24 coaches online • Server time: 09:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Eaters won only two majors. An unbeatable team would won all.

Every team is beatable, or can loose some of its key players during a tournament.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think ALL MAJORS should stay, they have a nice history behind. The only thing is How often they should kick off.
5 MAJORS a year? FC + 2 ranked + 2 box? FC every year. The other rotate so you close the cycle every 2 years ( year and a half in box)

Down to 5 will free space to accomodate ALL the other minors or new ones/formats coming. Minor Tournaments could rise their profile and participation, and MAJORS become more an unique special event.

The bigger minors (XFL, R/B Minors) may need to take a cut too...not only MAJORS...well, all this depends On what type of tournament circuit you'd like to have...

Long and difficult discusiĆ³n Smile

Last edited by sonrises on Sep 03, 2015 - 12:10; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:

Do you honestly believe there are too many tournaments? As I have never heard this said before. Or are you just using that as an excuse to try and get merged tournaments?

Well, what are you planning to do with the Tour?

Are you adding six tournaments? Are they cross division? Sounds not. That would make twelve.

As long as people are joining and there are enough staff to run them then fair enough.

There is no need to reduce the Majors. If anything the issue is people not getting in.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
+1 to rotation. However I would still prefer FC+1+1 majors.

Why? You don't have to play in them.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not about the amount. Right now it's just that the schedules cover the full year and there are no overlapping tourneys for the same div. So you could always apply to a major with the same team.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are talking tourney saturation, remember that not everyone play both Ranked an Box.

For example, I don't play ranked, so for me only the following tourneys exist:

Fumbbl Cup, Black Cup, Wheel of Chaos, Crown of Sand, Blackbox Minors
... brawls, and now rumbles, xfl

I'd imagine this is similar for many - but far from all - coaches.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

On the other hand, when you add in the Stunty Leeg Majors, the saturation for some of us is even higher. Not that I think that's a bad thing. Tourneys and Metagroups are pretty much all I play. If anything (and I've said this before) I'd like to see more of them; specifically minors for S.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
specifically for S.
That is more whatball's park tho, so bug him, send some fairies to inspire him when he dreams.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as the interest in Majors remains high, why would anyone want to reduce them?

I agree SMACKs are currently not working, ok so let's fix that, but leave Majors be! I tend to think that a weekly rotation might be good for SMACKs, along with a little more Buzz. So one week's ROO and one week's VET and so on. Plus, maybe some meta group event like the ARR Brawl. If I could think of a good one I'd already have started it...
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I play all kinds of majors and I don't find there are too many. It's not like anyone always makes the finals so there are often large gaps between kick offs anyway. It only gets tight if you go on a deep run and it's not like that happens all the time.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
As long as the interest in Majors remains high, why would anyone want to reduce them?

+1
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

There is no need to reduce the Majors. If anything the issue is people not getting in.

Part of this is simply not being aware. I almost missed the Black Cup because I was expecting it to be in August like all the literature on the site implied. I wasn't the only one caught off guard by that.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Many thanks to PC, and good luck (and thanks) to easilyamused!

easilyamused wrote:
sonrises wrote:
Another thing that IMHO is calling for a rethinking is MAJORS qualifiers. At least MAJORS should be timezone friendly. NAF has proved that is possible to engage different timezones if the right format is put in place.

The only problem with this is that it dosn't solve the problem in the main draw where we are back to the existing format.

Which means it solves 87.5% of the problem (assuming 8-player qualifiers).

SzieberthAdam wrote:

Every team is beatable, or can loose [sic] some of its key players during a tournament.

Awww yeah! Luckiest foul ever. =D
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

When I pointed out that there where to many tournaments and maybe reduce them it was in the vein of increasing participation.

I do not think there needs to be a reduction because I think all the coaches that want to play in tournaments have more than enough choice and are not being denied entry because of to many entrants.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2015 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
koadah wrote:

Part of this is simply not being aware. I almost missed the Black Cup because I was expecting it to be in August like all the literature on the site implied. I wasn't the only one caught off guard by that.

What I meant was that for some of them if you haven't pimped up your team or/and maybe been lucky and picked the right race you might not get in.

Fumbbl Cup and Black Cup at least take everyone.

Jump to: