31 coaches online • Server time: 18:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, ok, I know. All say the deathroller is not worth the price of admission. My question is, do you think that still holds true at higher TV in the box?

I am considering purchasing one. At 1600+TV you see a ton of claw so any of your players could disappear at any time. This thing is probably sticking around for an entire half causing mayhem where ever it goes. In the center of your cage it is going nowhere.

Run a squad of 14 dwarfs, and one good drive could be enough to get you the win or at the very least a tie.

Oh, and in a realm where you often play up 100+ TV you will be able to afford a bribe too.

Thoughts?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The Roller is a piece of crap.
It's useful in some games, and always a good inducement, but as a teammate with loner it's a TV sink.

Now, if it still had it's old +4 on foul rolls...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25756&highlight=
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Death roller is great in open Leagues, particularly at higher TVs. It is completely useless against Elves (unless you manage to roll a skill double and get diving tackle). In ranked and blackbox where you play even TV games it is more questionable.

Basically it evens out your performances:

Makes you a bit worse against teams you already have an advantage over (essentially elves and skaven) and a lot better against teams you normally have problems with (Khemri, Lizardmen, nurgle, Chaos, Orcs etc).

I have found it to be one of the only counters against claw heavy teams. Use the death roller to attract attention, just don't let it get isolated to the point that it can be actually taken out.

I actually managed to win SWL with a death roller on this team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=767231 . I was surprised how good it turned out in practice, not many people thought it was a good idea.

The death roller is easily the single best piece you can field on a blood bowl field, its only drawback is that you usually get to field it just once...

Oscar Wilde
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I rate it, although I've always felt DT is the first double, against the advice of everyone. Just pointing out that when it comes to dwarves, call me John Snow.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to what Grod said.

I'm one of the few people who think it's a good idea to use the roller. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with fred durst on this one
it may be a loner but it has no on-field negatrait
also its super cool
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't think of any other reason for playing Dwarves.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Thought 1: Fun / cool.

Thought 2: Diving Tackle.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, after reading the other deathroller thread, I decided to give it a shot. See how it goes.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I just tried the roller as an inducment along with a bribe. It was pretty damn useful actually.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

In my tt League it gets a lot of attention and has been very beneficial.
First skill +MA 2nd Dodge next skill hmmmmmm not yet
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is it so useless against elfs? Because they score quick and send it off? Maybe, but you should pack a bribe when you can...

It's still (usually) three dice on any elf, and with break tackle it can get into screens and cages if you can force that situation or if your opponent just isn't setting it up right.

Though, I don't care for it myself, but if you are a lower TV dwarf team in a league I'd give it strong consideration since you can induce bribes.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I love my deathroller which has sneaky git and jump up. Plus it is a league team that plays in the All Stars league so we always seem to get 2 or 3 bribes per match.

In the end it is all about getting bribes.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2015 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I read the title and my imidiate thought was: how amazing is it that we have drollers in this ruleset?

...if you are into metagaming a droller I'd spontaneously recommend hording tons of cash and then inducing bribes every game.

That being said I haven't come around to run a dwarf team with a droller yet. Dwarves are kinda boring unfortunately.
 Jump to: