87 coaches online • Server time: 22:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2015 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

There's no need to do it after 'x' games. Table as of day 'x' is more than sufficient.

Tie breakers are as per the individual tournament. Should I need to work them out for the top 4, I will.
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Legends In There Own Lunchtime
Round 2 Scores:

Blocknroll 0
Radster 0
Bobafettsmum 1
Dalfort 1
Lemf 0
Russo 0

Total:2

Overall Score after 2 rounds: 9

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta say, looking at the teams, especially those exclusively in NA and Australia have put themselves at a serious disadvantage. Some of them are 6 people in a group of 20.. meaning a third of the coaches in the group belong to the same team... you'd kind of expect 2 of them to run into each other twice in every round...

Pure Euroteams like Waterbowl are kinda off the hook. since there are so many... But now I gotta kinda wonder if a team like the NAF can really keep up with the top four considering how many points they'll drop along the road (so far they seem to have been lucky tho)...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I was unexpectedly busy last night, OP to be updated this.

I think, Wreckage, that it's best to remember that this is an individual event with a team meta tournament attached. Much like the real World Cup, it's nice that people are playing 'with' friends. There is no need to split across timezones and over-think it. Wink
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I was unexpectedly busy last night, OP to be updated this.

I think, Wreckage, that it's best to remember that this is an individual event with a team meta tournament attached. Much like the real World Cup, it's nice that people are playing 'with' friends. There is no need to split across timezones and over-think it. Wink

riiight... unless you want to beat Team Waterbowl that is of course Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

OP updated! Good job, all, it's looking tight! I'm sure the script is working well, but should you spot an anomaly, please shout below.

And I've never really been good at 'the banter'. The Waterbowl may currently be top, but we're doing a reasonable job of trying to beat ourselves. We all entered the (albeit largest) same timezone group, we turned up without a third of the WC team (although our other league mates will do a stand up job in their absence) and we dropped points by going off abroad to play BB and getting delayed coming home.

We're just playing, enjoying ourselves (and the cheering each other on aspect of the tournament) and seeing where we end up after six rounds. I can recommend it, rather than over analysing it too much! Wink
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

We're just playing, enjoying ourselves (and the cheering each other on aspect of the tournament) and seeing where we end up after six rounds. I can recommend it, rather than over analysing it too much! Wink

To me it's all the same. Being competitive means having a good time. When you open a format to play in you shouldn't be suprised when people take it seriously.

That said, I think my group is much more than as you put it earlier.. a bunch of mercenaries. We're all old fumbbl veterans and have quite a history here. But we still want to win.

As for the individual tournament, think of it like this: There are about a 160 coaches in the tournament but only about 18 teams. We're playing swiss, so it's 6 games whether you have any shot at winning your group or not. For coaches like those in my group anything less than winning is a form of failing. Once you have lost or tied a game or two the rest of the tournament is basically extended suffering.
The team challenge offers a way to keep interest in the events and to work towards a goal that is numerically much easier to accomplish. At the same time it offers a platform to coordinate and to cooperate and pulls you to try to win not just for yourself but also for everyone else on your team.

But at the core of that solidarity is really just that analysis, that cooperation that brings people together.

So how can you say it shouldn't matter?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I should think this is a loss of translation (or at least I hope it is, I'm sure you're not just poking about forums looking for disagreements!). Just enjoy yourself, however you choose to do so. So long as we're all having fun, win. Wink
Azure

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage makes good points I agree with. I like the team aspect quite a bit.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think anyone is disagreeing, anywhere. Just a lost in translation thing over an Internet forum, surely the most clumsy of communication forms. Wink

Glad everyone is enjoying it, carry on!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I see that m0gw41
Quote:
has come in as a substitute for a seemingly inactive
lolvenom. That pushed SLOBB below four players which apparently broke their score. I'll be deleting lolvenom and try to figure out whats wrong.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2015 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Our OP has been updated (SLOBB issues aside)! The table now features the position from last week, so we can track movers and shakers.

Team Fantastic have taken the Waterbowl's position at the top, and Joe le Taxi have jumped into the top 4. Sorry Aboot Blocking You, eh? Had a tough round, from equal 6th to equal 11th.

A whole half of a tournament still to play for, exciting times ahead!

(Lolvenom left us due to an unexpected thing cropping up. I think m0gw41 has replaced him on team SLOBB)
DarkOrk20

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The math on the chart is wrong or am I missing some scoring thing? Team USFL should have 19 points at the end of round 3?

Tom
Azure

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

DarkOrk20 wrote:
The math on the chart is wrong or am I missing some scoring thing? Team USFL should have 19 points at the end of round 3?

Top 4 scores count only for each team.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2015 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite so. DarkOrk20, I'm going to PM the captains in round 6 and get them to check the score of their respective teams, just to make sure the script has pulled the results through correctly. There will be a short gap between R6 and the team playoffs where we can ensure all is well.

OP is updated! As ever there is a slight stagger with some groups moving faster than others, but can Team Fantastic be caught by the sixth equal teams now? It's a long way for them to fall out of the playoffs! Having said that, there are some great coaches that have had unlucky starts and are now recovering their tournaments; creeping up the table... Even on a quick skim, there are some great games this round where team playoffs could be effected. I'll try to profile three on Wednesday. Exciting times! Very Happy
 Jump to: