40 coaches online • Server time: 14:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

i sometime have bad thoughts about pygmies

but then I tell my priest, and he says its all ok

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Both Sprint and Claw are just there for the fluff. At least the Claw provides synergy as a blitzer.

So, just drop Sprint and add Dodge. I think that'd fix them. (Ofc, if you did that you'd screw up my awesome Jag Swift Hunter, just like that last round of changes hosed my pair of Dauntless Gnoblar Bullies. (I'm not bitter though Smile )

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
...just like that last round of changes hosed my pair of Dauntless Gnoblar Bullies. (I'm not bitter though Smile )

If I change the Jags, I am considering starting a thread where people can post their double skilled Jags/Bullies/Doom Wheels and I will fix them for them with another regular skill.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 15:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
If I change the Jags, I am considering starting a thread where people can post their double skilled Jags/Bullies/Doom Wheels and I will fix them for them with another regular skill.

I think this would be a good idea. I can help with it if you need.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

So if I have a new Pygmy team I have never played will the skills be adjusted if changed? I have yet to play stunty yet but Pygmies are the team I created and are considering going with....

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
So if I have a new Pygmy team I have never played will the skills be adjusted if changed? I have yet to play stunty yet but Pygmies are the team I created and are considering going with....

Skills would update on all teams. You won't really notice it, especially if you have not played them much.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are we trying to buff a team that is already decent? The jags not having dodge just means you have to be mindful to protect what are already pretty dangerous killers. That or choose dodge on a normal.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Not about buff for me, it is about fluff. A Jaguar who cannot dodge? makes zero sense. You have much more bashy Stunties with Dodge.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see if for fluff but it will make the team alot stronger. Do we know why the original team creators left out dodge for this position? It must have been for a reason.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you serious Kam?

You have pretty much played only one team in stunty, have an amazing record with them and now you want to buff the only weakness on one of the strongest stunty teams?

You think they are frustrating to play now? You should have played them when NONE of the positional players had dodge and had only agility skill access. This forced Eagles, Jags and Gators to take dodge first and Jags with no general skill access were pretty much useless. Of course most stunty teams were weaker then but the new Pygmies are extremely efficient and effective by comparison.

Giving dodge to Jags/Gators would be a huge mistake in my opinion, I think the team should be weakened if anything. I would recommend trying more stunty teams to give you a better overview of stunty leeg before suggesting changes as there are many teams in greater need of changes then Pygmies.

Whatball I really hope you don't make any ill advised changes to the Pygmy roster. If it about fluff and not a buff make sure they are balanced by weakening the team in some way if the Jaguars really need to have dodge.
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41, they used to lack dodge on ALL positional players. I don't know why it was given to the Eagles and not Jags but i would assume it was to keep them from being too powerful.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, Mossbeard makes a good point. My Pygmy team is 16-5-2 (admittedly, this is largely due to two Block Krox), and those two losses came on back to back dicings during the Nightmare. Swift Hunter is a badass, and my other Jag is a rookie who's played 12 matches (he can't seem to skill up because he's always KO'd or hurt).

I've gotten both Gators to MB, Dodge, and they're decent players now. Buffing the team by adding Dodge to the Jags would be pretty significant.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Mossbeard wrote:

Giving dodge to Jags/Gators would be a huge mistake in my opinion, I think the team should be weakened if anything. I would recommend trying more stunty teams to give you a better overview of stunty leeg before suggesting changes as there are many teams in greater need of changes then Pygmies.

+1
ElanTheBard

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So let me understand, you've got:

- The best big guy of all stunty

- mov 7 ball carrier

- 2 useful positionals, definetly not too powerful but with their peculiar strenghts (alligators and jaguars)

- probably the best linemen of all stunty (st2 mov6 shadowing spam)

and you want to add something else?
If you give dodge on jaguars, you need a major nerf somewhere else, and I don't think that will help the fluff as well...

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ryld wrote:
So let me understand, you've got:

- The best big guy of all stunty

- mov 7 ball carrier

- 2 useful positionals, definetly not too powerful but with their peculiar strenghts (alligators and jaguars)

- probably the best linemen of all stunty (st2 mov6 shadowing spam)

and you want to add something else?
If you give dodge on jaguars, you need a major nerf somewhere else, and I don't think that will help the fluff as well...

Best BG in Stunty is the Spawn. Then there is the Doom Wheel, Strig Lord, and mechas even though they aren't really BGs. Kris are not the best imo.

Eagle warriors are good, yes. Not the best, but good.

Best linemen? No way. Gnomes are better. Regenerating Nurgz are useful too. 6AV linos are garbage. End of story. AV7 makes a difference

When has anyone won any tournament with Pygmies? And we are talking about dodge on 2 players in a league that is 90+% dodge.