are easy to dispose. You can get the elves/norse out of the field much sooner than you can get the dorfs(if you can get them out at all). Besides that all dorfs have str skills access... norse don't have it even though they all begin with block.

But imho I also agree that CDs are broken... somebody fix them quick!!!! Razz
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
man elves are broken, everyone on thier teams gets 4 agi and only needs 2s to do everything... and man norse broken too i mean everyone with block? they only fail with skulls... i mean thats crazy right?

dont get me started on halflings, no team vs them gets rerolls? i mean they get like 8 thats nuts, and theyre all stunty and can 1 turn score from their first game!

man this game is so broken....lets only play broken teams...

Shocked Shocked Shocked
I suppose this was just a joke, orochinagi... No need for serious answers... Confused

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Those gobbos mentioned have frenzy PO trolls and 3 DP gobbos, I'd say those stats help with the +100 casualties
 Jump to: