33 coaches online • Server time: 11:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post 23 Posted: May 17, 2004 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently only couple stunty races have star players. Althought they are small, they should all have star players to destroy their treasure. This is your opportunity to suggest new star to your favourite stunty race.

When making your suggestion keep couple things in mind; they dont need to be super players. They don't even need to be big guys.

Extra points for providing amusing player potrait with your suggestion.

Last edited by peikko on Oct 20, 2004 - 13:05; edited 1 time in total
clockbob

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

i think that is any stutny teams have star players, then all stunty teams have star players. It is not fair when poeple take advantage of this obvious difference in a tournament situation. In a recent stunty cup 6 game, i was already down by aobut 100tr points when Albator2001 decided to hire ripperbolgart. this was unfair as i had no way to respon, and i then had no way to win
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well an obivous choice would be to give Ripper to the snots and cflings, Deeproot to the fairys, Grashnak to the cflings, Luthor to the vampflings (hmm bit powerful but he is the most likely star) Squigs and cheaters could have any of the gobbo stars (except the BG's as they dont have BG players)

for the pygmies and skinks Im unsure as Sibilli is the only lizard star and he doesnt fit either team.
peikko

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Great clockbob, you got it, this thread IS about making star player or star players to those races that are now missing them.

And Michael, this is stunty leeg, we are not goin to take the obvious road. This is about creating new and unique starts, like that ostrich rider lunatic for pygmy, hmmm, 6 3 2 8 Star, Ball&Chain, Dauntless that rides the bird but not controlling it...
Twahn

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
And Michael, this is stunty leeg, we are not goin to take the obvious road. This is about creating new and unique starts, like that ostrich rider lunatic for pygmy, hmmm, 6 3 2 8 Star, Ball&Chain, Dauntless that rides the bird but not controlling it...

Can't we do both? Ostrich rider, LOL. Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
peikko

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
Can't we do both?

I have blind fait in Fumbblers that they will invent way much more funny stars than the existing ones...
I know everybody will have better idea than the ones that will get created, but for once say it before they are implemented Wink
EvolveToAnarchism

Post 16 Posted: May 17, 2004 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

When designing stars, try to take into account the power levels of the teams. Here's a few suggestions:

Skinks are potent and don't need any big guys. I'd avoid suggesting big guys at all costs. My personal preference is Minixorus (M6 S3 A1 AV7 Dodge, Stunty, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull 100k) and to up the mayhem factor I'd consider a Salamander (M4 ST4 A1 AV8 Big Guy, Thick Skull, Wild Animal, Poison Dagger, Claw 100K).

Goblin Cheaters need some serious help. I'd recommend a Doom Diver Catapult (M0 ST2 AG3 AV8 Pass, Blunderbuss, TTM, Always Hungry 100K), and I'd be tempted to add the Six Million Gold Piece Grot (M7 ST3, AG4 AV8 Stunty, Right Stuff, Iron Man, Chainsaw, Pogo, Bombs, Blunderbuss 6 Million GP)

Goblins already have plenty of stars.

Chaos Halflings deserve a tribute star: the Wacky Wielder of the Halibut of Tzeentch and perhaps a nifty chaos fling freak with Always Hungry.

Snotlings could use a quick little snotling. No big guys are needed.

Gnomes could use some decent help. Cusimano, the Gentle Giant (M4 ST10, AG1 AV9 Thick Skull, Block Priceless) and Weevol Knievel (M5 ST3 AG3 AV7 Block, Dauntless, Frenzy, Thick Skull, Pro, Stunty)

Halflings could use a chef type player perhaps with guard to represent how he inspires the troops.

Nurglings don't need much help so should get a weak star or two.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Old Thread: Stars for Stunty League!

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

nurglings dont need help? with 2agi???? nurglings should have 2 stars, a beast with RSC and block and a big hand, 6mv 3agi 2head nurgling
Miyuso

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

One Thing I've always dreamed of was a Halfling with Frenzy and Dauntless. I'll work on stats and background at get back to you.

Brad
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Aries wrote:
nurglings dont need help? with 2agi???? nurglings should have 2 stars, a beast with RSC and block and a big hand, 6mv 3agi 2head nurgling

Nurglings overall record: 45 / 19 / 35 Looks pretty impressive. It might have something to do with having the best BG in stunty.

I hope people try and make unique fluffy stars rather than uber stars like Griff and the Count. We also don't need stars that overcompensate for a team's weaknesses.

Beast with RSC and block is on the uberstar side of the equation.
M6 A3 two-headed nurgling looks like overcompensating for their weaknesses.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Play Balance Article

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes: how about...

Hobo Gnome 5 3 3 8 Dauntless, Frenzy, Block

Hobo's are ALWAYS up for a fight.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

There was another post somewhere about star players but I cant seem to find it at the moment.

EDIT: Found it

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1904&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Grod

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. Snottling star player:

Hisa Kwikwun 5 1 3 6, thick skull, regen, dodge, two heads, right stuff, stunty, sprint, jump up. 50k

Last edited by Grod on May 17, 2004 - 14:36; edited 1 time in total
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Khornish Hen, chaos Halfing Berserker, Star Player (always freeboots)

5 2 3 6 Stunty, Block, Wild Animal, Frenzy, Dauntless, claw, regeneration, Battlefield Duties (take Root).

Note that he finds dodging beneath him, why dodge what you can hit, and he refuses to be thrown, why fly when can hit. Of course his duties on the battlefield are always present so he may not show up for a game on time, and he'll never stick around on a team for long.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurglings dont need any more power players, but perhaps a 6 2 3 7 Regen, Thick Skull, Two Heads 60 K

Just little players who are amusing.

And the Snotling with Piling On is always amusing,

Flings Rule!
 Jump to: