38 coaches online • Server time: 10:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noxnoctum

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2015 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I can think of many situations where if I use up a RR while dodging or GFI I don't want to risk a tough pass anymore. Is there no way to do this? I was introduced to this game through Cyanide BB which let you do just that. Is the way it seems to be implemented currently in the Java program more true to the boardgame rules or am I missing something?

EDIT: Sorry for the flood of topics... I think I need to just compile a list of questions and post it.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2015 - 16:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Declaring the pass doesn't force you to throw it, so if you used up a re-roll and didn't want to risk it you'd just keep hold of the ball and end the player's move.

This uses up your pass action, but who else is going to be able to pass if that guy has the ball? It only really affects teams with TTM in that regard.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
noxnoctum

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2015 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ok that makes sense, didn't really think it through then I guess.

For TTM though, no loop hole then?
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2015 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyanide Blood Bowl implemented this incorrectly. You have to declare the pass before moving for a number of reasons,

e.g. sometimes it may be easier to hand off to score but you want to try farm some spp so select throw, however you burn a rr while dodging which means you would have been better off handing off, rather than risking 2 3+ rolls or whatever, but its too late because you made a bad decision.

another example - the ball may be on the ground and you want to pick it up and throw it with a vampire, but he fails blood lust, which means he cannot complete that action because there will be no one to bite.

There are many other examples of why it is important that this rule is handled correctly. Fortunately Fumbbl has got it right, just another reason why cyanide sucks really.

Don't worry though you will only make the mistake once or twice and you will be used to doing it properly, we've all been there.

edit: TTM counts as a pass, so same rules apply, but again you do not have to do the TTM even though you selected it, just click on your player again to end turn.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2015 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok as long as it's true to the rules that's all that really matters to me Smile. I will probably be burned a few times though before remembering Wink.
 Jump to: