101 coaches online • Server time: 21:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
madDoctor

Post 22 Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Does Fame add to winnings in FUMBBL? Looking at the CRP it says to roll a d6 add fame and multiply by 10,000 and 10,000 if you win.

Is this the case or is the formula for the site different? A recent match I played with my Slann the Southland Squashed Frogs they started with a FF of 5 went up to 6 and won the match, shouldn't the minimum winnings at that point be 80,000?

I can understand as this is a ranked team if they changed how winnings work to keep the bankrolls a little tighter as many teams I've seen at high TVs have played several hundred games.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

yes

but fan factor is not the same as Fame

Fame is something different, which you can find out all about by reading the rules

have a lovely day

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The site works exactly as per CRP. The point here is that FAME is not the same as FF (Fan Factor). Fan Factor can be up to 18, but FAME is only ever 1 or 2. So if you win, and roll FAME +2 at the start of the game, your minimum winnings is 40k. That's the highest the minimum will ever reach.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Reading comprehension Thanks all! I just remember reading in some of the racial strategies awhile back to put money in FF to increase winnings. Now I know!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be LRB 4 and would have been an LRB4 guide, where FF worked differently and had more bearing on your winnings.
Vortex138

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2015 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It can still affect winnings, by giving you a slight boost and more fans. It affects the kickoff table now more than anything tho.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2015 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

FAME gets calculated as:
Both coaches roll:
2d6+ Fan Factor

The coach who gets the higher result gets Fame +1.

If his result is more than twice as high he gets Fame +2.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2015 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Vortex138 wrote:
It can still affect winnings, by giving you a slight boost and more fans. It affects the kickoff table now more than anything tho.

The flaw is that small differences in FF are not so important, since 2d6 are rolled and added to FF to see what coach has the highest FAME, so in CRP FF can be a TV bloat for no benefit.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2015 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Nowdays, the conventional wisdom is, don't buy FF. Just leave it at zero. Sometimes in league formats (and Royal Rookie Rumbles) there are occasions when you could spend a little excess cash buying a couple points of FF. Maybe.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2015 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Nowdays, the conventional wisdom is, don't buy FF. Just leave it at zero. Sometimes in league formats (and Royal Rookie Rumbles) there are occasions when you could spend a little excess cash buying a couple points of FF. Maybe.
Or you're playing Flings/Snots/Goblins and have a lot of starting bank to waste.
 Jump to: