26 coaches online • Server time: 01:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Charlesson

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2015 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I played box match.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3720689

The second team conceded with only one man on field, but I didnt obtain second MVP and his star players did not tryto leave the team.

Is there any rule I do not know, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
I am still new here.

Charlesson
Calcium

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2015 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, I just had a coach concede against me and didn't get awarded the 2nd MVP...

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2015 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It is known.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2015 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If you conceed with 3 or less players on pitch you shouldn't suffer repercussions from the concession. That is a bit inaccurately implemnted exception from the rulebook that states if you have 3- players on kick off you can conceed with no repercussions..
So it's rather a difference from the boardgame than a bug.
Wex

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2015 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

A player that concedes (see page 15) before setting up for a kick-off where he could only field 2 or less players suffers no additional penalties. If one coach concedes the match for any other reason then the winner gains all of the loser’s winnings and MVP from this match. In addition, the loser automatically loses one Fan Factor and may not roll for a new one, and any players in the loser’s team that have 51 SPPs or more will leave the team on a D6 roll of 1-3. Roll separately for each player with 51 or more SPPs to see if they leave.

Relevant Section:
A player that concedes... before setting up for a kick-off where he could only field 2 or less players suffers no additional penalties.

2 or less players suffers no additional penalties. Therefore, suffers a basic loss, and nothing else. LRB6, page 29.
baconz

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2015 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

someones salty he didnt get to murder my wolf. normally i wouldnt care but in this instance

TOO BAD ITS ME BLACKSMITH!

sorry i cant find the image to go with the meme on the web anymore.
dont go around bashing people down to 3 players and maybe this wouldnt have this problem Razz
KAPPA

on a somewhat more relavent note how is 50/24/30 new? 100 games is new?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2015 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow you like that concession button, can't be long until that comes back to bite your ass.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2015 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Conceding when able to setup less than 3 players is usually good business for your team.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2015 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you guys, understood now.

So sad is that i cleared the pitch, obviously wanted to score 7/8 but he conceded and I lost the SPP (for TD and few passes).

But ok, it can happen only few times ...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2015 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
Conceding when able to setup less than 3 players is usually good business for your team.

Well that depends. If you're in a 'tread water' environment, there's nothing to play for, so yeah.

However in a league or trying to advance the team, then no.....unless any of those 3 players left you vitally need to protect.
 Jump to: