48 coaches online • Server time: 19:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I mates! I need the help of the good old Nerd Squad...
Two days ago, before java launched their new update, the FFB client worked perfectly in my MacBook and now I can't open it

I have an old MacBookPro5,5, which has a 2,26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, with 2 GB 1067MHz DDR3 of memory (I have to admit that I dunno what that mean)
I use Mac OS X 10.6.8 so I can't update java because it needs 10.7.3 and it's my girlfriend's laptop so I feel a little insecure for changing the OS or something that could make any malfunction to the macbook....

What could I do mates?

Please explain what I must do like if you were explaining to a 5 years old Gobbo, that is my informatics level.

Feel free to PM with possible solutions, thanks community
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't the update to Mac OS just a minor thing? It is not going from 10 to 11.. Probably Apple even recommend updates to due to security vulnerabilities, as Microsoft do.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2015 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I have updated the OS right now but I had the latest update of OS 10.6, so it didn't help. I can't update to 10.7 because it means that I have to buy the new OS (10.7)...
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2015 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds bad as my macbook is stuck on 10.6.8 as well Sad

You should be able to get a free update to one of the newer Mac OS versions (I think 10.9 or 10.10?) - check on the App Store for operating systems and there should be a free update option you can download.

If you can get the update working... well, that's another thing. I couldn't, but its claiming that my hard disk is broken in some way... another thing to on my never-ending list TODO list Sad

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2015 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't use java for anything else, disable warnings for outdated version and use Fumbbl with outdated java. Can be done from java security options but I don't know where to find it in mac.

And only if you don't find a way to update java.
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2015 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I've found a menu named "Java Preferences" and I tried to click some checkboxes in the "Advance" menu, but it didn't work Sad
I can't find any "disable java warnings" check box. Please, does someone know where is this option placed?
 Jump to: