47 coaches online • Server time: 17:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What am I to do with it?
Implement all CRP rules and integrate with Fumbbl
46%
 46%  [ 53 ]
Use it as a test bed for new LRB
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Make variants like Rat Ogre Bowl & Deathroller racing
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Add Secret League rosters
15%
 15%  [ 18 ]
Eat a tasty pie
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 113

lethalkid

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2017 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

This is actually really cool. I would like to help so pm me please although I might not be all that useful
arry

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2017 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PSA: this site will be discontinued as of September 30, if not earlier, for two reasons, one of them technical (Red Hat sunsets the old version of Openshift, its hosting offering, where the site's hosted), and the other social (me being a lazy ass that cannot be bothered to migrate it to some other hosting). The source code is still available if anybody wants to take it elsewhere (I for sure would love to see it hosted somewhere, if only for the team builder, but see the social reason).

Thanks for the ride everyone! It was good to make something useful for you.
SeriliKirico

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2017 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
The source code is still available if anybody wants to take it elsewhere (I for sure would love to see it hosted somewhere, if only for the team builder, but see the social reason).

Would you mind if somebody would use it partially (with all due credits to the actual author, of course) in some other project? I'm pondering over creating some kind of opensource BB package (client + server + league software as a bundle), and it seem like enourmous amount of work. I really wouldn't want to develop the client from scratch as well, and I like your original JS client a lot, could be a great foundation. I just aiming to learn Python for webdevelopment, so don't want to deal with Perl in the backend..
arry

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2017 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, feel free to do whatever you want. The MIT license means exactly that, and I would use another license if I felt any other way.

Please note though that the JS part is just the UI, tightly coupled to the messages sent from the Perl backend that regulates all game logic, and mostly useless on its own.
SeriliKirico

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2017 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
Sure, feel free to do whatever you want. The MIT license means exactly that, and I would use another license if I felt any other way.

Please note though that the JS part is just the UI, tightly coupled to the messages sent from the Perl backend that regulates all game logic, and mostly useless on its own.

Thanks a lot Smile I'm not that well educated in all those licensing stuff, so I thought asking would be safer.

Yes, I've already studied it a bit, and it seems to me I'll may manage to migrate it to Django-based backend, with some try and error. It's just that a sheer thought of creating all those UI with sprites and everything myself from scratch frightens me even more. At this moment I'm seeking for any way to minimize amount of work, or otherwise I may never find enough courage to try it at all Smile If it'll ever develop into something decent (unlikely), I'll try to contact you again to sort out any possible licensing issues.

Thanks again for all your efforts on this, and, btw, nice project you have out there (Twilight Struggle TT implementation, I believe). I'll try it out probably as well Smile
 Jump to: