37 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2004 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

bump
Whats going on with this

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2004 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think give goblin cheaters a death roller - Piloted by a gobbo wearing a fake beard and a pilfered dwarf helmet. Ok so its pretty powerful, but it gets sent off half the time, and if downed stays downed.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2004 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:
Well an obivous choice would be to give Ripper to the snots and cflings, Deeproot to the fairys, Grashnak to the cflings, Luthor to the vampflings (hmm bit powerful but he is the most likely star) Squigs and cheaters could have any of the gobbo stars (except the BG's as they dont have BG players)

for the pygmies and skinks Im unsure as Sibilli is the only lizard star and he doesnt fit either team.

In the interim, until something more substantial happens, can this not be done?
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2004 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Its gotta be said that the lack of stars for most stunty teams can really mess you up in tourney games against unscrupulous Goblin player (halflings pretty much suck anyhow) who will hire Ripper and co. even with a TR advantage.
To get to the point, something needs doing, the sooner the better.

Post 14 Posted: Sep 20, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Chaos Halflings deserve a tribute star: the Wacky Wielder of the Halibut of Tzeentch

I totally agree on this. Mighty Halibut back to the field!
Wombats

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2004 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Freebooters smuggled on the black market from the Southern Wastes League available for all teams:

80K "Rabid Drop Bear" or "Rabid Combat Wombat" 5 3 3 7 Wild Animal, Frenzy, Claw, No Hands, Loner, Pro

Hailing from the ochre sands of Didjabringabeeralong these freebooters/secret weapons arrive in reinforced steal cages along with a warranty from Bruce's Endangered Species Mail Order (Payments accepted by postal order or the keg).
In the historic ruling of 2493 a last minute appeal from the Referee's Union designated imported species as players counting towards the on-field limit and not secret weapons, owing to the difficulty in confiscating psychotic marsupials tanked up on hallucinogenic mushrooms and beer.

Turnover machine made for moving last and inflicting pain on both teams and/or himself.
Pro is there to reduce Wild Animal issues and the whole Frenzy with no Block caper.
Wanted to give him OFAB so he could attack his own team mates but I think they all need Thrall for that? Pity.
Would make him a wild card with as much opportunity to chew his team mates as the opponents.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2004 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Korso wrote:
EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Chaos Halflings deserve a tribute star: the Wacky Wielder of the Halibut of Tzeentch

I totally agree on this. Mighty Halibut back to the field!

Why has this not been submitted?

Isn't Aequitas or someone the sacred weilder of the Halibut (Registered Trade Mark).

They should submit something and use weird stuff like Sidestep, Jump Up and Shadowing so no matter where you try to run it's a Halibut in the face for you and there's no stopping it.

CFling stas with Block, Sidestep, Jump Up, Dodge, Tackle and Shadowing?
Maybe Dauntless so not even Ogres are safe from a good fish slapping?

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Peikko, whats happening with this?

Been waiting ages for some new stars to try out.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

At the moment none of the current stars of BB have negtraits, except for Thrud who has bone head.
Thats one of the reasons why they are stars, Ripper Bolgrot is no longer really stupid, and he doesnt need to eat the goblin in his hand because he knows that he is a star and will get loads of 'snacks' after the game.
Just thought i should mention this. Smile
Player_2

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2004 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

They could just have normal player stats with basic skills like Block or Tackle maybe a nurgling with big had and a goblin with catch
or a +ag stat for an easy landing

A cfling with dp would also be nice
Buur

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

here is the starplayer for the new smurf team
(if they arent included on the roaster)
Black Smurf 5226
dodge, stunty, rightstuff, foul appearence, razor sharp fangs, infect. with infect giving a new star for next match....

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Right so you kill an ogre and he will turn into a black smurf? =)

Post 16 Posted: Oct 13, 2004 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my take on the Stunty Stars that I'd like to see added to the Stunty Leeg. Thanks to all, who've contributed ideas in this thread.

Chaos Halflings
Logan Chaos Halfling Superhero M5 ST2 AG3 AV8 Stunty, Dodge, Right Stuff, Claw, Frenzy, Thick Skull, Wild Animal
Comments: The whole reason the Chaos Halflings were add was because someone thought it would be cool to have a bunch of Razor Sharp Clawed stunties. So, I feel it's only fitting that the early days of stunty are honoured by creating a Clawed chaos fling star, and I think Logan (or some derivative reference to Wolverine) would be suitably stunty.

Fairies
Jonstuarght Satyr M6 ST2 AG3 AV7 Stunty, Dodge, Horns, Leader, No Hands, Hypnotic Gaze
Comments: I couldn't help myself with the spoof name The Wisp also has potential but might be tricky cludging the most appropriate skills.

Gnome
Cusimano, the Gentle Giant M4 ST 9 AG 1 AV 10 Bonehead, Multiple Block, Thick Skull, Throw Team Mate
Comments: Of all the stunty stars, Cusimano is the one I'd champion the hardest for. The gnomes were Cusi's creation, and I only think it would be suitable to memoralize him with this star.

Weevol Knievel Daredevil M5 ST2 AG3 AV7 Block, Thick Skull, Dauntless, Frenzy, Right Stuff, Leap, Pro, Bombs
Comments: I hope a few people got the reference here. Inspired by the legendary daredevil, he certainly belongs on a team that likes to play with danger.

Goblin
Comments: Already have enough stars. Potentially throw the whole Stunty Stars concept out of balance. Do we really want to use Goblin Star player access as the baseline for Stunty Stars. I'd rather not see BG stars in the Leeg. Can we live with the anomaly that is goblins or can we have another solution to their distorted stars?

Goblin Cheaters
Doom Diver Catapult Goblin Secret Weapon M0 ST3 AG3 AV10 Pass, Blunderbuss, Throw Team Mate
Comments: Classic goblin mayhem machine. Is it needed in the Cheaters Roster, or should it belong to the Herders, or both?

Steef Ozztin the Six Million Gold Piece Grot M6 ST2, AG3 AV8 Stunty, Right Stuff, Dodge, Chainsaw, Pogo
Comments: Another reference that might need some explaining. I love this one. A bionic grot with a suitably outlandished combination of secret weapons. One of my favourites.

Halfling
Bork the Sous-Chef M5 ST2 AG3 AV6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Guard, Stake
Comments: If we can work around the fumbbl code and give the halflings some new stars, I'd like to see the fluffy Hot Pot added. An onfield sous-chef with guard (as the halflings work extra hard to protect their dinner) and Stake (to represent a chopping knife). A suitably silly chef name would be needed; perhaps (Bork?

Nurglings
Smolpox the Flatulent M5 ST2 AV2 AV7 Dodge, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Stunty, Foul Apperance
Comments: A star that plays up the nurgling fluff would be a good idea (FA). Another option would be a tentacled stunty but I'm less fond of it as I believe the Horrors roster will feature ST2 stunty horrors.

Pygmy
Zohnik the Hedgehog Warrior M5 ST2 AG3 AV6 Right Stuff, Stunty, Dodge, Spikes, Leap, Sure Feet, Sprint
Comments: Liked this one alot. Bonus points for silly referent. A spikey and quick totem warrior.

Skink
Minixorus M6 S3 A1 AV7 Stunty, Mighty Blow
Comments: My favourite name of from the first attempt at stunty stars.

Snotling
Fuhlee Snotling Flicker M4 ST1 AG3 AV5 Dodge, Regenerate, Thick Skull, Stunty, Two Heads, Right Stuff, Strong Arm, Dump Off
Comments: I know everyone thinks a dauntless stunty would be REALLY cool, but we've already got Orcslayers as a gnome schtick. But if anyone deserves a silly skill it would be a snotling star. I'd go with the more clever Strong Arm (or even Piling On). Flicker Referrent

Squig Herders
Gumlig da Venomuz Spida M6 ST2 AG3 AV7 Dodge, Stunty, Tentacles, Poisoned Dagger
Comments: I really liked this suggestion. A dastardly goblin netter.

Strigoyan
Jack Lunden the White Acolyte M6 ST2 AG3 AV7 Dodge, Regenerate, Stunty, Off For a Bite, Right Stuff, Undead, Fangs, Block
Comments: Since the Strigoyans lost Fangs for play balance, maybe a Fanged star player might be fun. Again, a silly referrent for the name.

I've listed the best Stars from this thread. I'd rather go with quality over quantity, so I've generally only chosen one star for each race. I've avoided generating uber-stars as I find those rather dull. I've focused on creating fluffy stars with clever names Twisted Evil

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Recommended Reading

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dubya Bush

For Faeries, how about a Dryad? Mv 3 Str 3 or 4, Ag 1, Av 9, Stand Firm ,Mightly Blow, Thick Skull. Think of it as a younger Treeman who hasn't taken root yet, which means he's slightly faster, always is on time, but isn't as strong or as tough as the original. Could be good for those who want something to start the game all the time and have some chance to stop ramaging BG's with a Faerie team if the trees all take root.

Brad
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2004 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really like most of Evolves suggestions above. A star player needs to be worth hiring, else there is little point in adding them in the first place. I don't want them to be all about blodge but each star should get a couple of skills or increases. Preferably unusal combinations so they don't end up as typical players of their teams. The pygmy above for example is worse than a 6 SPP eagle warrior and would never be used.