11 coaches online • Server time: 06:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are Chaos Dwarfs Broken?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 44 ]
No
48%
 48%  [ 75 ]
Dont Care
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
I Dont Care
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Super Glue'em Back Together DDF
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 154

PellePirat

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'd say both dwarf teams are a bit broken..
odi

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

olivers wrote:
Those gobbos mentioned have frenzy PO trolls and 3 DP gobbos, I'd say those stats help with the +100 casualties

True, I just picked the gobbos as a sarcastic comment. Because it seems that everybody thinks that everyone elses races are broken, so I'll blame the gobbos. Even though I play with them too. And Samuli's gobbos go back a long time, back to the old PO rule...
Majere

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I think CDs are broken. The combination of the bashing power of dwarfs + 2 ST4 MA9 bulls made them to strong. They even dont need the big guy they have.
kurre

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Markela wrote:
If you expect to go head to head versus either Dwarves or Chaos Dwarves be prepared to get smashed to pieces.
But take a look at the faction F1 and see how many broken Chaos Dwarf teams there are up there. For surely if they
were so broken they would be up there in numbers.
Right now F1 bolster 11 (out of 17) Elf teams and 0 Chaos Dwarf and 0 Dwarf teams.

Thats because noone wants to play them, so they get 0 games and get relegated.
odi

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

kurre wrote:

Thats because noone wants to play them, so they get 0 games and get relegated.

That's true... So very very true. That's the reason my dwarves are in fq... at one point they were in f1. I even retired a couple of players to make their tr/str smaller. So you can't use factions for speculation if a team is broken or not.
peikko

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Official statement:
Chaos dwarves are so broken they will be removed from stunty leeg.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Mirascael wrote:

Nevertheless, Bull Centaurs will lose general access soon, which should balance the chaos dwarf roster. I expect them to become as rare as amazons, so far they have been a favourite choice of coaches who want to play the best races available. But since they lack sex appeal in comparison to other races, they won't be picked by many coaches once they become bealanced under the new rules.

Why drop G access on bulls instead of dropping the BG as on dwarf teams? Dropping the BG means less power on the LOS and more weak hobgoblins on the pitch, but don't affect scoring potential too much.
peikko

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

has wrote:
Why drop G access on bulls instead of dropping the BG as on dwarf teams? Dropping the BG means less power on the LOS and more weak hobgoblins on the pitch, but don't affect scoring potential too much.

Because:
1) BC is one of the unique players in the whole game bringgin variety to game
2) Every good CD coach knows that BC's are really the ones making most of the td's while also beeing the blitzers bringin opponents ball carriers down.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Commone sense and game balance says

1) Remove big guy from CD teams just like they did for dwarves. They have 2 BCs so they need a BG even less
2) Remove Tackle from ALL dwarves. This will convince a few more agility teams to at least show up on the pitch for a match. Plus if the coach really wants tackle, then most likely we won't get Guard or Mighty Blow

But I think these ideas make too much sense compared to the "other" changes in the "vault"

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think dropping the big guy and leaving the bulls alone is probably the best thing to do. If the bulls lose gen skills they will go from the best players in the game to nearly worthless. Losing the big boy will remove a lot of there los str and bashing potential and still leave the team competitive. Making bulls lose gen skills will destroy chaos dwarves and i can't imagine how anoying it would be on fumbbl with grandfathered in bullcentaurs being so vastly superior to the new ones when the rules get changed. Plus removing general skills from a str four normal player just sets an ugly precedent, before you know it black orks and chaos warriors and saurus will all be str skill only and we will have to watch 4 teams get destoyed instead of just the cds.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'd do away with thick skull too. I mean, for crying out loud, even the runners have thick skull on the dwarf teams. Remove thick skull and tackle and the dwarves MIGHT be balanced. Look at what the norse give up in order to gain block on all their players... dwarves have so many skills and they don't give ANYTHING up, instead they get rewarded with additional skills. heres some food for thought, - in order to have a chaos warrior gain as many skills as a 6 spp longbeard with guard, the chaos warrior will need 51 spps AND a doubles to gain thick skull.
monboesen

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

And in order to get what a CW has naturally a LB must roll 10,11 and 12 on three of his (few) skill rolls. Attributes are better than skills, because they are harder to get.

The aforementioned CW with 5 4 3 9 Block, Tackle, Thick Skull and Guard is far better that a linedwarf.

That said I agree that when Bloodbowl is played as seriously and rough as here on fumbbl, both dwarves and chaos dwarves are too good as starting teams. Removing the big guy is a step in the right direction (and would be for all non-stunty teams) and loss of Str skills for BC looks good too.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My Post still going i wrote this when i was drunk does it even make any sence

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Just change every race`s beginning stats to 5/3/3/7 with no skills and stop whining. Very Happy

Jump to: