66 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What am I to do with it?
Implement all CRP rules and integrate with Fumbbl
46%
 46%  [ 53 ]
Use it as a test bed for new LRB
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Make variants like Rat Ogre Bowl & Deathroller racing
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Add Secret League rosters
15%
 15%  [ 18 ]
Eat a tasty pie
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 113

sonrises

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Really nice! Just played a few turns and it was very good. If you need testers, give a shout.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Understood, arry. I suspect it would bring in a fair number of users if you could alter orientation, but what you've done thus far is pretty amazing.

Minor bug: the end turn (d) hotkey did not work for me. Turn 1, orcs played, all players had moved or blocked. Had to hit the button instead. No biggy, but there it is.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that from a TT or Cyanide perspective? I really think it's a minor issue. Screens are longer horizontally so it's natural to go that way. On top of that, do the icons fit going vertical? Certainly you're not going to get icons designed to go that way.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Both I think. I've heard 8-10 people say they'd play here a lot more if the screen was vertical because they either play TT that way or started with Cyanide.

I don't think "the screen is horizontal" is a particularly relevant argument. We've not suddenly started doing our word processing in landscape.

Icons are icons. The ones we have work and could work just as well vertically as horizontally. The squares are, well, square, so they certainly fit.

Either way it sounds like arry has plenty to keep him busy for the moment, at least!
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm, I was used to playing vertically. Took me about three games to get used it.

I think HM has a point about icons though. I'm not sure I'd want to see the back of a centaurs butt a whole game. Shocked

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

How wonderfully adaptable you are Wink - personally I am old and set in my ways and cannot countenance such change, particularly when swapping between Cyanide, TT and FUMBBL.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair point. I could always adapt back. Very Happy

My adaptability comes from my many years as a circus trapeze. Adaptable body, adaptable mind my old Ringmaster used to say. Grenda the bearded lady thought it was bull crap.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

How can I change the teams?
arry

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

MDeLarge wrote:

Stay tuned. Next on my list is the remaining skills of the human v. orc rookies (i.e. their Big Guy and gobbo skills*), and after that is the ability to edit or import teams. So that the next task of implementing the rest of CRP skills is easier and more fun.

* TTM rules are crazy. Brain burns.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
MDeLarge wrote:

Stay tuned. Next on my list is the remaining skills of the human v. orc rookies (i.e. their Big Guy and gobbo skills*), and after that is the ability to edit or import teams. So that the next task of implementing the rest of CRP skills is easier and more fun.

* TTM rules are crazy. Brain burns.

What about pass block, OFAB, shadowing? Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

this is a great improvement!

2 things after playing a few actions:

this client is a bit slower than the current, perhaps it needs some optimisation (or is it just me? Very Happy)

"do you want to follow up?" is still a mile away, I'd like a popup, like the block dice.

EDIT: oe other thing; when will we be able to play this against other coaches?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
I don't think "the screen is horizontal" is a particularly relevant argument. We've not suddenly started doing our word processing in landscape.

A tabletopper also told me he couldn't bare to use a landscape orientation like in FUMBBL. Too accustomed to viewing a board from the end zone direction.
Strange as it is it would help attract users to FUMBBL (and maybe this client) if it could be viewed differently.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
A tabletopper also told me he couldn't bare to use a landscape orientation like in FUMBBL. Too accustomed to viewing a board from the end zone direction.
Strange as it is it would help attract users to FUMBBL (and maybe this client) if it could be viewed differently.

for me it's the opposite...
when I play TT, I need to sit at the end of the table to get the fumbbl view Very Happy :doh:
arry

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

What about pass block, OFAB, shadowing?

Good thing they're in the future rather than now.

Roland wrote:

EDIT: oe other thing; when will we be able to play this against other coaches?

How about right now? Just find out the username of the other coach and input it in the "Away coach name" field. Then give the game URL to the other coach.

The only difficulty is arranging it via some communication means other than the site proper. (IRC, Skype, Fumbbl PM...)

Other things are duly noted.
arry

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2015 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

New version is out, with the remaining skills for the rookie h-o matchup implemented. Have fun with throwing the gobbo and ignoring the tackle zones.

By the way:
dode74 wrote:
Minor bug: the end turn (d) hotkey did not work for me. Turn 1, orcs played, all players had moved or blocked. Had to hit the button instead. No biggy, but there it is.

That should be a 'D' (capital). I made it that way so that it's harder to hit accidentally. Easy to miss with the small font, it probably should display "Shift+D" for clarity.
 Jump to: